Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Indeed!

It's more challenging to place orders now, they can/will put a hold on charges as long as they want and all you can do is wait for it to fall off. Bad news for low credit lines One has to have an array of CCs when placing orders because once we get the dreaded message and charges hit the CCs, the waiting game begins. If I don't need them more than they want my business I would've gone back to b&m GCs but the CBs are worth it IF they get tracked and paid. Their reps can't help with issues of getting pending transactions to fall off, nothing else I can do but be patient.
The CB is also becoming a bit more problematic. Tracked for an order I did yesterday but not for an order from the previous day. Now I've seen the tracking hit a few days late before. Does everyone else just open a ticket once the tracking is late?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:37 am

I have no issues with tracking of orders and getting paid from GCM via TCB, although it takes them a while to send the AGC with extra 5% bonus. GCB and Yazing poses different challenges. GCM is obviously throttling orders from regular customers, those with low CLs cannot place orders immediately once they get the dreaded message. I'm sure those who found work arounds went underground to prevent GCM from plugging the loopholes.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by Java Cool Dude
New card declined when attempting a second order...GCM gonna GCM!
JCD
Damn. Just like my situation.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by Mamibear
What is USPS Text Tracking™?

USPS Text Tracking is a mechanism by which customers can be notified of the status of their package. Standard Message and Data Rates may apply. There are now several ways that customers can request Text Tracking:From your phone:

• Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number as the content of the message. The text reply from USPS will be the latest tracking information for the item.
  • Send a text to 28777 (2USPS) with your tracking number and a keyword. Keywords tell USPS the specific information you want to know, such whether or not delivery has been attempted. See more on keywords under the heading "How do I use keywords?"
From the web site:

After tracking a package on the USPS Tracking® web site you may register to receive Text Tracking on a tracking number by tracking number basis. You may elect one of the following Text Tracking Options on the web site:
  • Expected Delivery Updates
  • Day of Delivery Updates
  • Package Delivered
  • Available for Pickup
  • Delivery Exception Updates
  • All the options above
  • xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For additional info, visit usps.com.
Is there a way to get the tracking number of your USPS (not UPS) gift card package from GCM before the first delivery attempt so you can start tracking it? Is so, how?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:05 am

Delete
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:07 am

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
Is there a way to get the tracking number of your USPS (not UPS) gift card package from GCM before the first delivery attempt so you can start tracking it? Is so, how?

If you have informed delivery you get notified, but I dont always get notified.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by lumangoy
If you have informed delivery you get notified, but I dont always get notified.
OK, thanks. I've only had one GCM order since I signed up for informed delivery. I did NOT get notified. But obviously that is just one DP.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
OK, thanks. I've only had one GCM order since I signed up for informed delivery. I did NOT get notified. But obviously that is just one DP.
I didn't get notified either. One time they left it in the mailbox even though it was a large order. Other time they rang the doorbell for signature. I'm having adventures with UPS right now. Wish there was an easy way to just have them hold these someplace. USPS doesn't allow redirects either and really don't want them waking up napping kids...
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:06 pm

Earlier today, I received a notification and tracking number from USPS that shipping label was created for my order on 1/4
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:40 pm

Any experience with stolen giftcard

My 5cb order arrived with the ups envelope ripped open and retaped. I am missing 17 cards out of 19 cards.
I have contacted customer service and they escalate it to level 2 and they supposed yo call me within 5 business days. Yet, I have not heard anything back from level 2.
Anyone has any experience with the process for stolen or missing gift cards?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:58 pm

Backing up what others have said, GCM orders are at a big risk of being stolen. I had an order around Black Friday shipped via USPS stolen before I got it.

Your options for reimbursement are very limited if the cards are stolen and used. GCM will deny a refund request, close your transaction dispute case for the unauthorized use of the gift cards, and tell you to file a claim with the carrier. Only solution is suing the thief (good luck) or making a chargeback with your CC.

It will also take weeks for them to figure out and tell you what happened to your shipment. When I told them I didn't receive my order, GCM first told me to wait another week, then spent a second week checking with USPS, and after 18 days they finally found out the cards had already been spent 3 weeks ago when they had L2 support check the accounts.

Can't emphasize this enough- pony up for the signature delivery, then keep a close eye on tracking. Due to the consequences it's not worth taking risk of using First Class, and they don't consistently show up on Informed Delivery. If the package gets "delivered" and doesn't show up by next day, or it isn't moving how it should in the carrier tracker, to be safe get a GCM manager to mark them as stolen and reissue them. Once a thief spends the money, it's not coming back.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by TheJerm
Backing up what others have said, GCM orders are at a big risk of being stolen. I had an order around Black Friday shipped via USPS stolen before I got it.

Your options for reimbursement are very limited if the cards are stolen and used. GCM will deny a refund request, close your transaction dispute case for the unauthorized use of the gift cards, and tell you to file a claim with the carrier. Only solution is suing the thief (good luck) or making a chargeback with your CC.

It will also take weeks for them to figure out and tell you what happened to your shipment. When I told them I didn't receive my order, GCM first told me to wait another week, then spent a second week checking with USPS, and after 18 days they finally found out the cards had already been spent 3 weeks ago when they had L2 support check the accounts.

Can't emphasize this enough- pony up for the signature delivery, then keep a close eye on tracking. Due to the consequences it's not worth taking risk of using First Class, and they don't consistently show up on Informed Delivery. If the package gets "delivered" and doesn't show up by next day, or it isn't moving how it should in the carrier tracker, to be safe get a GCM manager to mark them as stolen and reissue them. Once a thief spends the money, it's not coming back.
Thank you. Btw, I am using trackable USPS mail but somehow it was sent using UPS without signature required. Last time I use USPS trackable mail, I also was not required to sign it.
Finally able to get in touch with a capable customer service who were able to find all the 603 numbers on the back of the cards that were missing. They checked that all the missing cards still have the original balance and they were able to move the balance to replacement cards.
Any experience with replacement card? I have another case for replacement card since Thanksgiving that I still have not received yet. They have tried to resend the card twice (with 10 business day in between) but I still have not received it yet. I decided to wait on the third replacement before trying to get a refund (which could take up to 30 days from what they told me).

Last edited by p321; Jan 9, 2018 at 9:43 pm Reason: Update
Old Jan 10, 2018, 12:00 am

Anyone try to suggest GCM should not send activated card? I remember cards from staple are not activated but also from GCM.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 1:59 am

Originally Posted by TheJerm
I had an order around Black Friday shipped via USPS stolen before I got it...
Was your order shipped with tracking, and what was the amount? Also, which bank's CC was used for payment, and were they at all helpful in your predicament?
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:34 am

I know this is the GCM thread, but have others also experienced shipping issues with giftcards.com? I know I've had good experience so far with GC shipments, but varying experience with GCM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.