Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 6, 2017, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2017. The 2018 discussion can be found here.

When reporting/posting here please give as many details as you can or you will be asked for it anyways. Copy and paste the text below and alter as needed.

1. SHUTdn by Bank, Credit Card info. (@m3x, chs3 ,c1t1 and brcl@y)
2. Length of account before closure and CL?
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings?
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months?
5. Cycle CL?
6. Did you BP using both options?
- BP by issuing bank (@m3x, chs3, c1t1 and brcl@y)
- BP by Vis/MC
7. Did you spell out the bank's full name in an internet forum?
Print Wikipost

2017 Shutdown Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by Travelz
Bummer of a day!

1. SHUTdn by chs3 - all 10 cc for 2 ppl clsd
2. Length of account before closure and CL? 2-4yr 8k-15k
3. Average monthly account balance checking and savings? No chs3 checking or savings dpst, used WF and CU. Using 2 bnks may have done it.
4. Volume of ms per month and how many months? 2K for 2 mnths then 5K for 2 mnths on FU. This may have done it.
5. Cycle CL? No
6. Did you BP using both options? No

I have hotel reservations using UR points in Jan and April, so I hope those are ok. Moving all pts to Hyatt.
Wow. I don't see anything in here that remotely screams of concern. Yikes.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by cdog999
Oh well. I can try again in 2 years. I just thought I would share my stupidity.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 7:43 am

4. Volume of ms per month and how many months? 2K for 2 mnths then 5K for 2 mnths on FU. This may have done it.
I have read several DPs that relate to sudden surge of charges on any of their Chase CCs that caused shutdown of that account alone, I'm sorry to hear all of Travelz accounts got shutdown. IIRC, one of the DPs was from a blogger who knew it was the sudden increase in charges got him shutdown; I can't remember if they swept all his accounts in one blow, but other reports were only for specific accounts that didn't affect their other accounts.

Seems like their brats are working double time to purge accts that don't make $$$ for them the way they want.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:03 am

That’s what I was thinking.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by YoungBubbie
That’s what I was thinking.
We're there online gc purchases? I think that's what got me canned at c1t1 and b@rcl@y although my volume was higher.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 3:17 pm

We're there online gc purchases? I think that's what got me canned at c1t1 and b@rcl@y although my volume was higher.
We went to Simon and bought at odd amounts and between the 5k runs we used Chs3 py at WM and they called us each to answer security questions, so that put eyes on our accounts, I guess. This is a great way to pay for college and earn points, which is what we did in the past and that is what I mentioned to them. When will I know if I get bad marks on my credit?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:24 pm

We went to Simon and bought at odd amounts and between the 5k runs we used Chs3 py at WM and they called us each to answer security questions, so that put eyes on our accounts, I guess. This is a great way to pay for college and earn points, which is what we did in the past and that is what I mentioned to them. When will I know if I get bad marks on my credit?
BP @ WM strikes again
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by FrankMS
BP @ WM strikes again
I didn't use BP, Chs3 pay online for purchases when it was 10% up to $250.
Old Sep 23, 2017, 4:43 pm

I feel your pain Travelz. I was shut down in March and 1 month later my wife's account was shut down. Was MSing singup bonuses. Got eyes on the accounts due to stupidly not updating new banking info and had 2 payments returned in succession. Luckily I did get the signup bonuses for most of the big cards just in time.

I can tell you that my credit report was not impacted heavily. Following notes were included in the comment section for each closed card:

Comment - "Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber". I plan on applying after the 12 month window has passed.

Bottom Line: Dont get eyes on your account by doing something stupid

Good Luck!
Old Sep 23, 2017, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by Davyboyo
I feel your pain Travelz. I was shut down in March and 1 month later my wife's account was shut down. Was MSing singup bonuses. Got eyes on the accounts due to stupidly not updating new banking info and had 2 payments returned in succession. Luckily I did get the signup bonuses for most of the big cards just in time.

I can tell you that my credit report was not impacted heavily. Following notes were included in the comment section for each closed card:

Comment - "Credit line closed-grantor request-reported by subscriber". I plan on applying after the 12 month window has passed.

Good Luck!
Thanks, well it is a bummer when a bank wants to end the relationship. We still have good cards to use, but I don't want to burn any more bridges. I will check my credit reports next month.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:02 pm

Thanks, well it is a bummer when a bank wants to end the relationship. We still have good cards to use, but I don't want to burn any more bridges. I will check my credit reports next month.
Don't feel bad. I've had numerous checking shutdowns and a few credit card shutdowns. I'm still going for now, but for anyone that wants to make this a primary career needs to understand how tenuous things can be.

The worst is when a place want to sit on your money. I have one doing that right now and I'm trying to resolve civilly before I start filing complaints since that would definitely ensure a shutdown.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:03 pm

How much of your spend was MS? What did you report as income on your application? What's your utilization on all credit cards from all banks? MS on other cards from other banks? Length of credit?
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb
How much of your spend was MS? What did you report as income on your application? What's your utilization on all credit cards from all banks? MS on other cards from other banks? Length of credit?
exactly. i have the same question. something doesnt make sense. if possible Travelz, please let us know all your other ch@s3 related activities. was your vol seriously only 2K for 2 mnths then 5K for 2 mnths ONLY on FU? no other MS on other chs3 CC or INK+ or CIP or anything else? many recent new accounts on the CRA w/ or w/out Chase?

i am just totally confused and your DP is one of the most recent concerning ones where low vol gets shut down. i mean, what about those INK abusers that go ham & eggs on OD/DM Staples? some claim 50k in one month clean out. like wattf... those should get more eyes than your CFU "abuse".
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:31 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GundamWing01
exactly. i have the same question. something doesnt make sense. if possible Travelz, please let us know all your other ch@s3 related activities. was your vol seriously only 2K for 2 mnths then 5K for 2 mnths ONLY on FU? no other MS on other chs3 CC or INK+ or CIP or anything else? many recent new accounts on the CRA w/ or w/out Chase?

i am just totally confused and your DP is one of the most recent concerning ones where low vol gets shut down. i mean, what about those INK abusers that go ham & eggs on OD/DM Staples? some claim 50k in one month clean out. like wattf... those should get more eyes than your CFU "abuse".

Do you work for Chase?

1st post of yours asks for a lot of detail that could be used against others.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by Davyboyo

Good Luck!
hey davy, mind giving us a few more details of your situation? cant believe just MSing MSR got shut down even with eyes on accounts. cant imagine MSR of 1k-4k+ being a huge issue. but i dont like what i am reading. what do you think as the main reason? MS INK+ or CIP at all? assuming u didnt depo MO.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.