Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 15, 2016, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: itsaboutthejourney
Post #1 of this sticky has the current updates for exec lounge & breakfast for JW Marriott, Renaissance, Autograph Collection, Marriott, and Delta hotels worldwide. It also includes Courtyards in Asia. Please refer to post #1 for information.
Print Wikipost

MASTER THREAD: Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:45 am

JW Marriott New Orleans update

1) New Orleans/LA/USA/JW Marriott New Orleans
2) Lounge *closed* on weekends - closes at 12 noon Friday, reopens 5 pm Sunday
3) Breakfast coupons are *not* given if it's closed - Platinum guest requested several times; denied repeatedly
4) When the lounge is closed, it is *not* room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water
5) The exec lounge offers complimentary wi-fi
6) Info valid 10/31/2010
Old Nov 3, 2010, 3:11 am

Programs: AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
1) Washington [DC] Marriott
2) Closed
3) Coupons
4) [unknown]
5) Standing-only [no stool] computer terminal w/ printer; wireless service same as in-room i-bahn
6) 11/10
Old Nov 5, 2010, 1:56 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold
JW Marriott Beijing

1) Beijing China / JW Marriott Beijing
2) Lounge is Open on weekends; (6am-midnight daily)
3) Platinum members can also have free breakfast at the downstairs restaurant in addition to the lounge
4)
5) 2 free i-net terminals -- no free wifi
6) Valid on Nov 3, 2010
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:45 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD, UA SLV, MR LT PLT PRM, HH DIA, IHG PLT, SW CP, MVCI CHM LVL, HERTZ PC, National EE
REN Arc de Triomphe

Just reviewed the list and noticed the REN Arc de Triomphe is not listed. I stayed there in April on points and got a full breakfast (full buffet + table order waffles and omelettes). I am GLD. They have no lounge but will upgrade room on status. BTW, a great hotel.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 7:10 pm

Tulsa OK Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center

Tulsa OK Renaissance Hotel and Convention Center
2) Lounge is Closed on weekends;
3) No breakfast coupons are given if it's closed
4) Is NOT room key accessible on the weekends for sodas/water;
5) No
6) 11/6/1010
Old Nov 7, 2010, 3:00 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SWA CP
1) Cincinnati(West Chester)/Ohio/USA/Cincinnati Marriott North
2) Closed
3) Coupons: Yes
4) Accessible: No
5) Unknown
6) 11/10
Old Nov 9, 2010, 9:27 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Plat
1. Hong Kong Marriott Sky City
2. Lounge Open
3. Free Wireless / 3 ternimals
4. 10/22/10
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Updated the list. Keep them coming!

Cheers.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 3:04 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Atlanta and Chicago

Slight corrections: Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown correctly notes "no coupons" but should add "on weekends," as comped breakfast or coupons are provided during the normal week, as there is no lounge. In Chicago the Ren properties (Blackstone and Downtown) correctly show the lounge "closed." When I was in Chicago earlier this year I queried the front desk at both properties and was told no weekend coupons.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 5:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ohmark
Slight corrections: Atlanta Marriott Suites Midtown correctly notes "no coupons" but should add "on weekends," as comped breakfast or coupons are provided during the normal week, as there is no lounge. In Chicago the Ren properties (Blackstone and Downtown) correctly show the lounge "closed." When I was in Chicago earlier this year I queried the front desk at both properties and was told no weekend coupons.
Since the thread is re: exec lounges open or closed on weekends & if brekkie coupons are given, the ATL Stes Midtown is shown correctly & no need to add 'on weekends'.

Thanks for the update on Blackstone & downtown (which is one reason I didn't bother staying at either a couple of months ago on a weekend).

Cheers.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 8:33 pm

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Since the thread is re: exec lounges open or closed on weekends & if brekkie coupons are given, the ATL Stes Midtown is shown correctly & no need to add 'on weekends'.
Okay. You make the rules. But then I suggest that the "on weekends" be removed from the Westfield Marriott Dulles (Chantilly VA) for the reasons you stated. Just kidding. Actually, the reason that "on weekends" makes sense in both locations is that neither property has a lounge and, thus, historically, both provide coupons during the week, as opposed to most properties which have lounges and no coupons during the week. Hence, I was concerned that when the listings say no lounge and no coupons, somebody might get confused and think this means during the week, despite the thread title. I didn't think it hurt to make it explicit. If you thing otherwise, that's fine.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
* London / Marriott Chancery Court / OPEN

Needs corrected. This is a Ren not a Marriott.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 1:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ohmark
Okay. You make the rules. But then I suggest that the "on weekends" be removed from the Westfield Marriott Dulles (Chantilly VA) for the reasons you stated. Just kidding. Actually, the reason that "on weekends" makes sense in both locations is that neither property has a lounge and, thus, historically, both provide coupons during the week, as opposed to most properties which have lounges and no coupons during the week. Hence, I was concerned that when the listings say no lounge and no coupons, somebody might get confused and think this means during the week, despite the thread title. I didn't think it hurt to make it explicit. If you thing otherwise, that's fine.
Ok, you convinced me. Made the change.

Cheers.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 7:19 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, MR Silver, HH Diamond.
Quincy MA Marriott

1) Quincy MA Marriott
2) Closed
3) coupons were given but only offered when I said something about the lounge being closed
4) unknown - 2 free small bottles of water in room each day
5) unknown
6) 11/14/10
Old Nov 22, 2010, 8:09 am
Original Poster

Any new updates? Please check the list Marriott FTers & see if properties you've stayed at are listed/are accurate or add if you've stayed at one that isn't listed. Thanks.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.