Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, HH.
With only few dollar coin offers left, any idea if the program is being phased out?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
completely insane how big this thread has gotten. Everything has been hashed over hundreds of times. i wonder if its growth is why the mint has like no coins. I think the program is still going to go on but right now it's slowwwwwwwww
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Today UPS delivered 3 boxes to a neighboring business by mistake. We are a medical office and they are a mega health club. They opened 1 box. They did not even bother to call us or walk down to let us know. I did not discover this until 6 hours after the delivery. I sent an employee down and luckily he returned with the coins.

This could have been a major hassle ! I am irate. I called a complaint into UPS (it was not our usual driver) ... and whatever happened to people being good neighbors ? Grrrrrrrr......
Old Jun 14, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
completely insane how big this thread has gotten. Everything has been hashed over hundreds of times. i wonder if its growth is why the mint has like no coins. I think the program is still going to go on but right now it's slowwwwwwwww
Slowwwwww??? Placed an order on 6/9 shipped today 6/14, even though it showed BO until 6/22 when I placed the order.

Cheers!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by ejs621
Slowwwwww??? Placed an order on 6/9 shipped today 6/14, even though it showed BO until 6/22 when I placed the order.

Cheers!
I can beat that - ordered yesterday (6/13) at 12:30 pm and shipped today (6/14).
Old Jun 14, 2011, 5:19 pm

Programs: AA Advantage Platinum, United 1K, Marriott Rewards Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by PatMike
I can beat that - ordered yesterday (6/13) at 12:30 pm and shipped today (6/14).
Wow!! I guess you did!

Cheers!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 7:31 pm

Wow, that's lightning quick!
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Tit, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold, Carlson Gold, UA*S,
Today UPS delivered 3 boxes to a neighboring business by mistake. We are a medical office and they are a mega health club. They opened 1 box. They did not even bother to call us or walk down to let us know. I did not discover this until 6 hours after the delivery. I sent an employee down and luckily he returned with the coins.

This could have been a major hassle ! I am irate. I called a complaint into UPS (it was not our usual driver) ... and whatever happened to people being good neighbors ? Grrrrrrrr......

You may well ask.

I am in a dispute with the mint.

After $150k over two years, $1k went missing in March.

UPS say it was delivered. It was never signed for by my doorman... or maybe it was. Who knows?

Maybe it was labelled by my doorman incorrectly and went to someone elses apt who are only too happy to have an extra $1k land in their lap.

EIther way, I'm $1k short... I filed a police report. Nothing they could do.

Now I've disputed it on my credit card.

The money is back whilst the CC carry out their own investigation.

Meanwhile, the Mint have now sent me a "payment request" for asking for the money!

Errr... I don't think so!

My final option is to sue the buiding as it is in effect UPS's word against the building.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 9:23 pm
xp0

Yes -- I just received a lot of shipping confirmations. Ranging from orders placed last week, to ones placed last night. Now they are on BO until 6/29.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:15 pm

Has anyone figured out how the mint enforces the 10 day limit?

IE can I use two separate CCs and two separate PO boxes every 10 days or is it linked by name or something? Whats keeping people from using 5 different CCs and 5 PO boxes from just ordering all the time?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by Tronic
Has anyone figured out how the mint enforces the 10 day limit?

IE can I use two separate CCs and two separate PO boxes every 10 days or is it linked by name or something? Whats keeping people from using 5 different CCs and 5 PO boxes from just ordering all the time?
why five separate PO boxes? Same address.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:18 am

Programs: Dime con quien andas,y te dire quien eres
Originally Posted by Johnny Rocket
Maybe it was labelled by my doorman incorrectly and went to someone elses apt who are only too happy to have an extra $1k land in their lap.
Well Johnny, I blame Mr. French.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 4:53 am

Programs: AAdvantage, MIleagePlus, Skywards
Originally Posted by xp0
Yes -- I just received a lot of shipping confirmations. Ranging from orders placed last week, to ones placed last night. Now they are on BO until 6/29.
What coins are you ordering? I try to order whichever seems to be moving, but nothing that quick for me.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
I can say that for now, my wrapper 'death by fire' method 1 has not produced optimal results.

I was cooking at 450 and left one roll of coins in the oven for an hour.

All it did was brown the roll and make it more brittle. The coins at either end look rainbowed.

One could toss this into a real fire but I suppose ashes would be an issue too.

The 'death by water' method seems better.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
I wonder if the days of Coin ordering are numbered. I suspect we have less days ahead than we had in the past.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.