Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
I just placed an order for $2500 with Travelocity Mastercard which is Barclay's, So I will volunteer to be the lab rat for this company for the charge. I will update the status of the charge as soon as it posts. Shipping date will be 12/18 so if we can get someone to volunteer for each company we can figure this out. Who will step up for Citi, Amex, Chase, ect?

JudyJFLA
In coin withdrawal
I will be the Lab Rat for Citi Mastercard.

Now, I heard that lab rats get cheese, don't they? I need and lots of it

Last edited by zoonil; Dec 3, 2009 at 3:17 pm
Old Dec 3, 2009, 3:59 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
The orders I placed on 11/24 were $2K worth on Chase (BA Visa Platinum).
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by mrpickles
Small orders are delivered by USPS and you do not have any method to track the shipment. Is this wise to do at Christmas time?
You can order 2 (or more) boxes at a time (minimum $500 worth) - those ship with UPS. Next Day Air or whatever it is.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by mikeef
Andrew Jackson and John Adams now 12/10, the others still 12/18.

Mike
is that what you're getting when you track your orders? when did you place the ones for AJ and JA? When I check a few hours ago, those were also est. 12/18 (ordered 11/24).
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:28 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
So can you order Pres coins, and they'll jsut go into back-order immediatel? Or can you not order them until they're available? Thanks!
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:31 pm

Ah, excellent:

Originally Posted by Excerpt
WASHINGTON - The United States Mint today announced the new design that Americans will see on the reverse (tails side) of Native American $1 Coins next year. The design, based on the theme "Government - The Great Tree of Peace," depicts the Hiawatha Belt with five arrows bound together, with the inscriptions UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, $1, Haudenosaunee and Great Law of Peace. The United States Mint will commence issuing these coins in January 2010, and they will be available throughout 2010.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rc408
My order is on the US Bank FlexPerks card (Old NWA Visa). Unfortunately the points don't post until the statement is closed so it will be a while before I have a definitive answer.
I used this CC as well and my Washingtons came thru with Flying Colors ^

Only that was before The Mint changed things but hopefully they will leave the old orders as they were,time will tell.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:52 pm
Suspended

Small orders are delivered by USPS and you do not have any method to track the shipment. Is this wise to do at Christmas time?
my Washingtons 2 boxes came UPS just as the Big old ones did, with Signature required
Old Dec 3, 2009, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by craz
I used this CC as well and my Washingtons came thru with Flying Colors ^

Only that was before The Mint changed things but hopefully they will leave the old orders as they were,time will tell.
Yeah, hopefully

Last edited by Mr. Bean; Dec 3, 2009 at 6:16 pm
Old Dec 3, 2009, 7:34 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by Mr. Bean
You can order 2 (or more) boxes at a time (minimum $500 worth) - those ship with UPS. Next Day Air or whatever it is.
The poster suggested using "one" $200 e-certificate to place an order which will result in an order smaller than the $500 minimum for free shipping.

OT: Don't get your hopes up on this program continuing as it was in the past.

Our flyertalker "friends" on the Starmega DO caught the ear of the WSJ reporter, Scott McCartney on board the flight and he is running a MAJOR article in the next few days on the crazy things flyertalker's do to get frequent flyer miles. My speculation is the it is timely with the release of the UP IN THE AIR movie.

His last article on the StarMedga Do was very friendly toward flyertalkers, as all of his articles have been, but you never know how the readers tale all of this when they 1) don't understand or appreciate frequent flyer miles, or 2) are drowning in a recession.

He contacted me with questions and I only told him what I have already posted in the past. There WILL be a large part of the article devoted to the coin program. I have no problems discussing my participation as all of it is perfectly legal and I have nothing to be ashamed of.

I suspect the article will run within the next 7 days.

Last edited by mrpickles; Dec 3, 2009 at 7:40 pm
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:30 pm

The poster suggested using "one" $200 e-certificate to place an order which will result in an order smaller than the $500 minimum for free shipping.
Sorry if that wasn't clear. I was suggesting placing one order for e-gift certificates. That order would be for 25 certificates @ $200 each. It seems (I have not done it yet) the $4.95 fee applies only once for that one order. Total is $5004.95 for $5000 worth of e-gift certificates.

Then, I would place one order for 20 boxes @ $250 per box of coins for a total of $5000. That means free shipping and proper tracking of the order.

Since most of the items the US Mint sells is for colletors, I don't think they can treat the purchase of e-gift certificates as a cash advance.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:36 pm

OT: Don't get your hopes up on this program continuing as it was in the past.

Our flyertalker "friends" on the Starmega DO caught the ear of the WSJ reporter, Scott McCartney on board the flight and he is running a MAJOR article in the next few days on the crazy things flyertalker's do to get frequent flyer miles. My speculation is the it is timely with the release of the UP IN THE AIR movie.

His last article on the StarMedga Do was very friendly toward flyertalkers, as all of his articles have been, but you never know how the readers tale all of this when they 1) don't understand or appreciate frequent flyer miles, or 2) are drowning in a recession.

He contacted me with questions and I only told him what I have already posted in the past. There WILL be a large part of the article devoted to the coin program. I have no problems discussing my participation as all of it is perfectly legal and I have nothing to be ashamed of.

I suspect the article will run within the next 7 days.
I hope you explained to the reporter why the gov't doesn't lose money on this deal?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 9:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Scooby3597
Then, I would place one order for 20 boxes @ $250 per box of coins for a total of $5000. That means free shipping and proper tracking of the order.
Earlier posts indicated only one certificate can be used for EACH order. Have you successfully used more than one certificate for one order?
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:16 pm

Friends don't let friends keep bragging about what they've got from this.... so they can KEEP THE PROGRAM GOING.
Old Dec 3, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: UAL 1MM, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist, AA 3MM
Originally Posted by aviators99
I hope you explained to the reporter why the gov't doesn't lose money on this deal?
I never "spoke" with him. Only sent a pdf of my last post about my last deposit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.