Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:48 pm

I've been banned going on about 10 months now. I moved recently, so I got a legit new/different address, tried different cards, browsers, email addresses. Nothing has worked. I never once hit the $15k limit, at most I did $10k and it was over a year that I went upto that much. I try every 2-3 months with no success.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 1:59 pm

Looks like I'm banned now. Happened a few days after I filed a chargeback on the stolen order I never received.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 2:41 pm

3/4 of my last orders now haven't tracked. what a bummer. claims setup on each one
Old Jan 29, 2018, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
3/4 of my last orders now haven't tracked. what a bummer. claims setup on each one
Could you elaborate -- were they all large orders, with trackable shipping, and were filled?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by tontod
I've been banned going on about 10 months now. I moved recently, so I got a legit new/different address, tried different cards, browsers, email addresses. Nothing has worked. I never once hit the $15k limit, at most I did $10k and it was over a year that I went upto that much. I try every 2-3 months with no success.
maybe try with $500 first & slowly ramp up?
Old Jan 29, 2018, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
Could you elaborate -- were they all large orders, with trackable shipping, and were filled?
Yes, all 7k and up. Can't figure out why sometimes it tracks and sometimes it doesn't. Wonder if it's due to delay of security approval. Can't recall any non tracking on my first GCM account.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by rxgeek
My first order since 1/25 is not going through.
Try a small order after a few days, worked for me.

My friend has been able to place large orders (up to 15k/mo) without a glitch for several months and doesn't seem to be affected by the new "rule", so that suggests some of us have been singled out for whatever reason, just wish to figure this reason soon as getting the error is becoming frustrating. The fact that the CC gets charged (in pending status) when you place the order with the error makes me believe it has nothing to do with the browser or cookies. Did anybody call support to see what's up? When I did, the guy checked with the "2nd level support" and said the site is down and suggested to try a backup site, which was a total BS.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:06 am

Yes, all 7k and up. Can't figure out why sometimes it tracks and sometimes it doesn't. Wonder if it's due to delay of security approval. Can't recall any non tracking on my first GCM account.
Without the postal acceptance scan, the packages must've never left GCM custody. Sounds like GCM shipping dept forget more things than just sealing envelopes. That's a very disturbing turn of events.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:26 am

Without the postal acceptance scan, the packages must've never left GCM custody. Sounds like GCM shipping dept forget more things than just sealing envelopes. That's a very disturbing turn of events.
Sorry, when I meant tracking, I meant tracking of cashback. I'm getting my packages properly, but 3 out of my last 4 orders have not tracked for CB on TCB. I should have been more clear, my fault. No clue if this is due to 30K limits or anything along those line or if its just something screwed up between the TCB/GCM tracking. Anyone know how long claims on GCM through TCB take? I can't remember the last time I had to submit a missing CB claim and now I have a bunch of them.

Last edited by cdog999; Jan 30, 2018 at 9:35 am
Old Jan 30, 2018, 9:40 am

Anyone know how long claims on GCM through TCB take? I can't remember the last time I had to submit a missing CB claim and now I have a bunch of them.
I have to submit missing claims once in a while when SO and I put in orders using the same session. I hear back in a week typically and they ultimately track as payable in line with the surrounding dated orders.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 11:51 am

Sorry, when I meant tracking, I meant tracking of cashback. I'm getting my packages properly, but 3 out of my last 4 orders have not tracked for CB on TCB. I should have been more clear, my fault. No clue if this is due to 30K limits or anything along those line or if its just something screwed up between the TCB/GCM tracking. Anyone know how long claims on GCM through TCB take? I can't remember the last time I had to submit a missing CB claim and now I have a bunch of them.
Whew that's much less serious!
In the past GCM confirmed purchases to TCB within a couple of weeks, in which case CB immediately appears with "confirmed" status. Otherwise CB investigations can drag on for many months.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 1:25 pm

Whew that's much less serious!
In the past GCM confirmed purchases to TCB within a couple of weeks, in which case CB immediately appears with "confirmed" status. Otherwise CB investigations can drag on for many months.
Haha, yes. But without the CB there is no point in buying from GCM
makelab likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 9:53 am

I tried to buy 2x500 VGCs as my first order on GCM yesterday. I got the error in red above ("The transaction was not completed...").
Tried to do the same thing today and got the same error again.
This was my very first transaction on GCM. Am I banned for life? Without ever buying anything from there?
Old Feb 1, 2018, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by rct12345
I tried to buy 2x500 VGCs as my first order on GCM yesterday. I got the error in red above ("The transaction was not completed...").
This was my very first transaction on GCM. Am I banned for life? Without ever buying anything from there?
No, this happens often. Try other web browsers, and disable script and ad blockers. Don't test more than one per day though.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by rct12345
Just wait 24 hours before you try again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.