Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGC at Sam's Club(2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 9:38 pm

DOSH is offering 8% at Sam's Club, max $15, in-store only. 6/29-7/1.

FYI, you hit the $15 at $187.50, less than one $250 mastercard.
8% makes me heart go flipperty-flop. But a max of $15 means it's probably not worth the 40 min round trip for me. I need to figure out another reason to go to that part of town

More info on DOC's site, https://www.doctorofcredit.com/dosh-...hase-6-29-7-1/
Old Jun 29, 2018, 10:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
8% makes me heart go flipperty-flop. But a max of $15 means it's probably not worth the 40 min round trip for me.
I have a Sam's 10 minutes from my house and even then I'm not sure it's worth the hassle, and it's really $10 profit once you back out the GC activation fee. If you have multiple DOSH accounts and easy ways to liquidate them then I can see the value but $10/day and earning 1x on the purchase just makes me go meh. YMMV.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 8:42 pm

I am using Dosh for the first time. I had no trouble get the $15 back yesterday from a VGC purchase but today's purchase (more than 24 hours rolling window) has not triggered the $15 cash back. Also, the other thing that is concerning is that the Sams club I visited today does not show up in the nearby locations on Dosh map. On a separate note, like others have mentioned the liquidation of these VGC is a big hit or miss. I was able to liquidate the one I bought today for which I did not get Dosh cash back but the one i bought yesterday I was not able to liquidate it. I even tried buying some groceries using a debit PIN and it did not work.
Old Jul 1, 2018, 9:23 pm

The fine print in the DOSH app (I literally used a magnifying glass) says $15 per 24-hour period. I don't know why you didn't get the 2nd cash back. If it doesn't show up, you might try contacting DOSH thru the app.
I've got a Sam's Club that does show up in the app, but closed down a year ago. OTOH, DOSH is also have a good thing going with Exxon-Mobil, and the one closest to my house doesn't show up in the app (but I do get the CB, so yea!)
I was reading the giftcard.com thread from the beginning of the year, and apparently GCM was selling hit-and-miss cards. But it was just a bad batch and eventually worked its way thru the system. Hopefully, the same thing is happening with the SC MC, and liquidation problems will end soon.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 7:01 am

These MC are very difficult to liquidate through grocery -> MO option. But fortunately its working with Masterpass and Plastiq, so was able to pay my rent fee free for 250$
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:21 am

Amex Offer - spend $50, get a $15 statement credit. Expires 7/31/18. Several variations exist, such as $30 spend, or $10 cashback. On-line only, not for in-store.

On-line only has the $200 cards, not the $250, so that's a bummer. But going online is so much quicker than going to the B&M, so I'll take it.
Just a reminder, DOSH works with AMEX.
Old Jul 11, 2018, 9:41 am

the dosh payments still hasnt posted to paypal , anyone seeing the issue ?

Also UBER CREDITS were also not posted for MCGC purchased through samsung pay at sam;s club ,

any idea guys ?
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu

Also UBER CREDITS were also not posted for MCGC purchased through samsung pay at sam;s club ,

any idea guys ?
when did u request payment? I have a few that havent either reqeusted on independence day
Old Jul 11, 2018, 6:59 pm

It was on July 3rd
Old Jul 12, 2018, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu

any idea guys ?

For uber credits , i raised a ticket and they asked me to submit the receipt for sams club purchase. After submitting , it got declined saying that gift cards are not eligible .

Any other DPs regd the gift card purchases for uber credits ?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 12:47 pm

We wanted to give you a heads up that, as of this morning, we are temporarily disabling the Cash Back Multiplier feature in order to provide you with the best possible sharing experience.
Boo... Sounds like they were paying out too much with the sharing.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Boo... Sounds like they were paying out too much with the sharing.
Dosh?
Old Jul 24, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Dosh?
Yep, its a shame. Every once in awhile I'd hit one of those 8.5x ones.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 7:02 pm

Cash multiplier ending.

Shame. The multiplier mad DOSH worth the effort.
Old Jul 24, 2018, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by an mec
Shame. The multiplier mad DOSH worth the effort.
I never got those multipliers!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.