FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

dmodemd Dec 31, 2013 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by dmodemd (Post 22036774)
Saw this on TripAdvisor and glad I checked. The weekend breakfast coupons for Platinums when the lounge is closed is no longer offered. I called the hotel to confirm this. As a result I will be cancelling my reservation here.

Also just got an email back from JW Marriott New Orleans stating that they offer the 1000 points in compensation and will be getting themselves added to the policy exception list (matching the Marriott there).

Ulle Jan 6, 2014 12:43 am

Leipzig / Marriott; OPEN /

can confirm that lounge is open on w/end as of 08 Dec. 13. There is one computer with internet access and we were not offered bīfast in the restaurant. However thereīs a decent service in the lounge

Berlin / Marriott/ OPEN;

can confirm that lounge is open on w/end as of 05 Jan 14. I was not able to access the free wifi there, there is supposed to be a laptop for guestīs use that I couldnīt find, only one with a big sticker "staff use only". No printer. The "open-bar" in the evenings is now beer and wine only, no cocktails or other alcoholic drinks. A step down from what the Berlin lounge used to be.

nacho Jan 9, 2014 6:04 am

Copenhagen Marriott
Lounge is open on the top floor. Everyone can use the computers with printers and fax machine 1 floor down (it's on the 9th floor and you don't need to enter the lounge to use them)
Opening hours are from 6 to midnight. Don't recall any cocktail but with plenty of Ceres beer.
Brekkie in the lounge only.
Stayed Dec 20, 2013

Istanbul Marriott Asia
Lounge is open. Didn't see any cocktail during cocktail hour. Brekkie in the lounge only. 1 computer in the lounge with printer (not sure if it works - haven't checked).
Stayed Dec 22, 2013

Courtyard Hong Kong - Hong Kong
Lounge is open from 6 to midnight. Brekkie in the lounge/ restaurant. 3 computers in the lounge with printer and fax. Free wifi in the whole hotel for everyone.
Stayed Dec-Jan 2013

nickfromct Jan 11, 2014 10:19 am

The Lexington in NYC I was offered full breakfast coupon in restaurant. Special menu with 4 choices. 1) 2 eggs any style with potatoes, etc. 2) waffle or pancakes 3) cereal or oatmeal 4) fruit and cottage cheese. All come with coffee and juice.

MsEverywhere Jan 12, 2014 8:32 am

Orlando / Castle Hotel, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE / Cont'l brekkie (no hot items) in restaurant

The policy is still cont'l brekkie and yesterday the server told me they'd charge for the hot item I ordered. But the front desk removed it from my bill.

gokhawksgo Jan 13, 2014 9:39 am

Rochester NY Marriott - Used to receive full buffet, but now just the continental. Can upgrade to full for an additional $3

sammyindc Jan 13, 2014 9:45 am

Savannah / Mansion on Forsyth Park, Autograph Collection / OPEN (according to staff when asked); free wifi; 05/07/13 update

Still the same as of 1/12/14.
Open for breakfast and appetizers/cocktails. You get a complimentary glass of wine or beer per stay in the lounge as well.

Michilander Jan 14, 2014 8:20 am

Charleston, SC/Marriott/CLOSED/Coupons/Key accessible/i'net access, printer

Do not see anything about coupons in the wiki, but I was given coupons for breakfast for two in the restaurant on the weekends. Coupons said continental, but we had access to the full buffet breakfast. I think we could have even gotten omelets, but neither of us actually tried.

I was also told I could turn in the coupons and get points instead. We used the coupons.

GDaoV Jan 14, 2014 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by Michilander (Post 22151844)
I was also told I could turn in the coupons and get points instead. We used the coupons.

750 points... Omelet is included at most FS Marriotts.

ssafro1 Jan 15, 2014 7:45 am

* Houston / Hotel ICON, Autograph Collection / NO LOUNGE; COUPONS for breakfast buffet M-F only;

Current as of today. Only thing I would add is a weekly rewards members reception on Wed from 5:30-7:30 w free beer, wine, apps.

bdschobel Jan 17, 2014 8:14 am

Bucharest, Romania

Update: Lounge is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, but unstaffed in the wee hours. Has several computers and printers. I was offered free breakfast in the hotel restaurant, rather than in the lounge, but the lounge was fine. Free breakfast on weekends, too. As of January 17, 2014.

Bruce

transportprof Jan 19, 2014 5:04 pm

Sunday breakfast in BWI Marriott lounge

I stayed in the BWI Marriott last Sunday. Breakfast is served in the lounge until 11 am. I am still getting the hang of Gold offerings, but this breakfast had hot items - eggs and sausage, as well as breads, cereal, yoghurt, fruits.

Currently the BWI is listed as serving a continental breakfast in the lounge. I'd say this was more than continental, but maybe that's because I don't know the drill yet.

Ulle Jan 22, 2014 3:12 am

Cologne / Marriott / OPEN; free i-net; two terminals with computer and scanner/printer

Lounge back to normal after renovations last summer.
Stayed Jan. 16-19th, 2014.

dc2005b Jan 23, 2014 10:41 am

I stayed at the Casa Monica in St. Augustine, FL earlier this week and was offered either continental breakfast in the lobby or 750 points in lieu of lounge access.

No $10 coupon was offered as mentioned on here last year so they must have changed their policy.

loneraven Jan 24, 2014 7:18 am

Palm Springs/Renaissance Vouchers for two for continental breakfast. To upgrade to the full buffet you either pay more or use two vouchers.