Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ed765
USB Buxx

(NOTE: stopped taking new applications ~mid February 2014 through the official link.
Current users can still add new cards.)

• Initial purchase fee: $15 + $2.50 load fee
  • Load fee: $2.50 per load, $517.50 max load per transaction ($520 charge to card)
  • Max load per day: $2,000 per CC
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $2,000 per card, but $5k per CC (if you have multiple teen cards.)
    NOTE: The rolling 30 days is also time sensitive. For example, if you loaded on 9/1 at 2 PM local time and try to load on 10/1 at 12 PM local time, it will NOT work. You must load on 10/1 at 2 PM or later.
  • Max value at any time: $2,000
  • Max ATM withdraw: $200, max 3 ATM per day ($600 total). No fee at US Bank ATMs. Other 'Plus' or Visa ATM $1.50 + ATM fee.
  • You may only add/edit two new credit/debit payment methods every 24 hours, three every 30 days and 5 every 180 days.

Also - Answer ALL the identification questions in your profile (not JUST three or four) USBuxx will sometimes ask you one of the questions, if you use the account on a new computer. HOWEVER - they are more than happy to ask you an unanswered question - talk about BROKEN! So, answer ALL the questions so that when you are prompted - you can answer any of them.

Do not load with any US Bank card as this will not provide points.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for US Bank

NW Buxx

• Initial purchase fee: $5 (waived with promo code: 02050053)
  • $2 load fee
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $1,000
  • The maximum Card value is $1,000.00
  • Max ATM per week: ($200 - but only if specifically enabled online, including PIN setup). No fee for some Allpoint ATMs (no way to know in advance if the Allpoint ATM will ding you $1; check your account carefully and call if necessary to reverse the $1 charge…IME 2/3 Allpoint ATMs do charge the fee).
  • Max spend per 7 rolling days: $800

Max # of CC on file for both is 2. Each has a max # of loads per card per 7 day rolling period (~3/4). If you card fails to load, first try to switch to another CC, second check to make sure there are at least 7 calendar days between loads.

Reports of Citi cards (at least Mastercard) coding as purchase for NW Buxx (Jan 2015), but YMMV.

TD Bank Go Buxx

Dead - "members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit."

• Initial purchase fee: $4.95 + $1 load fee.
  • Max load per day: $500
  • Max load per 7 days: $2,000
  • Max load per rolling 30 days: $3,000
  • Max per ATM withdraw: $60/week. (No fee at TD Bank.)
  • Max balance: $2,000
  • Max transactions: no limit
  • Max load per funding CC (across multiple teens): only via TD CC $6,000 per 30 days

Limits are per teen card, not per master account

States not supported.

AL, AK, AS, AZ, AR, CA, CO, FM, GA, GU, HI, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, ND, MP, OH, OK, OR, PW, PR, SD, TN, TX, UT, VI, WA, WV, WI, WY
According to thread, USPS MOs count against the ATM withdraw limit.
Citi codes as purchase and earns points for TD Bank loads.
Citi with some cards including the Exec will keep your order as pending and it will take up Credit limit for 3 to 4 weeks.

Beginning September 3, 2014, we're making changes to the TD GO Card program.
•We're decreasing the reload limit. We're reducing the per-day reload amount from $1,000 to $500. Rest assured, your maximum card balance at any time will remain at $2,000.
•We're changing how you can fund your TD Go Card. Account owners and friends and family members will only be able to load TD Go Card(s) using a TD Bank Debit or Credit Card, or by direct deposit.

Do not create too many accounts too fast. Some reports of account shutdown when same SSN used across multiple cards / accounts in a short period of time.
Print Wikipost

VISA Buxx

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2014, 10:31 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by floressalicis
Why anyone would call attention to their account instead of asking flyertalk or reading the wiki is absurd. And US Bank tracks 30 days, down to the exact time. I've been able to load in on say Sept 2nd after loading on 8/3, but if I know I loaded in the morning, it won't let me load again until say the afternoon (or whatever point in the morning after the last time I loaded.) so archive those load alert emails if you want to remember time stamps.
Agreed... and the 30 day thing is dead on. I log times loaded in a document so I can check to see when I can load again.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Those, who have TD Buxx card - did you close it after all changes to funding source? I'm thinking should I cancel it or put in drawer?
Two of my non-TD bank credit cards that I previously used was auto removed leaving another non-TD bank cc that was never used before.

Used it in Sept and also today on Oct 1st and still not showing a $1 load fee.

If you have any stored cards, give it a shot, otherwise why cancel now. Just drawer it and wait if anything changes or just right before any inactivity fees kick in.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:08 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
Originally Posted by x712xdamx
You wrote Visabuxx to add a funding source after already calling and getting denied?! Sometime the "do not call" rule also means "do not write". Hope this didn't bring unnecessary attention to your account and the rest, but it sounds like it did.

No more non-US Bank funding sources?! Beginning of the end?
Unfortunately, the "do not think" rule usually takes precedence here.
The Death Of Everything is the inevitable result.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:56 pm

For USB Buxx wiki says

Max load per day: $2,000 per CC

Is that per calendar day or per 24 hours?
Old Oct 1, 2014, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Agreed... and the 30 day thing is dead on. I log times loaded in a document so I can check to see when I can load again.
The problem I had was with adding credit card to load, not the loading of the Visabuxx. Had wrote to them initially but didn't get a reply for several days, so I called ... and then they wrote back.

Intention of the post was to share with everyone the "new" policy (if real) so that folks will be aware of the possibly new policy and not get stuck while trying to change funding credit cards ... not get flamed by people jumping quickly to conclusions.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by vinctong
The problem I had was with adding credit card to load, not the loading of the Visabuxx. Had wrote to them initially but didn't get a reply for several days, so I called ... and then they wrote back.

Intention of the post was to share with everyone the "new" policy (if real) so that folks will be aware of the possibly new policy and not get stuck while trying to change funding credit cards ... not get flamed by people jumping quickly to conclusions.
Interesting data point at the least. Personally I wouldn't reach out to Visabuxx, but now we know at least.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 11:17 pm

So you are saying right now that at the end of the day you couldn't add your CC to your US Buxx account since it wasn't from USB? I am trying to figure out what the end result of your discussion was.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: Marriott, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold, SWA, United, British Air, Jet Blue, Alaska
Nationwide Visa Buxx

With the demise of TD Buxx and AP, the situation with fees is looking quite grim.
I have been trying to expand my Nationwide Buxx portfolio (add teens) with no success.
I get this error message:

Address confirmation is required.
Cannot issue any additional cards for the last address.

Current configuration:
Wife = parent with 2 teens
Self = parent with 3 teens

When I attempt to add 3rd teen to wife or 4th teen to self, it fails, both with the same error message. Of course the address is the same for all - parents and teens.

5 seemed like a funny number to stop. I have read massive amounts of pages within FT. One post (old) talked about 7-2-2 teen cards with USB-NW-TD (why they would have only 2 with TD and 7 with USB is beyond me, but that is what the post said). Of course TD is zero teens these days with their new policy.

Anyway, if there is anyone out there with more than 5 teen cards with NW, I would appreciate a PM describing what you did, when, how, etc. I can't get past the error message.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:54 am

Programs: IHG Plat
Originally Posted by James Ben
For USB Buxx wiki says

Max load per day: $2,000 per CC

Is that per calendar day or per 24 hours?
24hrs
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:57 am

I was told about the "new" policy about 2 months ago when I was having issues adding my non-U.S. Bank card online.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:44 am
jmw

FYI - They didn't say anything about not being able to use existing CCs.

Dear Mr. Tong,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please accept our apology for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

However, if Customer Service was not able to add the funding source on your account, unfortunately, we cannot override the system of how it was setup. We do not have the capability to add funding source account in this department.

Also, U.S. Bank will no longer accept the set-up of non U.S. Bank credit and debit cards as funding sources, only U.S. Bank credit and debit cards will be accepted as funding sources.

Should you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact Customer Service at 1.888.310.2899.

Thank you,

U.S. Bank Visa Buxx

Cardholder Services
You didn't state to us whether or not you violated the 2 card changes per 24 hrs, 3 card changes per 30 days, 5 card changes per 180 days. Did you or did you not violate these limits?
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by aceofcards
I was told about the "new" policy about 2 months ago when I was having issues adding my non-U.S. Bank card online.
I had no issue adding a non US Bank credit card just days ago so unless something has changed since this weekend, the policy is (was?) not being enforced.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 11:53 am

When using my 2 TD Buxx (still have some dollars in there) today to load both a Serve and a Bluebird I got this message:

"You have the following errors.
We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information."

Yesterday both worked fine.
Did anyone experience this as well?

Seems to be happening in some CCs as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...h-advance.html
Old Oct 2, 2014, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by floressalicis
I had no issue adding a non US Bank credit card just days ago so unless something has changed since this weekend, the policy is (was?) not being enforced.
Ditto
Old Oct 2, 2014, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by mikex163
When using my 2 TD Buxx (still have some dollars in there) today to load both a Serve and a Bluebird I got this message:

"You have the following errors.
We're sorry, your card issuer declined this transaction. Please call the number on the back of your Visa card for additional information."

Yesterday both worked fine.
Did anyone experience this as well?

Seems to be happening in some CCs as well: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...h-advance.html
dammit. same thing with my TD Go and and NW ones. couldnt load BB. i will take a wait-and-see approach since i'm too busy to call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.