FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

SkiAdcock Apr 2, 2012 6:12 pm

Oh my goodness! What the heck happened to my list? It IS gone! :eek: :eek: :mad:

I'll have to check w/ IB or bruce to see if we can get it back. Will let you know. Otherwise I'm going to have to try & reconstruct - a LOT.

Cheers.

bdschobel Apr 2, 2012 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock (Post 18322661)
Oh my goodness! What the heck happened to my list? It IS gone! :eek: :eek: :mad:

I'll have to check w/ IB or bruce to see if we can get it back. Will let you know. Otherwise I'm going to have to try & reconstruct - a LOT.

Cheers.

I know nothing about any editing of that post. Maybe IB does.

Bruce

SanDiego1K Apr 2, 2012 9:45 pm

Fortunately, each version of an edited post is embedded in that post. I was able to restore it from today's 10:34am edit. There were two edits within the same minute, both by Sharon. The second one wiped out all the content after New Jersey.

SkiAdcock Apr 2, 2012 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 18323689)
Fortunately, each version of an edited post is embedded in that post. I was able to restore it from today's 10:34am edit. There were two edits within the same minute, both by Sharon. The second one wiped out all the content after New Jersey.

MANY MANY THANKS!!!!

I don't recall editing twice, so a double glitch? FT was loading/posting slowly today, so maybe my hitting submit 2x thinking it was my computer acting slow (and it might have been) caused the boo-boo.

Regardless, I will now archive in Word. But you totally rock sandiego1k!

And many thanks to those who posted updates in the stand-alone thread. Thank you for being helpful - and having better google skills than me (which sadly isn't hard to do). But you all are much appreciated.

Just like I - and our fellow FTers - appreciate your updates.

Cheers.

9809JD Apr 3, 2012 6:20 am

Hurray - so glad the list was restored with little extra work for you! Thanks again for keeping it updated.

New York, NY
-Carlton Hotel
-No Lounge
-Breakfast coupons given - only given Mon thru Fri, only valid for continental breakfast, and only given for the member (i.e. only 1 coupon even if 2 people in the room)
-Free wifi throughout the hotel for all guests

joepercussion1 Apr 3, 2012 8:30 am

Renaissance Baton Rouge - NEW HOTEL

1) Baton Rouge/Louisiana/USA/Renaissance Baton Rouge
2) CLOSED
3) YES
4) UNKNOWN
5) FREE PC WITH PRINTER. FREE WIFI IN ALL COMMON AREAS
6) 04/12

Rondelltg Apr 4, 2012 12:13 pm

Updates. Seoul St, Louis, Quincy, Ma, and Waikiki

1) St. Loius/MO/USA/Marriott Union Station
2) Closed on weekends
3) Coupons are given and each coupon is for two BF
4) Room key NOT accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
5) Yes terminals wireless is unknown.
6) 03/12

1) Seoul/KE/Courtyard Times Square
2) Open on weekends
3) Room number is good for full BF daily or in the lounge
4) N/A
5) Yes terminals wireless is Yes.
6) 03/12

1) Honolulu/HI/USA/Marriott Waikiki Beach
2) No Lounge
3) No coupons
4) N/A
5) N/A
6) 02/12

1) Quincy/MA/USA/Qincy Marriott
2) Closed on weekends
3) Coupons are given and each coupon is for two BF
4) Room key NOT accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
5) Yes terminals wireless is unknown.
6) 01/12

I will be able to update the Quincy Marriott again after the weekend of the 13th - 15th.

SkiAdcock Apr 6, 2012 11:38 am

List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.

megtravels Apr 6, 2012 7:21 pm

1) City/State/Country/Property Name - Pittsburgh Airport Marriott

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends - Closed

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed -No, but i was told to just show my key for free breakfast (i presume it will be buffet)

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water; - as of 9 PM on Friday evening, still key accessible. There is some fruit, and soda/water available.

5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - there are 2 desktops, did not try wifi

6) date you know the info was valid -4/6/2012

djohannw Apr 7, 2012 3:16 pm

1) Marriott Suites Anaheim, CA
2) Hotel has no lounge
3) Coupons for Plat state "we upgrade your breakfast to a full Buffet Monday through Friday", however upon showing the coupon on Sunday we were comped the breakfast for two adults and a child
4) -
5) -
6) 3/12

1) Renaissance Esmeralda Palm Springs, CA
2) Hotel has no lounge
3) no breakfast provided due to status since hotel is resort
4) -
5) -
6) 4/12

1) San Diego Marriott Marquis Marina & Spa San Diego, CA
2) Lounge is closed on weekends
3) No breakfast-coupons, and no credit for Saturday breakfast as reported earlier
4) Lounge is closed on the weekend and not accessible
5) will update on Monday :-)
6) 4/12

Greetings - Dirk

billycwhatup Apr 7, 2012 10:01 pm

1) Marriott East Side (NY, NY) - can't believe I couldn't find it here already
2) Lounge is closed on weekends (closes at 1pm on Friday)
3) No coupons for breakfast, no nothin'
4) Lounge is locked down on weekends
5) Lounge had internet terminals and wifi
6) April 7, 2012

wxguy Apr 7, 2012 10:13 pm

Marquis, Times Square, New York City: No change from usual pattern. However, upon check-in today (Saturday) the Elite Desk agent offered me a breakfast coupon for tomorrow morning (Sunday) as a "special consideration." Perhaps it's because I told her I'd trade a Times Square view for a quiet room. :)

megtravels Apr 8, 2012 8:38 am

1) City/State/Country/Property Name - Renaissance Pittsburgh Hotel

2) Lounge is Open or Closed on weekends - Closed

3) if breakfast coupons are given if it's closed -No

4) if the lounge is closed, if it's still room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water - no
5) if the exec lounge offers free i-net & whether it's terminals or wireless - not sure

6) date you know the info was valid - 4/7/12

SkiAdcock Apr 8, 2012 8:43 am

List updated. Keep them coming.

Cheers.

djohannw Apr 8, 2012 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by djohannw (Post 18352307)
1) San Diego Marriott Marquis Marina & Spa San Diego, CA
2) Lounge is closed on weekends
3) No breakfast-coupons, and no credit for Saturday breakfast as reported earlier
4) Lounge is closed on the weekend and not accessible
5) will update on Monday :-)
6) 4/12

5) Lounge has four PCs and a printer available during lounge hours.

Greetings - Dirk