Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IAD_flyer
This is a new thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

As of Nov 11, 2020, Meta gebits are getting declined when used for MO/BP purchases at MC/SD. New limit appears to be $99 per swipe. READ the posts below and add a data point with details. USB and GD gift cards do not seem to be affected.

DETAILS:
As of Dec 2019, WM BP in-store is reportedly affected by the $8000 total limit across all cards.
As of Nov 1, 2018, WM Billpay made via the WM app is limited to a total of $8000 total per person to all accounts per rolling 30 days.

Sep 13 2021 : If WM App is updated with no money services , then use the following for Android phone to get the working version.

https://www.apkmirror.com/?post_type...ge=1&s=walmart
My working version is 21.12 (21120123)
Fyr : https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/0...n-app-android/

This workaround no longer works.

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register. BP must be done at Customer Service/Returns or at the Money Center in stores that have it.
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.
ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction. ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
CheckFreePay (800) 676-6148. - Look up payments using CC number and time of transaction
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BP by phone number lookup- Once your CFP account is set up, you can add CC. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services. Make sure you get 2 receipts, one from WM and a small one from CFP showing the CC# and Biller name you paid.

WM App - The Money Services works in express lane for Bill Pay.

Receipt tips: If you don't get a receipt and they have to print you one, make sure the CC you paid appears on the printed receipt. If not on receipt, call CFP with the manager to verify there is no payment processing. They can cancel any transactions and pay you in cash right away. If they cancel the transaction and their cash drawer opens, that means they should pay you in cash, if it doesn't open, the money will probably return to your cards. Not sure what happens on the same day? Watch their drawer when they cancel the transaction to see if it opens. If they say the money will return to your DC, make sure to write down the managers name in case it doesn't.

Payments:
Most cc can be paid 5 times by Visa/MC and 5 times by the issuing bank in rolling 30 days with a total of 10. There might be an 8K limit per rolling 30 days starting Oct 2018.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST (Holidays change post day)

Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Choose to pay by Visa/MC card issuer OR by issuing bank - see the 2 sections below.

:-:VISA and MC - card issuer-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:

Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA MASTERCARD
$1.50 next day.

Works:Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
Citi AT&T MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC

Does not work:Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.50 next day.

Works:Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 11PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS, Chase Ink Plus
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Navy Federal Credit Union Visa
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:TD Bank VS - [Source]
Alliant Credit Union Cashback Visa Signature
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid, but they can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Credit Cards - Use for BoA-issued; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)
Works:

BoA Alaska Airlines VisaDoes not work:

BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.

Personal and business CCs
Elan Financial Services
$1.50 next day.

Fidelity Visa
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2021, 2:40 pm

i just updated in the Wiki also
Old Sep 13, 2021, 3:20 pm

DISABLE AUTO UPDATE (Android)
Once you know you have the correct version installed then you can go into the Google Play Store, click on your profile icon in the upper right, choose Manage Apps and device, select Manage at the top, find the Walmart app in the list (might have to sort the list by name) and click/tap on it once (this should take you to the Uninstall/Update menu), click the vertical ellipses (three dots) in the upper right corner, UNCHECK Enable Auto Update.
brc01 and ricohitman like this.

Last edited by daddyo_daddyo; Sep 13, 2021 at 3:28 pm
Old Sep 14, 2021, 2:18 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Have a biller to pay, after reading what's been happening to lagdroid users I laughed smugly to myself. Little did I know, after opening up my iPhone app which looked the same as it did before, went all the way to pick biller where it errored out and suddenly the entire interface of the Walmart app changed, and the old bill pay options completely disappeared. I am 100% sure there was no update because I haven't been on Wi-Fi all day, the app simply changed the interface completely on its own in the middle of use after crashing. Was the Walmart app little more than a website wrapper and everything was done server-side?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by msp3
Have a biller to pay, after reading what's been happening to lagdroid users I laughed smugly to myself. Little did I know, after opening up my iPhone app which looked the same as it did before, went all the way to pick biller where it errored out and suddenly the entire interface of the Walmart app changed, and the old bill pay options completely disappeared. I am 100% sure there was no update because I haven't been on Wi-Fi all day, the app simply changed the interface completely on its own in the middle of use after crashing. Was the Walmart app little more than a website wrapper and everything was done server-side?
Ditto, except I made it all the way to completing the payment until I got an error message that the request could not be completed and that there may be a temporary hold on my debit card. Thankfully, I checked and there was no hold/authorization on the card, but when I went back to the Walmart app, I had the new app that just links to the Walmart web site for all MoneyCenter services. That wouldn't be an issue if you could do Bill Pay on the web site, but all the site has is a description of in-store Bill Pay services and a message that "In-app use of bill pay services is temporarily unavailable." Here's hoping it's truly temporary...
msp3 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 10:56 am

Programs: SWA A-List, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold
Payment never received

I made a payment to BoA biz CC (which is on the no fly list in the wiki) for an amount that isn't huge but I'd like it back. Long story short it's been 4 weeks and the payment was never received. The card is drained and for some reason the payment is not showing up in the WMBP transaction history. Does anyone know the process of getting the payment refunded? Do I need to contact WM or BoA? or am I SOL? I should have know it wouldn't work but I always like to be the data point and try anyway. Any help is appreciated.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by TyPo311
I made a payment to BoA biz CC (which is on the no fly list in the wiki) for an amount that isn't huge but I'd like it back. Long story short it's been 4 weeks and the payment was never received. The card is drained and for some reason the payment is not showing up in the WMBP transaction history. Does anyone know the process of getting the payment refunded? Do I need to contact WM or BoA? or am I SOL? I should have know it wouldn't work but I always like to be the data point and try anyway. Any help is appreciated.
The key piece of info you need is the checkfree reference number - if you can't access the receipt and paid in the app, you should have also got an e-mail that contains this information. Worst case, call checkfree and they may be able to look up the payment by biller and account#. Once you have the checkfree reference # for the payment (and assuming checkfree customer service sees the payment as rejected and it's been returned to WM), the process to get a refund in-store is pretty straightforward. Have the store call checkfree if they need instructions.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
The key piece of info you need is the checkfree reference number - if you can't access the receipt and paid in the app, you should have also got an e-mail that contains this information. Worst case, call checkfree and they may be able to look up the payment by biller and account#. Once you have the checkfree reference # for the payment (and assuming checkfree customer service sees the payment as rejected and it's been returned to WM), the process to get a refund in-store is pretty straightforward. Have the store call checkfree if they need instructions.
They can look it up by the acct number for sure.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:53 am

Damn, they nerfed the iphone app...In app is dead.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 2:16 pm

With InApp not working i cant drain my simons wonder which cards work inStore - is it non metas
Old Sep 15, 2021, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by CerealCardSpender
Damn, they nerfed the iphone app...In app is dead.

Did you recently update your app? It just worked for me and I haven't updated it.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 5:10 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; M Titan; Hil Dia; IHG P, AMB;
My WM APP just turned 'can't verify and pay in store' today. No matter how many times I uninstall and install. It was working last night.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by drmolly
Did you recently update your app? It just worked for me and I haven't updated it.
I don't update my apps intentionally. It happens automatically through the software.
Old Sep 15, 2021, 8:29 pm

Programs: Silver Level: DL, Non-Elite: AS, UA, AA, WN
I've scrolled through a substantial portion of this thread and can't quite understand something so maybe someone can help. Can you load a Prepaid card (GB in my case) with WM BP or does it have to be a credit card payment only?
Old Sep 15, 2021, 11:19 pm

I had app updates disabled on all my phones but they still found a way today to push an update for my newer Android phones.

Still have the old app on some older devices. Was still working tonight but really glitchy at times. I wouldn't expect it to keep working much longer.
Old Sep 16, 2021, 10:24 am

Deleting and reinstalling still works for me on iPhone, but if I close out the app and immediately reopen it, it's back to the non-BP version. Hopefully someone with more app/computer knowledge than me can figure out what is happening. Has anyone tried installing the app on an old Apple product, as in one that stopped updating before last week?
bbriscoe34 and littlewinglet like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.