Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGC at Sam's Club(2018)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2018, 3:27 pm

I didn't even notice that DOSH was back to 5%, $20 max. I haven't tried it this week, but I can confirm that when they did it a month ago, everything was fine. Unlike CVS, Sam's has a cap already in place.

Just so you know, DOSH uses a rolling 24 hours. So plan your trips accordingly.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 10:58 pm

Just wanted to report back that Dosh did allow the full 5% at Sam's when I bought $250 MCGC x2. Unfortunately, I should have read up on how difficult these are to liquidate, even with the usually agreeable Serve loads at DG or MO at grocers.. I'll still give it a go later this week, but not expecting much.

Also, Yelp is currently having 5% back at Sam's too. Just be aware it runs on same network as Dosh, so you can't stack. Yelp pays out once a month. It's best to add a debit card there and set to primary, so you get cashback in the form of actual cash v. a refund on your CC in which you'll lose the 5% of points from your purchase (I've made that mistake in the past). Again, only worth doing if you can actually liquidate these specific GCs.
Old Oct 8, 2018, 12:56 am

I was coming here to post about Yelp Cashback on Sam's, but you've said pretty much everything I was going to. The only thing I can add is that I saw a post (different forum) that Yelp Cashback won't let you link Discover Cards..
Old Oct 10, 2018, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Trying to take advance of CF Q4. Dosh + Uber will actually let me keep the entire UR gains.
I keep reading how the Uber app gives you 4% credit for shopping at Sam's Club. I'm going out of town next month and might actually have use of uber, so I finally installed the uber app and enabled local offers. No Sam's Club listed. Is there something more I need to do?
Old Oct 10, 2018, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
I keep reading how the Uber app gives you 4% credit for shopping at Sam's Club. I'm going out of town next month and might actually have use of uber, so I finally installed the uber app and enabled local offers. No Sam's Club listed. Is there something more I need to do?
Nope, just hope that Uber has Sam's for that month, and that your local store is included. This past weekend, I went to Sam's but the location was not coming up on Uber, so I missed out.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 7:30 pm

Nope, just hope that Uber has Sam's for that month, and that your local store is included. This past weekend, I went to Sam's but the location was not coming up on Uber, so I missed out.
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep watching and hoping
Old Oct 14, 2018, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by bargainhunter3
Why not the AGC for $500? That's what I'm going to try later today. My local Sams has the AGCs for $500 again. Dosh + Freedom
I'm glad you posted that. I was at SC earlier and because I remembered your comment, I looked a little harder. Under the price sticker of "$53.88" (or whatever it was) was AGC variables up to $500. That should help solve my liquidation problem. Though now I'm going to have to go back and re-read some threads to see if there's a better way to liquidate AGC then using them to buy vgc.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:16 am

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll keep watching and hoping
Delayed reporting but apparently Sam's did register for Uber, even though I couldn't get it to pull up the day I went. I logged back into Uber this week and saw a $20 Visa credit from the Sam's visit. Guess I'll have a great Uber Eats meal this month thanks to this and Amex Plat credit.

Still debating if I wanna get a Sam's membership to take advantage of the Dosh or Yelp CB. On one hand, I can just use my folk's membership whenever I visit them. Plus the locations aren't exactly close to my home. But there's some good Groupon deals for $35 memberships, and as long as I tolerate trying to liquidate $250 GCs, there's $10 to be made after fees...
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:41 am

Though now I'm going to have to go back and re-read some threads to see if there's a better way to liquidate AGC then using them to buy vgc.
don't waste ur time. AGC > VGC > mo/bp
Old Oct 16, 2018, 9:55 am

Delayed reporting but apparently Sam's did register for Uber, even though I couldn't get it to pull up the day I went. I logged back into Uber this week and saw a $20 Visa credit from the Sam's visit. Guess I'll have a great Uber Eats meal this month thanks to this and Amex Plat credit.

Still debating if I wanna get a Sam's membership to take advantage of the Dosh or Yelp CB. On one hand, I can just use my folk's membership whenever I visit them. Plus the locations aren't exactly close to my home. But there's some good Groupon deals for $35 memberships, and as long as I tolerate trying to liquidate $250 GCs, there's $10 to be made after fees...
for how much u bought the gift cards ? ....i bought 2 250s and i didnt get any credit. When i bought for 350 $ , i got 17.5$ uber credit.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu
for how much u bought the gift cards ? ....i bought 2 250s and i didnt get any credit. When i bought for 350 $ , i got 17.5$ uber credit.
I bought $250x2, so add $4.88 fee per card to that. Dosh caps at $20.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:00 pm

Hadn't even thought about using the credit for Uber Eats. That's another plus.

Amex offers also does offers for Sam's Club. Things like "spend $50, get a $5 credit", and yes it works with gc. Good news is it's on-line, so you don't even need to go to Sam's. Bad news is, it's limit one, so it makes for a nice bonus, but it's hardly even pocket change.

As for signing up, when DOSH hits $20 limit, it's worth the extra 15 minutes it takes me to do the deal. But I don't think it would be worth if if it wasn't close to my route to work.
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Thanks. That saves me a lot of re-reading. Though I do wonder if I can do AGC > (online) Amex Serve

Edit: the Serve wiki says no. Loading AGC will appear to work, but will wind up in the account getting flagged.

Last edited by Klemhuzzah; Oct 16, 2018 at 1:14 pm
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Can AGC be used to purchase VGC pretty easily, or are there some tricks? For example, could I go to CVS or Walgreens (or Simon Mall) and use the AGC just like a regular credit card?
Old Oct 16, 2018, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by AmyAnne
Can AGC be used to purchase VGC pretty easily, or are there some tricks? For example, could I go to CVS or Walgreens (or Simon Mall) and use the AGC just like a regular credit card?
It all depends on the cashier. It's definitely wise to not do split transactions. It's a matter of how nosy a cashier wants to be and create their own rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.