FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/1078647-master-thread-domestic-international-executive-lounges-open-closed-weekends.html)

dcchi Aug 21, 2011 10:29 pm

I stayed at the JW Marriott San Francisco Union Square on Saturday night and asked about the lounge for breakfast expecting (based on this thread) that there'd be none available. They told me was open (i.e., for Sunday breakfast) beginning at 7am. Despite my best intentions to grab some free grub, I did not actually make it to breakfast and walked over to chinatown for some dimsum instead.

However, assuming what they said was true, the thread should be updated to reflect that it is open for the weekend...

abw1987 Aug 21, 2011 10:32 pm

Have been staying at the Marriott in Racine, WI for a while now, and the CL is closed on weekends.

ucfknight98 Aug 22, 2011 8:33 pm

* Clearwater Beach / Marriott on Sand Key / NO LOUNGE (COUPONS DURING WEEKDAY ONLY)
I spend this past weekend (8/19/11 - 8/21/11) and received coupons for the good start breakfast (cold) with an option to upgrade to the hot buffet for $9 as a Gold member.

aacharya Aug 27, 2011 3:57 pm

NY West Harrison - Renaissance - 8/27/11

Confirm lounge closed on weekends, no coupons (even after asking as a Plat).

Twickenham Aug 28, 2011 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by Twickenham (Post 16792944)
In preparation for an upcoming stay (end August) at the Boston Marriott Copley Place, I e-mailed the hotel with a few questions and requests, and obtained the following info re: the lounge:

No breakfast served in the lounge for July/August (coffee available). Breakfast coupons for buffet at their restaurant, Champions, given.

Will report on the facilities when I get back.

Just returned from the Boston Marriott Copley Place , so I'm able to provide a first-hand update of the above:

The lounge is open in the morning for coffee only from 6:30-9; elites get coupons for the breakfast buffet (but excluding the omelet station) on Monday-Friday; for Saturday-Sunday, coupons good for pastry & beverages at Starbucks, up to a value of $10 total, are provided. The FDC said this was due to a lack of space in the lounge (which I don't doubt - for this large a hotel, the lounge is tiny); she didn't specify a timeframe for this policy, but a sign at the CL did state that this was for July and August only. Hors d'oeuvres served 5:30-7:30, dessert 7:30-10:00. No computer station nor any wifi, though I believe I saw a fax.

The Lounge was not key-accessible when I tried Friday evening.

Shanye2233 Aug 29, 2011 11:54 am

So I have a up and coming stay at a marriott resort. It does have a lounge yet they tell me I will be charged for access. I rang elite CS and they told me it should be comped the hotel will contact me and this time with their response the priced increased from $65 initial quote for two adults to $90 for two adults. This info is direct from the website.

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts. If your hotel doesn’t have a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays. Outside the U.S. and Canada, you are entitled to continental breakfast 7 days a week. (Not available at The Ritz-Carlton or resort locations.) In the event that this guarantee is not met, a guest compensation of $100 USD* will be issued to Elite members..
*Outside the U.S. compensation will be paid in the local currency.

SkiAdcock Aug 30, 2011 8:23 am

Originally Posted by Shanye2233 (Post 17017193)
So I have a up and coming stay at a marriott resort. It does have a lounge yet they tell me I will be charged for access. I rang elite CS and they told me it should be comped the hotel will contact me and this time with their response the priced increased from $65 initial quote for two adults to $90 for two adults. This info is direct from the website.

Guaranteed Lounge Access/Free Breakfast
Help yourself to light snacks, beverages and complimentary continental breakfast in our Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge at participating JW Marriott Hotels, the Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts. If your hotel doesn’t have a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, we invite you to enjoy complimentary continental breakfast on your weekday stays. Outside the U.S. and Canada, you are entitled to continental breakfast 7 days a week. (Not available at The Ritz-Carlton or resort locations.) In the event that this guarantee is not met, a guest compensation of $100 USD* will be issued to Elite members..
*Outside the U.S. compensation will be paid in the local currency.

Why would you post all that & not mention which resort you're referring to?

If you list which resort, I'll update the sticky to reflect the charge for the lounge.

I normally don't allow discussion of what's offered/not offered/what they could do better/problems in this thread, but I'll make an exception so that others will know. Note, however, that further discussion of the topic should go in the appropriate thread in the Marriott forum & NOT in this sticky.

Also, please note from your own quote that resorts are excluded from offering lounge access. And as mentioned in another part of the T&C:

Guaranteed Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge Access* at JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts during normal hours of operations: Monday to Friday. For JW Marriott, Autograph Collection, Renaissance Hotels and Marriott Hotels & Resorts without a Concierge/Executive/Club Lounge, Elite Members will still receive a complimentary continental breakfast for weekday stays, Monday through Friday; simply show Membership Card and room key in the hotel restaurant.
*Not available at resort locations.

It's long been recognized (and is a pet peeve) that resorts are exempt from lounge access/offering breakfast to elites. And some resorts have a 'super lounge' (JW Desert Ridge comes to mind) that the only access is via paying extra for it.

Again, this thread is to list which properties domestic & int'l have exec lounges open/closed on the weekend, and if brekkie coupons are offered if they're closed, if they're key accessible if closed, and if they have i-net terminals or free wifi.

Cheers.

RogerD408 Sep 3, 2011 8:52 am

Marriott New Orleans Canal St. 9/3/11

No lounge open on weekends
No chits for breakfast or snacks
No access for water or sodas

wxguy Sep 14, 2011 2:41 am

Originally Posted by fandresva (Post 16674680)
JW Marriott Beijing - Open on Weekends maximum 2 Adults per room for complimentary access (They ask for your room number as you walk in)

An update on the JWM Beijing: Today I wandered in around 4pm to grab a soda, and discovered they had High Tea! Mini-sandwiches, fruit, desserts. Nice touch!

tbm13 Sep 17, 2011 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by nissan720 (Post 16574084)
1) Sunderland UK / Sunderland Marriott Hotel
2) No Lounge
3) Breakfast given on weekdays / weekends unknown (Continental Only)

Update from September: they offer free breakfast on weekends. Continental and full English were both available.

SkiAdcock Sep 18, 2011 10:19 am

Keep the updates coming. Thx!

Cheers.

tbm13 Sep 20, 2011 8:18 am

Update on Marriott Gosforth Park (Newcastle)

The lounge is accessible 24/7 and they always have soft drinks (7p, Pepsi) and water. During the evening, they also have beer and wine.

They serve breakfast in the lounge on weekdays. They provide snacks in the evening from Monday to Thursday.

When I made my reservation, I phoned them to ask if they will provide breakfast on weekends and I'm pretty sure the answer was no. However, when I asked about breakfast upon check-in, they immediately said that as a Gold member I could have free breakfast in the restaurant. I had breakfast on Sunday (September 18) without problems.

RDUflyer2 Sep 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Sharon, just confirming as I was there last night:

Existing entry: "Arlington / Crystal Gateway Marriott / CLOSED; Plats automatic free normal buffet; $3.27 upchrge if you want the better buffet; 7/16/11 update"

Might want to clarify: the no charge buffet for plats is a continental buffet. I believe the 3.27 charge listed is still accurate as the server said it would be several dollars more but I was fine with the free buffet.

Thanks for keeping this up.

aaupgrade Sep 24, 2011 1:59 pm

Rome / Italy / Grand Flora is accurate as on 09/11

1) Istanbul / Turkey / Ritz-Carlton
2) Lounge is open on weekends, but only for those who book and pay for Club Level rooms
3) No coupons, but breakfast was comped for this Plat without asking. One just provides room # and name to hostess. Note that my room rate did not include breakfast, or if it did it was not reflected in the rate rules.
6) 09/11

London / United Kingdom / St. Pancras Renaissance is accurate from Plat perspective as of 09/11. There is no taking food or drink out of the lounge by rules, and also due to its location would not make it conducive to do so. BTW, a very comfortable, well staffed, huge beautiful lounge with 20' ceilings, and archways with 12' polished Marble Corinthian columns, all of which hands-down makes any other lounge I have been in look small. While the food selection is nice, it still pales in comparison to offerings provided at Asian properties.

heralder Sep 25, 2011 4:27 pm

Marriott LAX lounge not accessible

OLD INFO: * Los Angeles / Airport Marriott / CLOSED; Coupons; key accessible, can get water/sodas; 06/11 update

UPDATE: Lounge not key accessible after noon Friday until Sunday night. According to elite check in desk, lounge now remains closed.