Wiki Posts
Search

Best Marriott near DFW?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2021, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but the Grand Hyatt really is worth the cost for a situation like yours. It's in Terminal D right where the international arrivals let out of customs. Literally 2 minutes from customs to your bed. Awesome real restaurant with real food & beverages open late, and solid breakfast there in the morning. Gym with Pelotons on the top floor.

Also, the Marriott options in the area aren't great (and the ones that were okay haven't aged well IMO). I'd probably go with the DFW Marriott if I had to pick a Bonvoy hotel... but I doubt any of them have a free (or Plat amenity) breakfast worth eating.
Completely agree. Even the Hyatt regency is worth it with a 5 minute walk from Terminal C (and it's 12k Hyatt points vs 25k).
Old Oct 4, 2023, 5:21 pm

Sorry for bumping, but seems like you can't go in any direction without hitting any number of Marriott brands now. Is there an area that's better or worse than others? Just looking for one night before an early flight, so cheapish, free breakfast would be a plus, and quick access to the airport.
Old Oct 6, 2023, 6:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA Plat MM
Originally Posted by TripleQ
Sorry for bumping, but seems like you can't go in any direction without hitting any number of Marriott brands now. Is there an area that's better or worse than others? Just looking for one night before an early flight, so cheapish, free breakfast would be a plus, and quick access to the airport.
If cost and Bonvoy are your priorities then the Fairfield Inn DFW North is a serviceable option. However, once off airport property and relying on a shuttle my comfort level drops for an early morning flight. In those situations this Marriott regular recommends the Hyatt.
TripleQ likes this.
Old Oct 7, 2023, 5:25 pm

Programs: LTP, PP
I used to stay at a pretty soulless FS Marriott on the northside? that had a good park like area around it for jogging and a great view of the runways from the higher floors. I used to bring a radio receiver to listen to the towers and watch the action unfold and was transfixed while learning for my private pilot's license.
TripleQ likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.