Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by TheJerm
I've had a $1.5K order and 2 $5K orders go through within the last, all marked as shipped.

Holding off on more until I figure out the new portal rules. Wondering if the $30K purchase limit is shared between GCM and GC.com...

im starting to think that it might be a combined total for both sites. i opened another TCB email and it looks like when it hit $30K the last 2 transactions didn't track. As you can see the purchase amounts for 1/10 are $0.

Does anyone else have a DP on this?

Or is the $0 purchase and cashback columns another issue? Either way, I put in a ticket with TCB to see what they say. Thanks for any help/input.

Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
im starting to think that it might be a combined total for both sites. i opened another TCB email and it looks like when it hit $30K the last 2 transactions didn't track. As you can see the purchase amounts for 1/10 are $0.

Does anyone else have a DP on this?

Or is the $0 purchase and cashback columns another issue? Either way, I put in a ticket with TCB to see what they say. Thanks for any help/input.

I think something is severely messed up on the portals right now. Even if you combine your GC and GCM it still is only around 19K for January. My last 2 days at Yazing for GC also are tracking at $0 but my numbers indicate they should be tracking. I'll post back with what I find out.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
I think something is severely messed up on the portals right now. Even if you combine your GC and GCM it still is only around 19K for January. My last 2 days at Yazing for GC also are tracking at $0 but my numbers indicate they should be tracking. I'll post back with what I find out.
Could be a rolling 30-day period (just like GCMs 15k/mo order limit), as opposed to calendar month.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Radster
Could be a rolling 30-day period (just like GCMs 15k/mo order limit), as opposed to calendar month.
That is what i was thinking too. yea jan is less that 30K but 30 calendar days would make sense. I hope they respond so i can figure out where to order from and let you all know too. Thx
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by Radster
Nope, I was over 45K for rolling 30 days before it started zeroing for me on the 11th.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 7:44 pm

I think you guys may have had bad tracking somehow. I have 2 orders from 1/11 from GCcom that tracked no issue. From 12/11 to 1/11 I've done 80k.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:11 pm

Yea this is weird.. i see people posting in the GC.com thread and are seeing random bad $0 postings. Still no word from TCB!
Old Jan 14, 2018, 6:18 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Originally Posted by wanalaugh74
Yea this is weird.. i see people posting in the GC.com thread and are seeing random bad $0 postings. Still no word from TCB!
Ours weird cause I think I'm right offer the 30k rolling 30 limit and it tracked correctly 1/12
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by hiima
Ours weird cause I think I'm right offer the 30k rolling 30 limit and it tracked correctly 1/12
Vgc or mgc? Wondering if it's due to purchasing mgcs. I purchase mgcs and stopped getting cash back after the 10th. Did not put in any orders today.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP OWE, DL DM ST+, AS MVPG, UA, BA, WN CP, Hyatt E, Ritz Plat, HH GM
Vgc or mgc? Wondering if it's due to purchasing mgcs. I purchase mgcs and stopped getting cash back after the 10th. Did not put in any orders today.
Vgc
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:46 am

yea im vgc too.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by hiima
Vgc
Now I'm thinking the $0 transactions must be due to purchasing MGCs. MGCs at GC.com re supposed to receive 1.25% but to this point they've only been receiving 1% just like VGCs. I'm wondering if they changed something about how MGCs code and it now just comes up at 0.

Any other data points for 1/12 and after for MGC vs VGC?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:39 am

So the interesting thing about the GCM purchases in that picture is for the self-designed ones right?
Old Jan 15, 2018, 12:32 pm

Update: for the heck of it, I put in a GC.com order today for VGCs and it reported as $0. I'm betting it has to do with the 30K limit. The interesting thing is that I even have an account with a completely different billing and shipping address from my others and I'm around 5K on that one for the month and its getting $0 transactions as well. So far so good on my GCM accounts (though I'm still waiting on an order from 2 days ago to track) but I'm betting its a matter of time before those of us with multiple accounts start seeing $0 transactions there. What a bummer for those of us with no close Simons.

Last edited by cdog999; Jan 15, 2018 at 12:39 pm
Old Jan 15, 2018, 1:47 pm

Update: for the heck of it, I put in a GC.com order today for VGCs and it reported as $0. I'm betting it has to do with the 30K limit. The interesting thing is that I even have an account with a completely different billing and shipping address from my others and I'm around 5K on that one for the month and its getting $0 transactions as well. So far so good on my GCM accounts (though I'm still waiting on an order from 2 days ago to track) but I'm betting its a matter of time before those of us with multiple accounts start seeing $0 transactions there. What a bummer for those of us with no close Simons.

How would the cashback portals be able to track your purchases if you have two accounts with them with different names and addresses? By IP address?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.