FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

rasheed Jul 4, 2012 3:57 pm

Marriott Rive Gauche Paris

As of this summer, it might be seasonal, but the executive lounge is open everyday for snacks and beverages and contains internet terminals for use. On the weekends, guests that would otherwise have breakfast provided in the lounge are invited to breakfast at the restaurant buffet (this would be Gold, Platinum, and the rooms that include the lounge as part of the rate). However, for the upcoming weekend and maybe others, they are serving the breakfast in the lounge this weekend. Must be due to occupancy levels. Signs in the lounge will indicate where weekend lounge users can have their complementary breakfast no matter what the case.

Rasheed

Teamstone Jul 5, 2012 1:01 pm

Florida

MIAMI/Miami Marriott Dadeland/Closed

Teamstone Jul 5, 2012 1:01 pm

Georgia
COLUMBUS/Columbus Marriott/Closed

Teamstone Jul 5, 2012 1:03 pm

Just stayed two weeks ago and this is still accurate:

Italy
* Rome / Rome Park Marriott / OPEN; Breakfast coupons given as small lounge; 2-terminals + wireless; 07/11/11 update

Teamstone Jul 5, 2012 1:05 pm

Just stayed 2 weeks ago and still accurate:

Rome / Grand Flora / No Lounge; Full breakfast everyday; Free wired i-net in rooms & wireless in the lobby (get code from front desk); 2 computers & printers off the lobby; 09/11 update

FYI: It is more than a full breakfast. Think of it as a Champagne Sunday Brunch 7 days a week.

Teamstone Jul 5, 2012 1:08 pm

Pennsylvania
Philadelphia/Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel/Closed

Teamstone Jul 5, 2012 1:11 pm

California
San Mateo/San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport/Closed

wxguy Jul 5, 2012 2:52 pm

Zurich Marriott

As of 7/5/12, confirmed:

Seven days:
Breakfast, 6am-10am
Snacks from 11am-10pm
Evening Hors d'oeuvres, 5pm-7:30pm

Key accessible 24-hours, with beverage cabinet open (water, soda, juice, beer).

WiFi available (free with status, paid otherwise). No terminals nor printers.

It got pretty crowded around 5:30pm when I was there on a Thursday evening, but the food was refreshed often enough. Then there was the family that included three screaming/uncontrollable kids -- but that's another thread :-(

VA1379 Jul 5, 2012 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Teamstone (Post 18875926)
Pennsylvania
Philadelphia/Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel/Closed

Originally Posted by Teamstone (Post 18875953)
California
San Mateo/San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport/Closed

Do these properties no longer give free breakfast on the weekends when the lounge is closed? I was at the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport in mid-May, and they gave free breakfast on the weekends to gold/platinum members when the concierge lounge is closed.

Svantevit Jul 5, 2012 5:05 pm

Nova Scotia, Canada

Halifax/Halifax Marriott Harbourfront Hotel/Closed.

Do not know if the offer coupons instead.

05-Jul-2012.

Teamstone Jul 6, 2012 8:32 am

Originally Posted by VA1379 (Post 18876691)
Do these properties no longer give free breakfast on the weekends when the lounge is closed? I was at the San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport in mid-May, and they gave free breakfast on the weekends to gold/platinum members when the concierge lounge is closed.

Wasn't there on a weekend, so unfortunately I don't have that information. That is great news!

SkiAdcock Jul 6, 2012 10:25 am

I've PM'd Teamstone to get some clarification re: what he posted. Once I hear from him I'll update the sticky.

Cheers.

UpgradeMe Jul 6, 2012 3:41 pm

Rochester, MN:

Marriott.com indicates that the lounge is closed on weekends.

I checked in last Saturday afternoon and asked anyway.

First I was told that the lounge had been trashed during breakfast service on Saturday morning and would remain closed for the remainder of the weekend as as a result. A polite request then resulted in breakfast coupons for two.

An hour later I received a call in my room informing me that the lounge would reopen on Sunday morning. Sunday lounge breakfast included eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fruit, etc.

In summary, this lounge appears to be regularly open on weekends.

BKKLEE Jul 7, 2012 3:15 am

1) Courtyard Bangkok
2) Lounge is open on weekends
3) plats offered breakfast in either lounge or MoMo Cafe
4) room key accessible (but w full-time attendant)
5) exec lounge offers free Internet (2 terminals) & wireless + for plats in-room Internet access
6) evening snacks (not very good) w. happy hour from 5:30-7:30PM (but when they ran out of vodka, after 2 drinks, did not replace)
7) date - 07 July 12

wxguy Jul 10, 2012 6:34 am

Confirming:
* Frankfurt / Marriott / CLOSED; Coupons; i-net terminals; 09/11 update
As of 7/8/12. The coupons are good for the full buffet (excellent!) in the restaurant on the ground floor.