Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SecureSpend Tampered?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2023, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
From the packaging, it's impossible to tell that they are tampered. I didn't see any cut marks or anything. What the hell, any ideas??
Old Aug 26, 2023, 8:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: B6 M4, AA Plat Pro, WoH Globalist, IHG Diamond Amb, MB Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Pictures of the tampered packaging interior, can someone with a better eye determine if it's superglue?

Old Aug 27, 2023, 9:53 am
kpe

Originally Posted by jumbotron_
Same happened to me. I just spent it online on a bill. Didn't want to file ticket with incomm and wait weeks for replacement card.
I have bought Vanilla Visa Secure Spend but didn't see a way to register online for online use. I assume you registered the card for online use. If you can shed a light on it, that will be great. Thanks
Old Aug 27, 2023, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by kpe
I have bought Vanilla Visa Secure Spend but didn't see a way to register online for online use. I assume you registered the card for online use. If you can shed a light on it, that will be great. Thanks
I didn't register it beforehand. Treated it like any other debit card to pay for auto insurance bill online
kpe likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:54 pm
Original Poster

So I just got my replacement card in the mail but it comes unactivated.
Apparently you can only activate them over the phone per the rep. If you try to do it online you get an error. Total pain in the butt...
Old Sep 5, 2023, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by lowkeyflyer
So I just got my replacement card in the mail but it comes unactivated.
Apparently you can only activate them over the phone per the rep. If you try to do it online you get an error. Total pain in the butt...
to better protect u & them in case the mail was lost or stolen
upright0744 likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2023, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by danhouston
to better protect u & them in case the mail was lost or stolen
Yeah but all the rep confirmed was the card number, CVC, and name (which is already on the envelope).
Old Sep 6, 2023, 6:33 am

Yeah but all the rep confirmed was the card number, CVC, and name (which is already on the envelope).
not sure which bank i had to previously deal with in similar case, they also asked for the phone #
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:09 am

..... Two more dud SecureSpends out of my local WM...

Here are the key differences:
A clean, good SS comes with 4 adhesives.
1. On the front there is one long strip right above the 16 digits.
2. On the back, two dots right below the barcode, and one long strip in the middle of the card

The tampered ones:
Missing all 4 of these
Instead have one dot adhesive on the rear.

Refer to my screenshots:

GOOD - 3 adhesive

GOOD - Middle adhesive

TAMPERED - Missing front adhesive and only has one on back
The glue dots is one of things to look at. also for tampered one, looking at the magnetic strip from different angles, you will see the smudges on the strip. I wonder if they uses some sort of chemicals to de-magnetic the strip.
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:14 am

From the packaging, it's impossible to tell that they are tampered. I didn't see any cut marks or anything. What the hell, any ideas??
I shopped different WMT stores. only one has the tampered cards, a lot of them! I believe it is an insider job. How could someone take a bunch of cards out of store, tamper them, and put them back?
Old Oct 24, 2023, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
I shopped different WMT stores. only one has the tampered cards, a lot of them! I believe it is an insider job. How could someone take a bunch of cards out of store, tamper them, and put them back?
Pretty easily until their Loss Prevention(LP) is notified and looking for such things.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 4:14 am

Do we know what happens when the balance of a card is checked that hasn't been purchased yet?
I would assume that card is blocked and will not activate if someone does try purchasing it?
Old May 3, 2024, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone been able to activate a replacement Incomm card online without having to call in? It never lets me activate online.
Old May 4, 2024, 2:54 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Has anyone been able to activate a replacement Incomm card online without having to call in? It never lets me activate online.
Does the provided information on or in the returned card say you have to activate it by phone?

If the answer is yes, then your DP confirms the instructions. If there is no information on activation, then you have provided a useful DP that says you can't do it on-line.
In any event, useful information so thanks
Old May 4, 2024, 6:11 pm

there is something going on across the country with these cards and the vanilla cards. Alot of people are buying cards with missing numbers or even cvv numbers that are scratched out. Be careful and report them immediately

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.