Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 3, 2017, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RedSun
This is the thread for 2017 onward. The previous discussion can be found here.

UPDATED Oct-2018: A lot of CVS store take CCs for GC purchases. Some stores check CCs and scan driver's license (with hand scanner). The best GCs are OVVGC and VVGC. The only differences are card designs. The current fee is $5.95 for $25 - $500 variable loading. If prompted for PIN, enter the last 4 digits.

Look for mobile shipping portal with CVS bonus. Certain CCs have category bonus.

CVS is cash only for all Incomm-related reloads and reloadable cards, including Vanilla Reloads and Serve swipe reloads.
See memo to stores for complete list. Other cards at CVS can still be bought using credit, but YMMV depending on location, Manager, etc.

Transaction limits since October 20, 2014:
Transactions with $300 or more of card face value require ID.
Limit $ 2000 of card face value per 24 hour rolling period. (Some are reporting limit of $1000 per 24 hrs as of 2/2018)?
Limit of 10 cards per 24 hours.

Cash Register Freezing
Multiple reports that the CVS cash register will freeze and lock after scanning the ID when purchasing multiple prepaid cards. Then the register's computer needs to be restarted. Some report that "swiping" the ID instead of "scanning" will avoid the issue.

Limit of 7 tenders (swipes) per transaction. This is most commonly run into when using low-value AGCs. After seven, the transaction must be complete, no cash (or any other payment method) will be accepted to pay the balance.

System error after giving them license If you keep getting this error, there could be a problem with the magnetic strip on your license. Have them use the wand to scan it instead.
Print Wikipost

CVS Master Thread(2017 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by ne0ven0m
Thanks for the DP. I think you're the first one posting success for $1k or more. And the first successful DP this morning.
I did $2k last night and received cb in a few minutes. The email came through when I opened the app walking out of the store, not sure if that's coincidence or not. Cashed out to paypal when I got home, we'll see if it shows up.

Cashouts >$350 require secondary review. I was going to cash out every three days, but decided the chance of clawback was too high to go 3 days without cashing out. We'll see if I can cash out again this evening after another purchase.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
Originally Posted by asot550
I did $2k last night and received cb in a few minutes. The email came through when I opened the app walking out of the store, not sure if that's coincidence or not. Cashed out to paypal when I got home, we'll see if it shows up.

Cashouts >$350 require secondary review. I was going to cash out every three days, but decided the chance of clawback was too high to go 3 days without cashing out. We'll see if I can cash out again this evening after another purchase.
thanks for tip re $350 limit. did $6k and cashed out before doing another $6k. The app allows multiple cashouts per day so I think you're right that it's probably wise to cash out as you go.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by TalkingPoint
thanks for tip re $350 limit. did $6k and cashed out before doing another $6k. The app allows multiple cashouts per day so I think you're right that it's probably wise to cash out as you go.
Awesome, thanks for confirming no velocity limit on cash outs. How have you done $6k already? 3 drivers licenses but same card?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: AS 100k, BA GGL, UA 1k, DL DM, AC SE, B6 Mosaic4, Hyatt/Hilton/Wyndham/IHG Diamond, Marriot Ti
multiple forms of ID. only 1 is a DL
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:40 pm

What was the reason why some 2k txn has been cancelled, such that only 1k vgc can be bought while the other is refunded?

Is it because some registers in some states now have velocity limit? Or because buying it at certain time of the day (late night, after midnight)

This seems to happen to some ppl, but doesnt happen to others

I havent gone to CVS on a regular basis ever since the demise of USPS MO, so def a little out of loop
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:26 pm

$20 limit per day?

Bought two vanillas in two subsequent transactions (around 5pm, NYC) - immediately got $20 for one purchase but nothing for the second transaction. Second transaction triggered AmEx fraud alert. Daily $20 limit introduced?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 4:32 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zmicer88
Bought two vanillas in two subsequent transactions (around 5pm, NYC) - immediately got $20 for one purchase but nothing for the second transaction. Second transaction triggered AmEx fraud alert. Daily $20 limit introduced?
New limitation listed in the app (as of about an 1-1.5 hours ago). At least VGC still working.

* At participating in-store locations. Excludes gift card purchases & prescriptions filled at CVS pharmacy. $20 max cash back per day.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by AzLarry
New limitation listed in the app (as of about an 1-1.5 hours ago). At least VGC still working.

* At participating in-store locations. Excludes gift card purchases & prescriptions filled at CVS pharmacy. $20 max cash back per day.
Wow! The limit introduced between 1 & 2 transactions?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:38 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by zmicer88

Wow! The limit introduced between 1 & 2 transactions?
Dosh limits by day or 24 hours so it makes sense that the first $505.95 VGC gets $20 Dosh CB and the second gets $0.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by AzLarry
Dosh limits by day or 24 hours so it makes sense that the first $505.95 VGC gets $20 Dosh CB and the second gets $0.
Just confirmed that second transaction of the day (both txns made after the $20 limit implementation) did not track.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by gnomey
What was the reason why some 2k txn has been cancelled, such that only 1k vgc can be bought while the other is refunded?

Is it because some registers in some states now have velocity limit? Or because buying it at certain time of the day (late night, after midnight)

This seems to happen to some ppl, but doesnt happen to others

I havent gone to CVS on a regular basis ever since the demise of USPS MO, so def a little out of loop
Yeah it happened to me also from last 2 /3 months . I think large MSers id are marked for 1000 $ limit per 24hrs.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:40 pm

Did Dosh update terms again?

Only got $5 on 2 accounts
Old Oct 3, 2018, 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
Did Dosh update terms again?

Only got $5 on 2 accounts
Yup, I see that they changed the terms to $5 max per day.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 9:47 pm

Guess that saves me from going to CVS every day
Old Oct 9, 2018, 8:07 am

Looks like new round of WF Go Far Rewards offers, including CVS. I only got 15% off in store, up to $25. Others are apparently getting as high as 40%.

Dosh supposedly has reverted to 2%/$10 cap, but DPs still suggesting only $5 crediting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.