Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:47 am

Programs: *A Silver, AA Gold + Miles Scattered Everywhere.
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets
Jump on it right now! I just checked the site and the NA coins are once again showing availability. I had already bought 2 boxes and just completed an order for 18 more. Typically these sporadic periods of availability do not last long.
im really tempted to buy another 500 after i put in an order yesterday for 500 of the Presidential ones. but im trying to strategize the best way to maximize this deal. since i havent done this before i need my first order to arrive to find out if my bank will take all of these coins so i can use it to pay for my tuition
Old Mar 17, 2009, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Jump on it right now! I just checked the site and the NA coins are once again showing availability. I had already bought 2 boxes and just completed an order for 18 more. Typically these sporadic periods of availability do not last long.
Originally Posted by primusux
Crap, I went in, everything said available until I hit place order and now I only have a charge for 4.95 for shipping, no coins. What the crap....
Only shows available on the main page. Under Availability column in the order detail page, it said Not Available! This must have happened to you, primusux!

I am glad I read the detail page before proceed further. Otherwise it would end up with the shipping charge only.

Must read the detail page before you proceed!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 12:04 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
I put my roder for 18 boxes, everything seems ok until I submit the order--it says not available
Old Mar 17, 2009, 8:36 pm

Just got a notification from them that my order of 7 NA boxes from 2/21 was shipped today. They're slowly working their way down the list.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks for the heads up... Ordered 2 boxes orig on the NA and am almost out of them... so glad its open again.

I'm in for 6 boxes tonight

However, my charges showed up as very odd...
Code:
Product Name  	 Quantity   	 Price (each)  	 Total  	 Availability  	 Gift Box   	 Product Ship Date
2009 Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls – Native American – Agriculture (N01)
	6 	$250.00 	$1,500.00 	In Stock 	N 	2009-04-01
Subtotal (w/o Shipping & Handling)  	$1,500.00 	
Shipping & Handling (includes any Gift Box charges) 	$0.00 	

Total Order  	$500.00
Glad I wasn't charged for S&H and I'm sure I'll pay for the other 1K upon shipping...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:40 pm

When are new presidents going to release?
Old Mar 17, 2009, 9:41 pm

Monroe has not been available since August, when will he be back?
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:53 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HHonors Diamond
NA coins are available again. No telling how long they will last this time.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 12:45 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA ExPlt, Diamond HH, HY, BW, & Titanium Elite Marriott
Originally Posted by deant
NA coins are available again. No telling how long they will last this time.
Yes, and I ordered them and then received an email saying they are unavailable now. But they were courteous enough to show that $4.95 charge.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 1:11 pm

Programs: UA, Marriott, WN
Originally Posted by EasternTraveler
Yes, and I ordered them and then received an email saying they are unavailable now. But they were courteous enough to show that $4.95 charge.
I would say lets not try to have too many people do this, but, if you ordered them today or yesterday and only got charged the shipping your order will not be fixed.
I just called and was told they're having a problem with those coins on the website and when you give them your order number it shows your order as closed/completed. So the nice woman on the phone looked them up and saw they are actually available, so she re-placed the order for me on the phone. She confirmed all the info and even sent a confirmation email.
Took 15 min of hold time but glad I did call.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 11:44 pm

Programs: WN,UA,AA,
The NA is up again as of 10:43pm PDT
Old Mar 19, 2009, 7:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
I'm surprised how easy to order these coins once an account is set up; this is a government entity we are talking about.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 8:35 am

Programs: UA MP, DL SkyMiles
Originally Posted by icurhere2
I'm surprised how easy to order these coins once an account is set up; this is a government entity we are talking about.
:-) and getting the mint to ship out orders promptly is a whole different ball game. My very first order - still waiting for my order status from March 2 to change from "On Hold". A few calls haven't been able to get anything resolved.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:21 am
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

[QUOTE=compuser1973;11438584getting the mint to ship out orders promptly is a whole different ball game.[/QUOTE]

I have an order from 2/26 that's still on hold. I called and they verified all of my info and she put me on hold for ~5 minutes. She came back and told me that everything was fine with the order and to wait ANOTHER WEEK! It's already been 3 when they claim 1-2 weeks.

I now have about 15k in outstanding orders with them...
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by compuser1973
:-) and getting the mint to ship out orders promptly is a whole different ball game. My very first order - still waiting for my order status from March 2 to change from "On Hold". A few calls haven't been able to get anything resolved.
Placing and receiving the order are two entirely different balls of wax; I just created an account to get around the "unable to check order progress" issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.