FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

tbm13 Feb 6, 2012 7:52 am

Brussels Marriott Hotel

Here's an update regarding the Brussels Marriott Hotel. I don't think anything has changed since the last update in early 2011 but I thought I'd provide an update just in case.

1) Brussels Marriott Hotel
2) Open. Breakfast on the weekend is from 6:30 - 11:00 (6:30 - 10:00 during the week) and hot snacks from 17:30 - 19:30.
3) N/A (breakfast in lounge)
4) Open for breakfast and key accessible (soft drinks, water, fresh fruit, computers, newspapers)
5) There are 2 Internet terminals and one printer. I didn't check wifi but since there's wifi in the rooms I assume it's available in the lounge too.
6) February 2012

SkiAdcock Feb 7, 2012 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by abhilife2001 (Post 17952119)
Any idea how is the lounge spread wrt food during the evenings ?

Folks, this thread is to give updates on whether lounges are open or closed on the weekends, if breakfast certs are given if closed, if it's key accessible for sodas, if there's free wifi or an i-net terminal.

It is NOT to ask how the food is, etc. Those questions should go in threads regarding the property.

Please, let's keep on topic. Thanks!

Cheers.

ohmark Feb 9, 2012 12:05 pm

Renaissance Vinoy

Sorry to report a significant dimunition in the breakfast benefit at the Renaissance Vinoy resort in Saint Petersburg Florida. I just spoke to a front desk supervisor who informed me that the current benefit is a choice of either comped continental breakfast or $10 off menu items at a hotel restaurant Monday through Friday only. The benefit is only provided to platinums, not to golds, and only to the member, not per person. The prior benefit of a $20 restaurant credit 7 days to the platinum member is no longer in effect.

The hotel is classified as a resort and does not have a concierge lounge.

aolj Feb 9, 2012 1:35 pm

San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina

San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina lounge closed on weekend (Received $30 credit for food on Saturday only) Buffet breakfast at restaurant was $22.

Stayed from Feb 3rd to 5th.

VickiSoCal Feb 12, 2012 12:55 pm

Update form last night (a Saturday)

* Long Beach / Renaissance / CLOSED; 3/30/11 update

Closed, no coupons, key accessible, stocked with soda, water bottles and fresh fruit.

SkiAdcock Feb 13, 2012 10:09 am

List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.

yuel Feb 13, 2012 8:58 pm

Tried a search, but no answer so how many coupons will they give out if there are 4 guest in one room?

ohmark Feb 15, 2012 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by yuel (Post 18010729)
Tried a search, but no answer so how many coupons will they give out if there are 4 guest in one room?

If you looked at all at this thread, you would have realized your question is inappropriate here. If a proper search didn't help you, start a new thread. Quick answer is that every hotel seems to have a different policy, so call the hotel in question.

iztok Feb 17, 2012 6:57 am

Renaissance Charlotte Southpark

Ask nicely and you might receive a breakfast coupon on weekend! :)

heralder Feb 17, 2012 1:10 pm

Lounge discontinued

Paris/Marriott Charles De Gaulle Airport/No lounge anymore; breakfast coupons

This hotel has eliminated its executive lounge.
There is signage on door saying it is no longer a lounge (although other signage remains directing patrons to lounge).

Tmstewar2 Feb 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Update:

Renaissance Dallas Richardson Hotel
Lounge closes Friday evening reopened Sunday evening and they are NO longer providing any type of breakfast voucher/discount for Saturday or Sunday Breakfast.

2/18/11 update

nacho Feb 21, 2012 4:17 pm

1) Hamburg Marriott Hotel
2) Open. Breakfast on the weekend is from 6:30 - 11:00, cake from 15:00 - 17:00 and hot snacks from 17:30 - 20:30 (with complimentary wine etc.)
3) N/A (breakfast in lounge)
4) Open for breakfast and key accessible (soft drinks, water, fresh fruit, beer, snacks, computers, newspapers)
5) There is 1 Internet terminal and one printer. No wifi in lounge
6) February 2012
Note: There is no minibar in room, so you can take drinks freely from the lounge (not a whole bottle of wine of course), and also at the lobby shop which is open 24/7 (was told I can take anything except red bull)

dw Feb 21, 2012 4:24 pm

1) Atlanta, Ga: Renaissance Atlanta Midtown
2) No lounge
3) Breakfast for two is provided in hotel restaurant M-F mornings. $10/night minibar credit is also provided each night (no exclusions for weekend stays)
5) 2/2012

(EDIT: SkiAdcock, you can disregard, I see that the list has already been updated from my post in the Atlanta area hotel thread)

mec9t8 Feb 22, 2012 3:35 pm

1) Cleveland / Ohio / USA / Marriott Cleveland at Key Center
2) Closed on weekends
5) 1 computer terminal with free internet and printer
6) 02/12

(side note) Presidents Day is not considered as holiday, therefore opened on Sunday night and also Presidents Day's morning.
Free beer & wine on Sunday night (staffed) and free beer and breakfast served on Presidents Day's morning (also staffed)

KMA26 Feb 23, 2012 5:04 am

One update regarding London / Marriott Maida Vale:

Breakfast is not being provided in the Lounge on the weekends. Elites are being told to eat breakfast in the restaurant, names/room/status are on the list with the hostess.

Feb 2012