FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Amex Serve master thread (2017-2023) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1812972-amex-serve-master-thread-2017-2023-a.html)

Gitangali Feb 27, 2017 4:57 am

Anybody able to reapply and get approved for serve cards after it was shut down? or it is blocked by the social.

Same question, if you are not able to get approved for the same card after it was shut down, how about a different serve card?

diseased Mar 1, 2017 10:50 pm

Just wanted to know if anyone has been able to load at FD or DG with the OV Meta cards. Accidentally picked up two from 3-letter and tried to load at FD but got invalid card number error.

kitkatft Mar 5, 2017 10:44 am

I'd like to sock-drawer a Serve One VIP card I just signed up for, received, and activated, without paying the $1/month fee.

(I'm not MSing or even signing up for CC bonuses at the moment, but I'd like one "ready to go" in case I get in a pinch.)

In hindsight, I probably should've signed up for a Bluebird, not a Serve One VIP. I got greedy about the extra loadability of the Serve and thought, "The $500 in+out each month won't be that big of a deal to keep up with..."

Now it feels like a really big hassle.

I can figure out how to throw $500/month in w/o ever having to think about it (schedule DD), but is there any way to schedule getting my money back OUT on a regular basis, or am I going to have to take time to log into Serve and manually push money out every time I want it // manually grab money at an ATM?

cashcyclone Mar 5, 2017 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by kitkatft (Post 27994076)
I'd like to sock-drawer a Serve One VIP card I just signed up for, received, and activated, without paying the $1/month fee.

(I'm not MSing or even signing up for CC bonuses at the moment, but I'd like one "ready to go" in case I get in a pinch.)

In hindsight, I probably should've signed up for a Bluebird, not a Serve One VIP. I got greedy about the extra loadability of the Serve and thought, "The $500 in+out each month won't be that big of a deal to keep up with..."

Now it feels like a really big hassle.

I can figure out how to throw $500/month in w/o ever having to think about it (schedule DD), but is there any way to schedule getting my money back OUT on a regular basis, or am I going to have to take time to log into Serve and manually push money out every time I want it // manually grab money at an ATM?

They don't advertise it but if you keep 0 balance they don't charge the fee at all.

Mamibear Mar 6, 2017 7:47 am

Originally Posted by kitkatft (Post 27994076)

for me, I value my 1VIPs more than BB because they can be loaded at DG and FD, aside from WM for free. If I have vanillas, I can load them at the first 2 stores and if they're metas, all three takes them.

have you tried signing up for BB also using the same SSN? try it n see to find out how many cards they'll approve you.

bradpetrik Mar 6, 2017 7:53 am

I'm finding conflicting information so I'm asking for some clarification.

I have an Amex SPG and Serve OneVIP. Will loading the Serve online with the SPG count for minimum spend or not?

Mamibear Mar 6, 2017 8:36 am

Originally Posted by bradpetrik (Post 27998019)
I'm finding conflicting information so I'm asking for some clarification.

I have an Amex SPG and Serve OneVIP. Will loading the Serve online with the SPG count for minimum spend or not?

see post #70

if you still don't believe, try it yourself and find out.

bradpetrik Mar 6, 2017 8:39 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 27998219)
see post #70

if you still don't believe, try it yourself and find out.

Hard to believe it when it's only a statement. Data points are all across the board.

Mamibear Mar 6, 2017 9:13 am

Originally Posted by bradpetrik (Post 27998231)
Hard to believe it when it's only a statement. Data points are all across the board.

it is obvious that it is not the answer you want that's why it's best for you to try it yourself. then, report it here for others to know.

bradpetrik Mar 6, 2017 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 27998373)
it is obvious that it is not the answer you want that's why it's best for you to try it yourself. then, report it here for others to know.

Which I plan on doing. Of course it's not the answer I want because supporting data is conflicting.

mak101 Mar 10, 2017 12:55 pm

I am sure lots of my questions are already answered here many times but things are changing very fast here so asking it again - sorry.

I have BB but since last Jan 16 I can't load into it. Can I apply serve while keeping BB open? Or do I have to close BB and then open serve? If I follow the method shown in wiki to transfer from BB to serve, would they allow me to load? Can I load to serve from RL?

Mamibear Mar 10, 2017 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by mak101 (Post 28019520)
I have BB but since last Jan 16 I can't load into it. Can I apply serve while keeping BB open? Or do I have to close BB and then open serve? If I follow the method shown in wiki to transfer from BB to serve, would they allow me to load? Can I load to serve from RL?

what do you mean you can't load your BB? is there a message saying that you can no longer load funds to your account due to unusual activity or did you check your SPAM folder or inbox for an email notifying you of shutdown? If not, then why do you say you can't load it?

If your BB is NOT shutdown (if you have direct deposit, try to send a small amount and see if it goes through) and if it's blocked it means your account has been shutdown to receive loads. In such case, you cannot switch to Serve using the same SSN because it's likely banned from opening new accounts.

afaik, you can still load Serve with RL using the RL safe but I have no experience with that after reading all issues with the safe being very unreliable.

mak101 Mar 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 28019607)
what do you mean you can't load your BB? is there a message saying that you can no longer load funds to your account due to unusual activity or did you check your SPAM folder or inbox for an email notifying you of shutdown? If not, then why do you say you can't load it?

If your BB is NOT shutdown (if you have direct deposit, try to send a small amount and see if it goes through) and if it's blocked it means your account has been shutdown to receive loads. In such case, you cannot switch to Serve using the same SSN because it's likely banned from opening new accounts.

afaik, you can still load Serve with RL using the RL safe but I have no experience with that after reading all issues with the safe being very unreliable.

Yes I received an email saying I cant load anymore because of unusual activity. Another question - my wife account is still working - can I get serve while keep BB open?

sponge_gto Mar 10, 2017 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by mak101 (Post 28019690)
Yes I received an email saying I cant load anymore because of unusual activity. Another question - my wife account is still working - can I get serve while keep BB open?

You received that email "last Jan 16"? Is that 16 the year or the date? Either way, some people have since closed their BB/Serve accounts and successfully re-opened them while I have not had luck myself.

12HRS Mar 11, 2017 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by sponge_gto (Post 28020069)
You received that email "last Jan 16"? Is that 16 the year or the date? Either way, some people have since closed their BB/Serve accounts and successfully re-opened them while I have not had luck myself.

I have not seen any data of people being shutdown being able to reopen. Can you provide data points?