Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2018, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Klemhuzzah
This is the thread for 2018.
The previous discussion from 2016 on this topic can be found here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...thread-77.html
The thread for 2017 is here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1825524-giftcardmall-master-thread-2017-a-97.html

Giftcardmall (and giftcards.com) now limit Visa loads to $250. No more $500 cards, Change happened sometime in 2020.

What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 30K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- A Few people report it is blocked for the day, try again the next day. MOST ppl report being permanently blocked. Or you entered a wrong 3-digit security number.
GCM recommends using the Chrome or Firefox browsers. Be sure you are not using an ad blocker and not disabling any cookie settings (3rd party, tracking, etc.) from the default or you may get this error.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen. Call to have the cards reissued or canceled. Orders usually arrive in 5-10 days.

Check your cc for pending or posted payments and call about your order if you are concerned it is taking a long time for delivery. Sometimes GCM was taking up to 2 weeks for delivery.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall Master Thread (2018 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2018, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by mwstahly
I work for a company (Simon Malls) that sells individual and bulk giftcards. Often times, we have great specials such as Nike, Gamestop, etc. Our current special is buy $50 Aeropostale gift card and receive $10 visa gift card free. PM me for more details.
When Simon sold visa for $2.95 they were a good deal. Can Simon put visa on sale every once in a while? We often have to drive out of our way to get to Simon Malls. We have other options to buy cards cheaper online at other retailers, besides giftcardmall.
mwstahly likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: Simon Malls
Typically, certain months we do reduce the activation fees depending on many cards one purchases. It may be a hassle driving to a simon mall, however, we do have one of the lowest fees. Lowest fees plus discount on certain items like Gamestop, footlocker, etc = free money.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:33 am

Typically, certain months we do reduce the activation fees depending on many cards one purchases. It may be a hassle driving to a simon mall, however, we do have one of the lowest fees. Lowest fees plus discount on certain items like Gamestop, footlocker, etc = free money.
It will be nice , if you can post here whenever there is a promotion for visa gift cards.
Old May 23, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
It will be nice , if you can post here whenever there is a promotion for visa gift cards.

I'll def. try my best.
Old May 24, 2018, 9:33 am

Any way you could guarantee we can get a large amount of VGCs if we're driving out of our way to a Simon mall? I've gotten push back on large purchases so it's not worth my time to get turned down.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
Any way you could guarantee we can get a large amount of VGCs if we're driving out of our way to a Simon mall? I've gotten push back on large purchases so it's not worth my time to get turned down.
In my closest mall, the manager wants to have a brief phone convo with a potential repeat customer and get to know them. From that point forward, I'd have to call her before coming over and let her know what and how much I want to buy. Then she's message her CS desk, and it's clear sailing.
If I don't get a pre-approval and there's an inexperienced clerk at the CS desk, it's a wasted trip.
Superorb likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
We have other options to buy cards cheaper online at other retailers, besides giftcardmall.
We do?
Old May 24, 2018, 4:11 pm

I work for a company that sells individual and bulk giftcards. Often times, we have great specials such as Nike, Gamestop, etc. Our current special is buy $50 Aeropostale gift card and receive $10 visa gift card free. PM me for more details.
Welcome to FT! It's always nice when someone from the inside posts information and asks for suggestions. First off, I would like to thank Simon for supporting us. I am always greeted respectfully and offered bottled water when I show up.

I would like to request that what we do here is a business considering the volume of business we give to Simon. I would like to make the case that we qualify as corporate customers and be permitted $1K gift cards. While I have never tried myself to open a corporate account, it's been mentioned here that people on this forum have had their corporate accounts closed-even when they do high volume.
Clueless12 likes this.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:39 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
Welcome to FT! It's always nice when someone from the inside posts information and asks for suggestions. First off, I would like to thank Simon for supporting us. I am always greeted respectfully and offered bottled water when I show up.

I would like to request that what we do here is a business considering the volume of business we give to Simon. I would like to make the case that we qualify as corporate customers and be permitted $1K gift cards. While I have never tried myself to open a corporate account, it's been mentioned here that people on this forum have had their corporate accounts closed-even when they do high volume.
yes we love those $1k gift cards for $3.95 fee. they make MS life so much easier.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:50 pm

Originally Posted by MaxVO
In my closest mall, the manager wants to have a brief phone convo with a potential repeat customer and get to know them. From that point forward, I'd have to call her before coming over and let her know what and how much I want to buy. Then she's message her CS desk, and it's clear sailing.
If I don't get a pre-approval and there's an inexperienced clerk at the CS desk, it's a wasted trip.
I like getting to know my repeat customers and enjoy when they bring their business to me. I have one customer who I often call, and let him know our upcoming deals. Main reason I got on here is because my mall is not in a big city and it's harder finding consistent customers.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by cashcyclone
yes we love those $1k gift cards for $3.95 fee. they make MS life so much easier.
Right now Corporations are enjoying 50-75% off the activation fee through the end of May.
Old May 24, 2018, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS

Currently corporations are enjoying 50-75% off the activation fee though the end of May.
Old May 24, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Let's get back on topic. This is the thread dedicated to GiftCardMall purchases.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
Let's get back on topic. This is the thread dedicated to GiftCardMall purchases.
Yes, I may need some help on how to even get pass the log in process.
May be someone can enlighten me on what is going on that I encounter.

I was trying to order Simon's card from Simon end. I have an account with Simon solely for the purpose to register the cards online so they could be used on the net. (from the 5B days). I also have a GCM account set up long time ago but never used to buy anything.

Anyway I was able to log in the Simon account, saw all the prev registered card histories etc, but when I navigated to the Buy GC page, at check out it required fresh log in. Then it would not recognize Simon credential, and also not recognize GCM credential, with correct email address / password.

Then I tried to request a reset of password but the reset email never arrives.

After an hour I called GCM support and the guy over there looked up my GCM email address and confirmed there was no blockage whatsoever. He also saw I requested reset of password. I told him the email never arrives. He said sometimes it takes hours. Just wait. He also said to use Chrome instead of Firefox, despite in the Wiki it said both browsers are good to use.

I am not sure I should keep waiting for the password reset email which I seriously doubt it would ever come, or just go ahead to create a new account with different email address?

All this is due to AA card in the past months have had lots of difficulties but smooth sailing online so I was hoping I would be able to buy the Simon online instead of going to the mall as I normally did with the SPG. Little would I know that I could not even pass the log in process!
I really want to order under log in and not as a guest because, just how you can track the shipment if you dont have an account?

Would appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar with ordering online from Simon / GCM.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Yes, I may need some help on how to even get pass the log in process.
May be someone can enlighten me on what is going on that I encounter.

I was trying to order Simon's card from Simon end. I have an account with Simon solely for the purpose to register the cards online so they could be used on the net. (from the 5B days). I also have a GCM account set up long time ago but never used to buy anything.

Anyway I was able to log in the Simon account, saw all the prev registered card histories etc, but when I navigated to the Buy GC page, at check out it required fresh log in. Then it would not recognize Simon credential, and also not recognize GCM credential, with correct email address / password.

Then I tried to request a reset of password but the reset email never arrives.

After an hour I called GCM support and the guy over there looked up my GCM email address and confirmed there was no blockage whatsoever. He also saw I requested reset of password. I told him the email never arrives. He said sometimes it takes hours. Just wait. He also said to use Chrome instead of Firefox, despite in the Wiki it said both browsers are good to use.

I am not sure I should keep waiting for the password reset email which I seriously doubt it would ever come, or just go ahead to create a new account with different email address?

All this is due to AA card in the past months have had lots of difficulties but smooth sailing online so I was hoping I would be able to buy the Simon online instead of going to the mall as I normally did with the SPG. Little would I know that I could not even pass the log in process!
I really want to order under log in and not as a guest because, just how you can track the shipment if you dont have an account?

Would appreciate suggestions from those who are familiar with ordering online from Simon / GCM.
Have you checked your spam folder for the password reset email? I have several GCM accounts, all to the same address but with different email addresses. It can't hurt to try another GCM account.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.