Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Marriott near DFW?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2018, 2:51 pm

Programs: DL PM 2 Mil Miler, HZ PC, Marriott LT TI, AMB, Hilton Diamond
I'll bring this question up again since SPG has merged with Marriott.

I would be willing to travel a bit if it is worth it to stay away from the airport. I am not interested in FF, CY, RI, SS.

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 12:42 pm

Guess I will just pick one and hope for the best.

The Weston does not have a lounge from what I can tell.

The Marriott DFW South has an M lounge I believe, so I guess that's the one I will pick. I'll be there for a total of about 25 nights or so and on Per Diem so the lounge puts money in my pocket.

Last edited by estedman; Nov 7, 2018 at 12:42 pm Reason: Grammer
Old Nov 7, 2018, 1:38 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott Ti/LTP
See my previous comments in other threads:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30259043-post3.html
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29258347-post8.html
Old Nov 7, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by GoSh4rks
Thanks I saw those but as I said I was hoping for info post merger. Any info on other full service hotels away from the airport?
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:02 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador and LTP
The Marriott in Las Colinas is not much farther and the area is much better.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 4:09 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by estedman
I'll be there for a total of about 25 nights or so and on Per Diem so the lounge puts money in my pocket.
Eating lounge food for 25 days is a prison sentence.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
Eating lounge food for 25 days is a prison sentence.
Lol yeah not everyday, that's for sure.
Old Nov 7, 2018, 7:36 pm

Originally Posted by jjj325
The Marriott in Las Colinas is not much farther and the area is much better.
I saw that and checked it but no Gov Rate available. Thx for the input.
Old Aug 2, 2021, 4:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
I know this thread is a bit old, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new one.

If we're just spending an overnight at DFW (arrive 7:30pm, depart following morning 930am), which property would be best? Breakfast would probably be good since I'm not sure if the Admirals Club would satisfy us.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 3:20 pm

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by mahasamatman
I know this thread is a bit old, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new one.

If we're just spending an overnight at DFW (arrive 7:30pm, depart following morning 930am), which property would be best? Breakfast would probably be good since I'm not sure if the Admirals Club would satisfy us.
Bump. Which property would be recommended for a Plat overnighting at DFW? In my case, my flight out the next day isn't until late afternoon.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: Some/Most/All
Originally Posted by anabolism
Bump. Which property would be recommended for a Plat overnighting at DFW? In my case, my flight out the next day isn't until late afternoon.
My stays at the various area FS hotels are all too old to offer specific suggestions, but if it may perhaps help someone else answer the question, I'd ask what your plans are for the departure day? (ETA: Or, for arrival day, too. I was assuming a late arrival earlier.) That might help someone with specific suggestions.

A couple of general notes: The Westin Southlake appears to be open. No idea what the product -hard or soft- is like, but if you want shopping or dining, that area is hard to beat, especially if you have a vehicle or like to walk. (It's across the highway from the active area of Southlake.)

The area around Las Colinas has filled in since the post that said there was nothing around there. And that's a great area to just walk around, if you like to take a stroll. I don't think it would be hard to find a restaurant to suit you in that general area.

I stayed at the FS North, Las Colinas, and Solana (Westlake) in short order several years ago. Solana was my favorite. I like that it's slightly off the highway in the office park, which gives it a bit of a secluded vibe. FS North was the typical, bustling, soulless airport hotel. Las Colinas was just there. It needed a refresh at the time, and I don't recall it having any other redeeming qualities, but again, that area has changed.

Last edited by JBKettle; Dec 9, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by mahasamatman

Perhaps a little late since you posted back in August, given that you're back out at 9:30 am, I'd actually recommend either the Hyatt Regency DFW or the Grand Hyatt DFW so you'd not have to go far.

If you're really jonesing for a Marriott hotel that serves breakfast, there are RI, TPS, FI as well as the DFW Marriott, DFW Westin and additional similar properties in Las Colinas.

What does a Platinum want with their hotel room? What time of year/which day will you be at/around DFW? Do you want an outdoor pool? A hotel with a sit down breakfast? WRT Concierge Lounges, you'd probably have to spend the time to check both the hotels' websites as well as call properties to see if any are open.

David
Old Dec 9, 2021, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by JBKettle
My stays at the various area FS hotels are all too old to offer specific suggestions, but if it may perhaps help someone else answer the question, I'd ask what your plans are for the departure day? (ETA: Or, for arrival day, too. I was assuming a late arrival earlier.) That might help someone with specific suggestions.
Sorry, I should have been more specific. A nice breakfast is probably most important, and fast, convenient shuttle from/to DFW since we'll be arriving late and will likely be tired from an international flight. If there's a lounge with snacks or soft drinks that would be nice.

Originally Posted by DELee
What does a Platinum want with their hotel room? What time of year/which day will you be at/around DFW? Do you want an outdoor pool? A hotel with a sit down breakfast? WRT Concierge Lounges, you'd probably have to spend the time to check both the hotels' websites as well as call properties to see if any are open.
It'll be in mid-January, so we may not want to walk around the nearby areas as much as we would if it was, say, May or September. If a property had a 25-meter pool for lap swimming that would be awesome, but I doubt very much there is, so don't really care about a pool.
Old Dec 9, 2021, 8:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Sorry, I should have been more specific. A nice breakfast is probably most important, and fast, convenient shuttle from/to DFW since we'll be arriving late and will likely be tired from an international flight. If there's a lounge with snacks or soft drinks that would be nice.
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but the Grand Hyatt really is worth the cost for a situation like yours. It's in Terminal D right where the international arrivals let out of customs. Literally 2 minutes from customs to your bed. Awesome real restaurant with real food & beverages open late, and solid breakfast there in the morning. Gym with Pelotons on the top floor.

Also, the Marriott options in the area aren't great (and the ones that were okay haven't aged well IMO). I'd probably go with the DFW Marriott if I had to pick a Bonvoy hotel... but I doubt any of them have a free (or Plat amenity) breakfast worth eating.
Old Dec 10, 2021, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
I know this isn't the answer you're looking for, but the Grand Hyatt really is worth the cost for a situation like yours. It's in Terminal D right where the international arrivals let out of customs. Literally 2 minutes from customs to your bed. Awesome real restaurant with real food & beverages open late, and solid breakfast there in the morning. Gym with Pelotons on the top floor.
I've stayed there a number of times over the years. You can't beat the convenience of a hotel that's physically part of the terminal, the rooms are good-sized, staff very helpful, and the breakfast is wonderful. But I just can't justify spending what they charge (in the past I was able to find a reasonable discount or use points, and a helpful front desk agent added breakfast complimentary). I've also stayed at the Hyatt Regency, not as convenient but still a great property with a nice breakfast.

But I just made Platinum with the lower threshold this year, and am trying to keep it next year.

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Also, the Marriott options in the area aren't great (and the ones that were okay haven't aged well IMO). I'd probably go with the DFW Marriott if I had to pick a Bonvoy hotel... but I doubt any of them have a free (or Plat amenity) breakfast worth eating.
If I understand the benefits, at a non-resort Marriott I only get breakfast in the restaurant if the lounge is closed, while at a Sheraton I can choose restaurant breakfast as my welcome amenity, which would suggest the Marriott if their lounge is closed, otherwise the Sheraton.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.