Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canadian SPG American Express

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 2:15 pm

Programs: SPG
Originally Posted by bacan
I appreciate ...that Amex is working as quickly as they can to launch this card.
"Working" means doing what exactly?
Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Gold, Aeroplan
Today I couldn't find any ad for New SPG Amex - Coming in March 2010 on this Forum.
Maybe the ad is being updated to New SPG Amex – Coming in April 2010 .
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:23 am
JWL

Programs: SPG Gold
Just received word that application links will be available tomorrow - Wed March 31.

Sounds like it will be in the afternoon, so don't lose any sleep waiting until the clock ticks past midnight tonight!

Last edited by JWL; Mar 30, 2010 at 11:20 am
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:31 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy,IHG Rewards, Aeroplan
Wink

Originally Posted by JWL
I would know the date if I was.
Originally Posted by JWL
Just received word that application links will be available tomorrow - Wed March 31.

Sounds like it will be in the afternoon, so don't lose any sleep waiting until the clock ticks past midnight tonight!
Thanks JWL for the best information that can be expected from an outsider...

Last edited by Voyageur; Mar 30, 2010 at 11:51 am
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:56 am
JWL

Originally Posted by Voyageur
Thanks JWL for the best information that can be expected from an outsider...
LOL. Good one Voyageur. The PR rep has showed me a small snapshot of the "inside" a few times and I share it all with you all as quick as I can. (got scooped by Starwood Lurker last time!).
Old Mar 30, 2010, 11:59 am

Excellent! ^

Thanks for the update.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by JWL

Any explanations why it took them for so long? Any new details for the card itself?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 1:53 pm
JWL

Originally Posted by Vasyl
Any explanations why it took them for so long? Any new details for the card itself?
As I already noted above I post everything I know on the subject.

As to why it "took so long", I don't know their specifics but if I really thought you were interested in learning about all the steps, decisions and resource that are required to do something like Amex/SPG has done (develop, implement and introduce a new product) I'd share what I know from working in a similar industry. It is tough to imagine it all if you haven't been involved in it before.

Last edited by JWL; Mar 30, 2010 at 2:56 pm
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:34 pm

Originally Posted by JWL
As I already noted above I post everything I know on the subject.

As to why it "took so long", if I really thought you were interested in learning about all the steps, decisions and resource that are required to do something like Amex/SPG has done (develop, implement and introduce a new product) I'd share what I know from working in a similar industry. It is tough to imagine it all if you haven't been involved in it before.
I spoke with the business analyst at Amex who made her recommendations for this card. She did not reveal a lot of details but my reaction to this new card prevented me to be invited for the diner you had. She used the same arguments you are using about Canadian market and competition with the similar travel cards in Canada. The implementation of the card is a complicated, cumbersome and painstaking process, but Amex had 6 months to do their job. I have been told (no exact details given) that the majority of the issues were resolved by the first week of February. Why they waited for so long, this is the main question for me.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:38 pm
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
I spoke with the business analyst at Amex who made her recommendations for this card. She did not reveal a lot of details but my reaction to this new card prevented me to be invited for the diner you had. She used the same arguments you are using about Canadian market and competition with the similar travel cards in Canada. The implementation of the card is a complicated, cumbersome and painstaking process, but Amex had 6 months to do their job. I have been told (no exact details given) that the majority of the issues were resolved by the first week of February. Why they waited for so long, this is the main question for me.
I think if you go back and discuss this with your business analyst contact at AMEX, she will tell you that AMEX has never launched a credit card as quickly as they did this one. Just some perspective.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
Old Mar 30, 2010, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker
I think if you go back and discuss this with your business analyst contact at AMEX, she will tell you that AMEX has never launched a credit card as quickly as they did this one. Just some perspective.

Best regards,

William R. Sanders
Online Guest Feedback Coordinator
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide

[email protected]
I see no point to argue as tomorrow everything will be over. However, I know how long it took to implement the Canadian Centurion with concierge and with all the bells and whistles. Besides, I was not invited to the said dinner and thus I am not in the mood to speak with her again soon.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:04 pm
JWL

I see no point to argue as tomorrow everything will be over.
Agreed that there is no point. So why did you start and then continue?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:43 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion,FPC Plat,SPG Gold,HH Diam, PC Royal Ambas.Plat,Avis Presidents Club.,Hertz#1,MLLWorld
I just got off the line with Amex Centurion and they said the SPG card had a scheduled launch for March 31st but was now delayed - all the info he had. He may be wrong or right, but thats an update from what I heard just now. Cheers
Old Mar 30, 2010, 4:53 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy,IHG Rewards, Aeroplan
Thumbs up Application page is live now

Application available here

1st year free but $50 per additional card

I've just completed my own application, thanks to the yearly fee waiver. Let's see if it's worth renewing a year from now.

Last edited by Voyageur; Mar 30, 2010 at 5:03 pm
Old Mar 30, 2010, 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Voyageur
Application available here

1st year free but $50 per additional card
But no email. Maybe there will be a special offer for "old" SPG members? 11K SPG?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.