Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, VA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2022, 11:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by DCFlyer0306
I was pointing out the IAD Metro station and silver line extension are now open and you can walk there from the shuttle if you want to.
Finally. I had been waiting for this for years. Makes it so much easier to get to the IAD area hotels from DC.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 12:04 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Stayed at this dump recently for one night as I had a flight the next day. I'm not making that mistake again. the rooms were ... dated (to put it politely - I'd say mid-1980s), the staff, while nice enough, apparently had never worked in any customer-facing positions, and the less said about the "breakfast buffet" the better (I'm pretty sure they just plowed up rubbish from the parking lot and emptied it into various chafing dishes).
Old Aug 2, 2023, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Any recent reports here? Last 2 reviews are diametrically opposite. Haha

Looking for a 12 hour overnight 8PM to 8AM

Westin is $50 less than the Marriot (or 7,000 point cheaper)
Old Aug 4, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold Marriott Gold AA Gold Choice Gold Wyndham PLAT IHG PLAT Avis President's Club Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by goodeats21
Any recent reports here? Last 2 reviews are diametrically opposite. Haha

Looking for a 12 hour overnight 8PM to 8AM

Westin is $50 less than the Marriot (or 7,000 point cheaper)
I looked at the Westin for my stay last night for my early morning flight to St Thomas today but snagged the Airport Marriott and was pleased to learn about the free parking after checkout. Lucked out there.

General question, what is the parking situation like after checkout if only staying one night?
Old Aug 5, 2023, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by jimrpa
the rooms were ... dated (to put it politely - I'd say mid-1980s)
The hotel opened in 2009, I'm not sure how dated the rooms could be. Maybe they're just poorly maintained.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2023, 6:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by Longboater
I looked at the Westin for my stay last night for my early morning flight to St Thomas today but snagged the Airport Marriott and was pleased to learn about the free parking after checkout. Lucked out there.

General question, what is the parking situation like after checkout if only staying one night?
Thanks. The Marriott is 8,000 more points than the Westin, which didn't seem worth it.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 11:25 am

Have spent a number of nights at this property and the rooms struck me as neither dated nor poorly maintained - rather, they were in fact pretty much exactly the same as most other business-travel-location Westins. I have always had good stays here. Not earthshatteringly amazing, but perfectly good stays.
Old Aug 19, 2023, 11:13 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by James Luckard
The hotel opened in 2009, I'm not sure how dated the rooms could be. Maybe they're just poorly maintained.
2009?! I honestly would have guessed early 1990s at the latest, based on room decor and general hotel decor. Anyway, I doubt I'll be staying at that particular Marriott property again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.