Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2009, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold & Marriott Gold
I have had several orders that were split due to size and they were shipped with the same tracking number. Most of the time they arrived on the same day and the 2nd box always showed within 1-2 days. I wouldn't worry until the 4th delivery day. The one tracking number does not prove they only shipped one box, it means you have one tracking number you can see on the Mint's website.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 8:17 pm
LLM
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebat
No, there is only one tracking number. That is actually good, because it means they only shipped one box. The order requires two boxes. I'm wondering now if I should mail the CSR form. After reading your post, I'm thinking the second box will appear. If I send the complaint form, and the second box arrives, it will be a real cluster****.
I guess you really never get something for nothing.
So how long since the first box showed up? I agree with the above post, wait at least four days before you send in the form.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 9:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG 100K, IHG Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by thebat
No, there is only one tracking number. That is actually good, because it means they only shipped one box. The order requires two boxes. I'm wondering now if I should mail the CSR form. After reading your post, I'm thinking the second box will appear. If I send the complaint form, and the second box arrives, it will be a real cluster****.
I guess you really never get something for nothing.
One of my recent orders for $5K only showed one tracking number/one box on the Mint's website. I called when I received the first box and not the second box. I was told the second box was on its way, and I was given a second tracking number on the phone. The following day the second box showed up, but the tracking number never did.

So I would wait a little longer for the second box to come. You may ask the Mint if there is a second box and a second tracking number for it.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 10:29 pm

Programs: Delta TDK(or care)WIA, Hilton Diamond
Did you click on the tracking number and then click "Show Packages in this Shipment" on the UPS page? I've got a 2-box order inbound and when you do that it shows both tracking numbers and you can track the progress of each box.
Old Jul 22, 2009, 11:01 pm

I've kept my orders to a maximum of $2500 to avoid this problem and to ensure that I get the tracking number.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by buschoi
One of my recent orders for $5K only showed one tracking number/one box on the Mint's website. I called when I received the first box and not the second box. I was told the second box was on its way, and I was given a second tracking number on the phone. The following day the second box showed up, but the tracking number never did.

So I would wait a little longer for the second box to come. You may ask the Mint if there is a second box and a second tracking number for it.
This just happened to me as well. The 2nd box showed up just fine the next day but had me a bit worried.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 1:37 pm

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
OK

The second box showed up today. I didn't mail the form because of the previous posts. Thanks everybody.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:37 pm

Programs: Starwood
IRS Question

Assuming this deal goes on for a while, somebody who purchases $5,000 a week would accumulate over $250,000 over the course of a year. Even if the deposits are for less than $10,000 at a time would the total cash deposit ($250,000) over the course of a year automatically raise red flags to the IRS?
Old Jul 23, 2009, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by longtimereader
Assuming this deal goes on for a while, somebody who purchases $5,000 a week would accumulate over $250,000 over the course of a year. Even if the deposits are for less than $10,000 at a time would the total cash deposit ($250,000) over the course of a year automatically raise red flags to the IRS?
No. Since your deposits are all less than $10,000 each there would be no CTR's or SAR forms completed. Therefore the IRS would have no way of knowing your deposits. Also, the IRS does not know where you bank and has no way in finding out. That is unless you send them a check or receive interest on an account. I won't go into the area of "unless they are looking at you for other reasons, i.e. collection or an audit".
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:24 pm

Originally Posted by gejone
No. Since your deposits are all less than $10,000 each there would be no CTR's or SAR forms completed.
I don't think the banks are allowed to tell you if they are filing a SAR on you, and it's a possibility that one would be filed with a pattern of deposits. That's why it might be a bad idea to lie/evade questions about the source of the coins, since that could be considered suspicious.

Last edited by Lyrrad; Jul 23, 2009 at 8:49 pm
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:42 pm

I think the FBI should investigate Bank of America as I was told they put out a memo that they were getting fake Native Americans. I think Bank of America knows the coins are real they just do not want them.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA 1mm, Starwood gd, BA, Delta, Cont, United, US air
I had an order about 6 weeks ago that was short 1 box and sent in the form shortly after. After calling in about 4 times it is yet to be resolved. How have others fared on getting short orders resolved. rbc100
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:00 pm

Programs: Too many to list. Status is a half dozen.
I searched the thread for order status of "suspended" - found one a year ago but didn't see resolution.

I placed an order today for $750 NA on my Amex - I got a text only page on submitting that said "False" and something or other. My recent orders shows an order from 7/23 in suspended state. Would this simply be because the NA coins are backordered?

I will give it up to a week for the status to change. At this point no authorization against my card has been made.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.113 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Originally Posted by gejone
Originally Posted by longtimereader
No. Since your deposits are all less than $10,000 each there would be no CTR's or SAR forms completed. Therefore the IRS would have no way of knowing your deposits. Also, the IRS does not know where you bank and has no way in finding out. That is unless you send them a check or receive interest on an account. I won't go into the area of "unless they are looking at you for other reasons, i.e. collection or an audit".
Definitely not true.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by troyb
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.113 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Definitely not true.
troyb

In your opinion, what is not true? I will agree that the $10,000 limit does not apply to SAR's. Believe it or not, the IRS doesn't know everything about your financial dealings, to include where you bank.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.