Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, VA [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Westin Washington Dulles Airport, VA [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:29 pm

Programs: UA 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium
Anyone have email info for this hotel? It's been almost 4 weeks and I still haven't gotten my make a green choice points despite having called 4 times and each time having someone say they'll "put it in" for me.
Old Jul 27, 2013, 6:35 am

Programs: SPG Plat, etc.
Hotel Closed 7/28... Opens 7/29 w/No Water till Evening

SPECIAL CONDITIONS
Hotel Closure July 28 / No Water Available July 28 & 29
On July 28, 2013, due to a major hot water repair, the hotel will be closed. Additionally, while guests may check-in on Monday, July 29 after 3pm, the hotel will have no access to water until later that evening. Please contact the hotel for further information.

I happen to be checking in on 7/29. Just noticed this message by chance under the Special Conditions tab that's on every Starwood site. I would think that the hotel would notify guests of this situation before they arrived so they knew what was up BEFORE arrival.

Last edited by Travel Pro; Jul 29, 2013 at 4:13 am
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
My family and I stayed here for a night after an evening arrival from IST - too late to try another 4 hours in the car.

$99 for 2 queen beds, 16 nights of parking (the rate included 14, they allowed me to stretch it) and two coupons for the $15 breakfast buffet. A very good deal and a very nice hotel. The rooms were quite nice - Westin quality, not fake, airport-Westin quality, and the staff were great.

Highly recommended for park-and-fly from Dulles.
Old Jun 23, 2014, 10:10 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Amex Plat., BW Diamond
Stayed here in April for two 1-night stays. They offer a convenient hotel shuttle to-and-from Dulles (which you can also daisy-chain with a shuttle from Dulles to the Udvar-Hazy Air Museum). The rooms were very Westin-like and well appointed overall; they were pristinely clean. The front desk staff was extremely friendly. I didn't get a room upgrade (I'm only SPG Gold), but I was in a nice room on the 7th floor; I've read that the 8th (top) floor is for SPG Plat/Suites but doesn't have any executive lounge. There is tons of parking. The WiFi was free and had decent speed. And they welcomed me on my first stay there with a nice sliced fruit platter and sparkling water set up in the room: very nice touch!
Old Oct 15, 2014, 12:26 am

I'm looking to stay here for one night and subsequently use it for 12 nights of parking for a trip. When looking at rates, there is a room for $88 but also a parking package room for $200. Does that mean that the additional days of parking do not come with the normal room booking and I have to book the parking package room?

Thanks
Old Mar 8, 2015, 12:29 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, UA, AA, DL, BA, CX
Originally Posted by utl567
I'm looking to stay here for one night and subsequently use it for 12 nights of parking for a trip. When looking at rates, there is a room for $88 but also a parking package room for $200. Does that mean that the additional days of parking do not come with the normal room booking and I have to book the parking package room?

Thanks
I had the same question and called. They said either book the package or pay $10 per day for parking. I was trying to use the parking that I would have paid and spend one night here for my morning flight. With this kind of parking rate, I'm not going to bother with it.

By the way, The Westin at Baltimore Airport is $22 fixed rate for parking up to 10 days and they can stretch a bit.

Last edited by ycc777; Mar 8, 2015 at 12:35 pm
Old Jun 19, 2015, 5:27 pm

Airport Shuttle from IAD airport to hotel

Has anyone stayed here recently?

I stayed at the Sheraton Herndon last time and the shuttle took forever to get to the airport for pickup.

I'm looking at staying at the Westin this time because it looked like there were set times the shuttle leaves from the airport - so it would seem it's just circling from hotel pickups/dropoffs no matter what - like a regular bus route.

On the hotel website http://www.westindulles.com/hotel-directions it shows:

From Dulles International Airport: Pickup is from Arrival Curb 2A and 2H (near ground transportation) on the :15 & :45 of each hour on the lower level outside baggage claim. Guest should verify they are boarding the Westin Washington Dulles Shuttle, there are other Westin properties in the area. Please call hotel at 703-793-3366 to confirm a pickup.

But on the starwood hotels website it specifically asks you to call in to the hotel to arrange a pickup:
http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=3103

From Dulles International Airport, please contact the hotel at (703)793-3366 to arrange pickup. There is no courtesy phone bank at this airport. Pickup is from Arrival Curve 2H on the lower level outside baggage claim. Guest should verify they are boarding the Dulles Westin Shuttle, not Westin Reston Shuttle.

If someone can confirm whether a phone call is absolutely required or not that would be great.

I don't have a working US cell phone right now and I don't remember seeing pay phones at the baggage area of the arrivals hall.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 12:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
checked out of a 2 night brg stay here a couple of weeks ago....my points for the stay finally posted today after a bunch of follow ups but there seem to be some slight discrepancies....

my brg rate was $55.17 per night for 2 nights....that comes to $110.34....there is a 6% tourism tax & a 6% state tax....that makes the final rate $123.58 all in....

the day i checked out of the property i received an email with my folio where they charged me $2.24 for the stay....a few days later they charged another $123.58....when the points finally posted, it was 196 points for the stay portion which means they gave me points for spends amounting to only $98 instead of $110....

so it seems that they have charged me an extra $2.24 for some apparent reason & given me 28 points less (including stay & bonus points)....

its a small amount but still strange....would do people here suggest????should i bother following up or just let it pass????
Old Sep 14, 2016, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
checked out of a 2 night brg stay here a couple of weeks ago....my points for the stay finally posted today after a bunch of follow ups but there seem to be some slight discrepancies....

my brg rate was $55.17 per night for 2 nights....that comes to $110.34....there is a 6% tourism tax & a 6% state tax....that makes the final rate $123.58 all in....

the day i checked out of the property i received an email with my folio where they charged me $2.24 for the stay....a few days later they charged another $123.58....when the points finally posted, it was 196 points for the stay portion which means they gave me points for spends amounting to only $98 instead of $110....

so it seems that they have charged me an extra $2.24 for some apparent reason & given me 28 points less (including stay & bonus points)....

its a small amount but still strange....would do people here suggest????should i bother following up or just let it pass????

A follow up is in order for the extra $2 and also not posting points on the $110 if you feel it's worth your time/effort.

By the way what was your BRG site? that's a good rate!
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by andylogan
By the way what was your BRG site? that's a good rate!
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/starw...-brg-tool.html
Old Sep 14, 2016, 11:16 am

okay thanks - I've tried that already for my dates but no dice. Thanks anyways!
Hope your BRG stuff works out!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 9:28 am

Programs: SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, IHG Plat, Hertz PC
VIP guest at Westin Dulles

During my stay, apparently there was a "VIP" guest using the Westin Dulles Airport Monday October 3rd that required Secret Service and heavy police presence. They said it was "one of the candidates" but no name was mentioned. Does anyone know anything about this or who it might have been?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 10:01 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum | Hilton Diamond | Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cubigbird
During my stay, apparently there was a "VIP" guest using the Westin Dulles Airport Monday October 3rd that required Secret Service and heavy police presence. They said it was "one of the candidates" but no name was mentioned. Does anyone know anything about this or who it might have been?
Donald Trump was in Loudoun County at the time. He might have been staying there then.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:44 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Any recent experiences with getting a shuttle pickup at nighttime? My inbound arrives around midnight.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 5:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Stayed here the other night, so wanted to post a mini-review in case folks were looking for recent experience/information . . .

Shuttle runs every half hour (from hotel) on the 00/30 from roughly 5AM to midnight, wee hours needs are available by request, otherwise no need to call. Range of three miles anywhere you wanna go, not just IAD itself. My experience both ways was very good.

Check-in was fine. No upgrade, but I was staying on points and a lot of elite regulars. Was set up for points amenity automatically, because internet and breakfast are already included for Platinum guests (I believe Gold gets a free drink). Coupon says Continental Breakfast, but you can have all the "hot" food you want. Only thing I found a bit . . . offputting was a bill presented with the amount heavily scratched out, and the tip line circled as a not-so-subtle hint. I wrote ZERO as charges, leaving a cash tip.

Nice place, as long as you don't expect an upgrade (at least on a work night).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.