Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SecureSpend Tampered?

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2024, 3:51 pm
ra7

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
Are you using Vani or SS? When I punch my SS into the website it doesn't even ring up as a card lol
I am using a Vanilla
Old May 16, 2024, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by cruisr
That is the SOP. Be prepared for them to say they never received the info also.
Originally Posted by ra7
I am in a similar situation. They asked me to send the scanned copies to their email address. You will receive an automated email and afterwards no further updates. I called them few times and they asked me to send it again which I did last week. it's really disappointing how they are handling this.
Any update on your refunds? I am in a similar boat. I emailed them pictures of the card on May 2 and they say that they still haven't received it as of now.
Old May 16, 2024, 12:16 pm

Jesus Christ. 4 replacement cards all sent by IC get block.

Called in to get refunds and they want me to FAX pictures of the cards and my ID to [email protected]
Takes about 4-6 weeks in total.
ericdabbs likes this.
Old May 18, 2024, 11:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Takes about 4-6 weeks in total.
I recall reading that someone here submitted a complaint through CFPB and was refunded in less than 3 days. I've been trying to find the post.
Old May 22, 2024, 12:00 am

cuthroat gregorygrady Can you guys provide a DP on your refund from IC? Timeline and documents etc
Any update on your refunds? I am in a similar boat. I emailed them pictures of the card on May 2 and they say that they still haven't received it as of now.
I received a single check in the mail today for $2k. Dug back and I originally requested refunds on these dud SS cards on 4/4/24 and e-mailed them a pic of my DL and Utility Bill that same day. Was told I would receive a check in 3 weeks. On 4/18/24 I received a reply to my DL/Utility Bill e-mail saying that I also needed a pic of the front and back of the VGC as well as a message requesting a refund. I e-mailed this info back that same day. Just over a month later, I received the lump check today for all 4 dud SS VGCs. These idiots need to get their crap together..........
Old May 22, 2024, 12:01 am

Perhaps we should all just send our complaints thru CFPB in the future to get these issues resolved more quickly AND so all the complaints get notated and compiled. Especially if that method only takes 3 days to resolve.
Old May 22, 2024, 4:50 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Perhaps we should all just send our complaints thru CFPB in the future to get these issues resolved more quickly AND so all the complaints get notated and compiled. Especially if that method only takes 3 days to resolve.
They are going to make the refund process as painful as possible for you, especially if they see that the same person is requesting refunds for multiple large amounts of GCs, something that a "normal" customer would not be doing.
They are obligated to refund your money, after receipt of the required documents attesting to your identity, but remember that they are also probably getting scads of sham or outright fraud requests for funds, so they will be allowed leeway in time to refunding.

Also consider that they make $0.274 a day on your $2000 at 5% interest, so waiting 90 days will earn them $24.66 on your funds, more than enough to pay for the oversight of your cards and account and leave some additional money behind.

I suspect that if you were a small fry, it would come much faster. It took less than 2 weeks from time of submission to receipt of a new GC for my $13.74 blocked GC.
Old May 22, 2024, 2:51 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by radonc1
They are going to make the refund process as painful as possible for you, especially if they see that the same person is requesting refunds for multiple large amounts of GCs, something that a "normal" customer would not be doing.
They are obligated to refund your money, after receipt of the required documents attesting to your identity, but remember that they are also probably getting scads of sham or outright fraud requests for funds, so they will be allowed leeway in time to refunding.

Also consider that they make $0.274 a day on your $2000 at 5% interest, so waiting 90 days will earn them $24.66 on your funds, more than enough to pay for the oversight of your cards and account and leave some additional money behind.

I suspect that if you were a small fry, it would come much faster. It took less than 2 weeks from time of submission to receipt of a new GC for my $13.74 blocked GC.
Replacement cards tend to be very quick (1 week max IME). We're talking about refunds here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.