FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

Muerz Jan 9, 2012 2:18 pm

1) Chicago, IL, Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile
2) Lounge is closed on weekends.
3) No free breakfast offered on weekends for Platinums.
4) Did not try if the lounge was accessible by room key.
5) Lounge has a Terminal as well as Wifi. But you have to log on using credentials, didn't have the time to try it.
6) Info was valid from December 17 to 23.

allset2travel Jan 13, 2012 12:20 am

1. Courtyard Beijing Northeast
2. Lounge opens on weekends
3. Don’t know
4. Don’t know, as I had not used it off hours
5. Lounge is equipped with computer/printer. It appears to have one wired port on a separate desk. Had not used it, nor had I used wifi there.
6. Late Dec, 2011

1. Courtyard Shanghai Puxi
3. Don’t know
4. Don’t know, as I had not used it off hours
5. Lounge is equipped with computer/printer. Not sure about wifi
6. Late Dec, 2011

1. Courtyard Hangzhou Wulin
3. Don’t know
4. Don’t know
5. Lounge is equipped with computer/printers. Not sure about wifi
6. Jan, 2012

1. Hong Kong Marriott SkyCity (HKG)
3. Don’t know
4. Don’t know
5. Lounge is equipped with several computers/printers. Not sure about wifi
6. Jan, 2012

1. JW Shenzhen
2 Lounge opens on weekends. Elites are invited to have breakfast in the 2nd floor restaurant. What a breakfast!
3. Don’t know
4. Wifi. You need a code fro staff.
5. Lounge is equipped with computer/printer.
6. Jan, 2012

nacho Jan 14, 2012 10:51 am

Sorry Sharon, in the original post I wrote CY Hong Kong (Courtyard Hong Kong - there is only one CY Hong Kong).

1) City/State/Country/Property Name
Courtyard Hong Kong
2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends;
Open all days
3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed;
No (it opens from 6am to 11pm)
4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
No
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless
Yes
6) date you know the info was valid (ie, 04/10)
Jan 2012

You can choose to have your breakfast at the lounge or at the restaurant.

FlyinHawaiian Jan 16, 2012 6:52 am

1/2012 Update

Originally Posted by graupel22 (Post 15469092)
1) Woodland Hills, CA Warner Center Marriott
2) Lounge Closed on weekend
3) Free breakfast for plats on weekend in hotel restaurant - no coupons, just "tell them you're a plat"
4) Unknown
5) Unknown
6) 12/17/2010

1. Warner Center Marriott Woodland Hills
  2. Lounge closed on weekends
  3. Free breakfast for Golds and Plats in restuaraunt; name and room automatically added to list at the restaurant checkin podium
  4. No
  5. No free wireless; one terminal on the upper (14th floor) level

tbm13 Jan 21, 2012 12:45 am

Melbourne Marriott

I wanted to give an update regarding the Melbourne Marriott since the latest update is from 2010.

1) Melbourne Marriott
2) Open
3) Free breakfast in lounge from 6:30 to 10:00. Snacks in the evening from 17:30 to 20:00. Desserts from 20:00 to 21:30. All Monday to Sunday.
4) Lounge accessible from 6:30 to midnight: tea, coffe and some drinks are provided.
5) There's free wifi and at least one terminal and a printer
6) Jan 2012

njcommodore Jan 21, 2012 6:05 am

1) JW Marriott, Miami, FL (not the Marquis)

2) Open 7 days

3) N/A

4) N/A

5) 4 i-net terminals and a printer

6) Jan 2012

joshua362 Jan 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Guess I should add this here, just saw the nice job kept up front:

Pittsburgh City Center - coupons 1/11
Baltimore Waterfront - coupons 4/11
Farmington, CT - coupons 1/12

SkiAdcock Jan 24, 2012 1:13 pm

List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.

Mr. Vker Jan 24, 2012 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by plagwate (Post 17195639)
The San Francisco Marriott Marquis is keeping it's concierge lounge open on weekends! This is only on a 90-day trial basis and I don't know when the trial actually started. Regardless, I just checked in and will be staying through the weekend so I'll be enjoying this benefit.

How is the trial going???? Still open? Have a March stay upcoming. How were the breakfast offerings?

SkiAdcock Jan 25, 2012 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Mr. Vker (Post 17880301)
How is the trial going???? Still open? Have a March stay upcoming. How were the breakfast offerings?

This thread is to list open/closed, based on reports. Questions re: breakfast offerings should go into the appropriate property thread, not the exec lounge open/closed thread. Thanks for your understanding.

PS - You can call the property & ask them if the lounge is still open. Please report back what they say if you do.

Cheers.

nevansm Jan 25, 2012 8:18 pm

* Gaithersburg / Marriott Washingtonian Center / CLOSED / No Coupons 1/12 update
* Columbia / Marriott Downtown / CLOSED (COUPONS) / Option for coupons during the week as well, staff is very flexible 1/12 update

Yamada Taro Jan 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Indianapolis IN /Renaissance Indianapolis North Hotel /CLOSED (Breakfast coupon and Appetizer COUPONS) / 1/27/12 UPDATE

AUSMatt Feb 2, 2012 2:02 pm

Club Room Booked

A quick question. I have a club room booked for a weekend stay, but I noticed the lounge is closed at this Renaissance (OKC). Would they still offer me breakfast coupons in this case?

I do not have status with Marriott.

(FYI - it was the only room rate available at the time).

SkiAdcock Feb 3, 2012 10:27 am

Originally Posted by AUSMatt (Post 17939757)
A quick question. I have a club room booked for a weekend stay, but I noticed the lounge is closed at this Renaissance (OKC). Would they still offer me breakfast coupons in this case?

I do not have status with Marriott.

(FYI - it was the only room rate available at the time).

Normally I'd say check the property thread in the main forum vs. asking here since this is really just for reporting open/closed & if coupons are offered, but the OKC Ren doesn't have a date by it so no reports in last few years, so going to ask a favor.

Speaking for myself, I'd a) keep checking back to see if a regular room opens up; b) if I had to pay for the club room (which presumably costs more than a reg room) I'd politely but firmly ask them for breakfast coupons since the room rate is more & you're not getting anything extra with it.

Here's the favor: after you've gotten the brekkie certs (or not), at a separate time (not at the same time) if you can ask them if a) they provide brekkie coupons to Golds/Plats, b) if the lounge is key acessible for soft drinks/water even if closed; if there's an internet terminal or free wifi in the lounge, and report back what they say in this thread, I'll then update the OKC Ren status.

Thanks!

Cheers.

abhilife2001 Feb 4, 2012 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by Kalboz (Post 15341456)
1) Bangkok / Thailand / Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel
2) Lounge is Open weekends 6 AM - 12 midnight
3) No, lounge is open for breakfast 6 -11 AM (weekdays 6 - 10:30 AM)
4) NA
5) Lounge offers free wireless and computer terminals are available also
6) Now - Dec. 2, 2010

Am planning to stay here in a few weeks time..
I guess the lounge would still be there now ?
Any idea how is the lounge spread wrt food during the evenings ?