Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:58 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2018. The previous discussion can be found here.

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2018 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:43 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by ecgz88
Just received a letter from Bank AML, inform me will close my account for excessive cash deposits/withdrawals , is it worth write a letter to fight or just let it go?

Thanks!
It is better for your credit report if you pro-actively close the account yourself rather than wait for the bank to do it. I say shut it down ASAP and move on.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 7:55 pm

small banks are more human than algorithms in big banks. find a small bank and have personal banker informed about type of transactions you plan to make. if there is an issue that banker would call you before any shut down
Old Sep 25, 2018, 4:39 pm

Wife and I just got completely axed by@m3x. Call was from Phoenix at 5:30pm central yesterday with no explanation.

Last edited by MileageGoblin; Sep 26, 2018 at 8:57 am Reason: Details redacted based on resolution advice
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Wife and I just got completely axed by@m3x. Call was from Phoenix at 5:30pm central yesterday with no explanation.
This is highly unusual! Many people have done tons of MS on the Old Blue Cash card and others without getting banned.

Last edited by dealhunter32; Sep 26, 2018 at 2:07 pm
Old Sep 25, 2018, 5:56 pm

...Is this RAT team?
Spend has been all organic the past year. Bonuses were received 2+ years ago. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Able to get accounts drained but wife and I used these cards for most of spend...
What kind of business do you do with their competition? Perhaps there's a previously unknown trigger somewhere, and your shutdown was not completely at random.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 6:24 pm

Had a $42 returned payment in June (old checking account I accidentally used)
This is your reason.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by skanchur
This is your reason.
Thanks Captain Obvi.

Anyone else have more, productive advice? Such as how to fix? Probably better to converse via PM...
Old Sep 25, 2018, 7:42 pm
Suspended

Thanks Captain Obvi.

Anyone else have more, productive advice? Such as how to fix? Probably better to converse via PM...
Not sure about that, Ive had a return payment too once.
Old Sep 25, 2018, 11:28 pm

Programs: DL, BA, AA
Interesting. Many that have Amex cards have had Serve and Redbird shut down, MSing 10's of thousands per month, if not more, many bonuses, overspending at Staples, etc. and have not been shut down. Seems to me one return payment wouldn't trigger a complete shutdown.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by worldtravels
... Seems to me one return payment wouldn't trigger a complete shutdown.
Yes, the two events were not even coincidental (being 3 months apart). I got the impression from the story that this shutdown was reviewed by human(s). So I would look for more events that could reasonably be correlated to higher risk for the bank, and something they would be unwilling to disclose (low-equity mortgage, traffic citations, large medical charges to their CC's, who knows).
Old Sep 26, 2018, 7:26 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by worldtravels
Seems to me one return payment wouldn't trigger a complete shutdown.
It certainly can. It's thought that returned payments are viewed as much worse that lates. It's the difference between being forgetful and being bankrupt!
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
It certainly can. It's thought that returned payments are viewed as much worse that lates. It's the difference between being forgetful and being bankrupt!
It's not that you were a bad boy / girl once, it's that a returned payment or other can things draw human eyes, which might not like what they're seeing, which leads to the shutdown. The return payment is just the first domino.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 8:51 am

Originally Posted by wyogold
It's not that you were a bad boy / girl once, it's that a returned payment or other can things draw human eyes, which might not like what they're seeing, which leads to the shutdown. The return payment is just the first domino.
But OP said that all his spending are organic, what story can the human eye can see? it must be something beyond those organic spending.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 9:09 am

Are refunds/returns considered a trigger for shutdown? Didn't know that.
Old Sep 26, 2018, 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by cwh82
Are refunds/returns considered a trigger for shutdown? Didn't know that.
When I flip a house I have multiple returns/refunds on my Amex cards during the 90 to120 days of remodeling and it's never been a problem. Earlier this year I had to return a commercial Viking stove that was damaged during delivery and I had already paid the Amex CC I charged it on and Amex didn't give me any troubles with the large refund amount. I guess it could be a YMMV thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.