Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by mybagfits
Ok-thx for that reference link on lifetime status-

but from what I can see unlike US Air or United, AA is only one that counts miles from all sources?
Correct. And tom911 is correct about being able to get Gold for one million, but incorrect about not being able to get platinum. You can get it for two million.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 10:58 am

Hello,
New user here. Saw the story on the WSJ. I called every one of my credit card issuers (all 11 of them) and asked them if purchasing coins from the US Mint would be categorized as a purchase or a cash equivilant or a cash advance and every one of them said it would not be a purchase. Three of the issuers transferred me to supervisors who said they had received a memo concerning these transactions and have changed the coding. Oh well. I guess I missed out.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:01 am

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by aviators99
Correct. And tom911 is correct about being able to get Gold for one million, but incorrect about not being able to get platinum. You can get it for two million.
No, Tom was right. "Lifetime gold status, the lowest elite tier, is awarded when you have 1MM from any source in your AA account, not Executive Platinum. There is no lifetime status for that level."

You cannot get executive platinum status by lifetime miles. 3 levels at AA: Gold, PLT, ExPLT
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by tkelvin69
No, Tom was right. "Lifetime gold status, the lowest elite tier, is awarded when you have 1MM from any source in your AA account, not Executive Platinum. There is no lifetime status for that level."

You cannot get executive platinum status by lifetime miles. 3 levels at AA: Gold, PLT, ExPLT
Correct. Sorry, I thought we were talking about PLT, since that is what you get for 2MM. Looking back, the question references ExPLT.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by mybagfits
So essentially you are saying that once one spends or flies 1million miles($$) ...
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...mber-info.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ere-first.html
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:24 am

Programs: UA-1k, 1mm, Marriott-LT Platinum, Hertz-Presidents Circle
All good things come to an end.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by mrjojojojo
Hello,
New user here. Saw the story on the WSJ. I called every one of my credit card issuers (all 11 of them) and asked them if purchasing coins from the US Mint would be categorized as a purchase or a cash equivilant or a cash advance and every one of them said it would not be a purchase. Three of the issuers transferred me to supervisors who said they had received a memo concerning these transactions and have changed the coding. Oh well. I guess I missed out.
Can you share the names of the three issuers who said they received these memos? Thanks.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:54 am

Hello,
Originally Posted by flytoeat
Can you share the names of the three issuers who said they received these memos? Thanks.
Was it Chase, Discover, Amex, Citibank . . . I am having trouble coming up with 11. Since you posted the exact thing on FW after registering there (just like here), love to see or hear specifics.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:59 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Hello,

Well, I did not consider the deal dead yet, even with the media attention, and was hoping for 2010 NAs.... but with people "CALLING CREDIIT CARD COMPANIES" (11 of them yet!!!), it should seal the fate of this program.

Or translate the post as :
"I'm new to FlyerTalk and I don't know anything about this deal, but instead of reading the thread and gleaning knowledge from those who went before me, I'll CALL 11 CREDIT CARD COMPANIES and try to ruin the deal even more than the WSJ article did!"
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Calls 11 credit card companies and then makes a first post?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:03 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Something about the writing style in the referenced post seems familiar.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, Piper Dakota, Admirals Club, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Gold, Wyndham Diamond
Calls 11 credit card companies and then makes a first post? I don't think so.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, MR titanium
Originally Posted by 236Dakota
Think of the other 1,000's of people calling 11 CC companies and dont post here.
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moondog
Something about the writing style in the referenced post seems familiar.
you are being too cryptic... @:-)
Old Dec 8, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
The collective FlyerTalk I.Q. has decreased from this article!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.