Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MGC at Sam's Club(2018)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2019, 11:53 pm

DOSH got rid of the 2% at Sam's Club. Now it's just $5 for a new membership. Bummer.
Though TBH, I never bothered with only 2%. Hopefully, they'll still do the occasional 8% to lure me back in.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 6:21 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Klemhuzzah
DOSH got rid of the 2% at Sam's Club. Now it's just $5 for a new membership. Bummer.
Though TBH, I never bothered with only 2%. Hopefully, they'll still do the occasional 8% to lure me back in.
That really $ucks!
We use Sams a lot and I was wondering why I was not getting any rebates from Dosh. And now I know.

They were probably forking over too much money. As rebate portals go, Dosh is really meh
Old May 28, 2019, 11:04 am

Amex offer: $25 back on $200+ spend. Online only.

Alas, I didn't get it on any of my Amex cards
Old Sep 1, 2019, 7:54 pm

Just started using Dosh and I'm showing 4% at Sam's Club so I went over and got a $250 MCGC today. That was about 10 hours ago and the purchase has not tracked yet... is this normal?
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:15 pm

Normally, I'd get a "You got Dosh!" text before I even got to the car. But sometimes it'd take a while
Old Sep 1, 2019, 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by jotakami
Just started using Dosh and I'm showing 4% at Sam's Club so I went over and got a $250 MCGC today. That was about 10 hours ago and the purchase has not tracked yet... is this normal?
If it doesn't post after a few days, you can file a request for it. Keep receipt.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 10:33 am

Normally, I'd get a "You got Dosh!" text before I even got to the car. But sometimes it'd take a while
be careful with this dosh co.; right before I bought a vgc at HEB for 2% up to $10, the app clearly showed it was still available... after 2 days w/o a credit, contacted them & was told that they had removed the store on the same date... no way, sent them another msg asking for another look... been 2 days, no reply so far; will send them a tweet or on social media to see that may help
Old Sep 18, 2019, 1:05 am

Sam's Club is back on Dosh for me (5%, $15 max). But I didn't renew my membership when it expired in May. There are many deals that make membership almost free, but it's for "new" members only. How long do I have to wait before I'm considered a new member again?
Old Sep 18, 2019, 6:44 am

Sam's Club is back on Dosh for me (5%, $15 max). But I didn't renew my membership when it expired in May. There are many deals that make membership almost free, but it's for "new" members only. How long do I have to wait before I'm considered a new member again?
Sams Club isn't picky (unlike Costco which tracks membership by state ID/license) -- just use a new email (and new phone if you have another number) and you're a "new member"

I have two Sams memberships going currently since they were money makers -- one from Dec and another from March
Old Sep 18, 2019, 7:23 am

If you have a P2 you can also alternate membership with them.
Old Sep 18, 2019, 9:56 am

Same for me
We use Sams a lot so this rebate along with 2% CB card is a nice savings
Old Sep 18, 2019, 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Jatan
Sams Club isn't picky (unlike Costco which tracks membership by state ID/license) -- just use a new email (and new phone if you have another number) and you're a "new member"

I have two Sams memberships going currently since they were money makers -- one from Dec and another from March
Thanks
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:50 am

Seems like Sams Club register is limiting gift card to $250 for Amex version. Even though AGC version says from 25-500, CSR tried twice but same issues, can be loaded upto $250
Old Sep 19, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Abflying
Seems like Sams Club register is limiting gift card to $250 for Amex version. Even though AGC version says from 25-500, CSR tried twice but same issues, can be loaded upto $250
This is a well known issue at Sams and there are many DPs (reported on this forum as well) that Sams limits the amount that can be loaded to a variable GC.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by Abflying
I think it was the middle of 2017 when SC started doing this for vgc Shortly thereafter, SC stopped carrying the $500 vgc and switched to the $250 ones. Guess the same is happening to Amex. Time will tell.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.