Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2017, 9:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Note: The 2017 posts are here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1819656-five-back-visa-card-2017-a.html

EDIT 2/3/17 @ 6pm: Rumors suggest Kmart is (or perhaps already has) dropped out of the program. We have two DPs of swipes at Kmart on 2/2 that received 5B on 2/3 (posts #1395 and #1400). Perhaps swipes through "end of week" will receive 5B... could mean 'til the end of Friday 2/3 or Sunday 2/5 or who knows. Please post DPs.

CVS - No longer working
Kmart - Hit & Miss for buying MOs
Staples & Staples.com - Confirmed working but limited to $200/$300 cards
Lowes - Confirmed working but limited to $200 cards

EDIT 1/29/17: Making 5B great again!

EDIT 1/28/17: The gravy train is over

EDIT 1/20/17 @ 2pm EST: At least 2 DPs of 5B posting today (1/20/17) from CVS transactions that took place on Thursday 1/19.

EDIT 1/18/17: CVS is still part of the 5B program. You should still be getting 5B for purchases there. If you aren't, then you should call in. There is no use in posting DPs until on or after the 1/20/17 published CV-Sexit.
Print Wikipost

Five Back Visa Gift Card? (2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2016, 8:50 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Originally Posted by iahphx
My local supermarkets (Albertsons-owned) are again offering these Five Backs below cost. My "problem" is that I've found only one local CVS that will let me buy a gift card with them, and it's kind of a lengthy process with them typing in my ID and lots of button pushing. My local KMart isn't super convenient, but it might be worth a trip if I can buy MOs there. Does anyone know what the swipe limit and MO limit is at Kmart? Do they tend to be as "chill" as Walmart on this type of thing?
Obviously location-dependent, but in my part of California, they are pretty chill. They do not allow split tender, but they have no problem with debit and have never asked to see the card. I usually do bill pay at Kmart, but MOs work too.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 4:16 am

DP - Out of 14 Simon Five Backs VGCs purchased and used as debit over the last week 11 of them had the 5% added back to the card in just over 24 hours. The other three required calls and the opening of tickets. Not a bad percentage compared to what I originally experienced using the $200 ones from OD/OM in the last couple months.
Old Nov 14, 2016, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone tried using their Five Back cards at the online stores of participating merchants, like Staples.com? I see nothing that excludes online purchases from the 5% back.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by cbn42
Obviously location-dependent, but in my part of California, they are pretty chill. They do not allow split tender, but they have no problem with debit and have never asked to see the card. I usually do bill pay at Kmart, but MOs work too.
Is one swipe per bill payment hard coded at Kmart?
Old Nov 15, 2016, 2:36 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
Data point for today. I went to my Simon mall in Fort Myers, FL the Edison Mall. They had signage for fee free Amex Gift cards (of course for paying cash). I asked for any other cards (Visa, 5 Back, ect...) and they said that they just changed and are now only selling the Amex. I was like "Oh Crap"! Will have to try the other Simon mall, Coconut Pointe in Estero later in the week.

Cheers!
JudyJFLA

Last edited by JudyJFLA; Nov 15, 2016 at 2:44 pm
Old Nov 15, 2016, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA
Data point for today. I went to my Simon mall in Fort Myers, FL the Edison Mall. They had signage for fee free Amex Gift cards (of course for paying cash). I asked for any other cards (Visa, 5 Back, ect...) and they said that they just changed and are now only selling the Amex. I was like "Oh Crap"! Will have to try the other Simon mall, Coconut Pointe in Estero later in the week.

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Your mall may have changed management and no longer a Simon's mall.

You may want to check Simon's website to make sure your area's malls are still Simon's Malls.
Old Nov 15, 2016, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by JudyJFLA

Cheers!
JudyJFLA
Edison Mall was sold, IIRC the last time I bought there was in February or so...
Old Nov 16, 2016, 10:42 am

Programs: Several dozen
Are the 5% Back Visa® Simon Giftcards Metabank cards?

Are the rack carded Simon gift cards Metabank cards?

Meta bank cards have become carda non grata for USPS MOs down here.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 12:19 pm

Yes, the Simon fiveback cards are Metabank.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Are the 5% Back Visa® Simon Giftcards Metabank cards?

Are the rack carded Simon gift cards Metabank cards?

Meta bank cards have become carda non grata for USPS MOs down here.
All Simon's cards regardless varieties are issued by Meta.

FB are rack cards with package. There is the Gray color loose Simon card also available as rack card. Rumor is Simon will switch to packaged rack cards once the loose cards are depleted.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
All Simon's cards regardless varieties are issued by Meta.

FB are rack cards with package. There is the Gray color loose Simon card also available as rack card. Rumor is Simon will switch to packaged rack cards once the loose cards are depleted.
The 5 back at my Simons are packaged ones, but are kept with CSR.

They're similar to the ones found at grocery but it has a magstripe in one end. You'll have to peel the tab in the back to match the numbers on the receipt.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by lumangoy
The 5 back at my Simons are packaged ones, but are kept with CSR.

They're similar to the ones found at grocery but it has a magstripe in one end. You'll have to peel the tab in the back to match the numbers on the receipt.
Some Simons have these available on racks in one or more area of the mall. I would avoid buying these and get them directly from a CSR if you can since they have a magstrip with the CC info on the package and anyone can buy a pocket CC skimmer off Ebay or Amazon and get that info before you even buy the cards.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:16 pm

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by Prometheus77
Some Simons have these available on racks in one or more area of the mall. I would avoid buying these and get them directly from a CSR if you can since they have a magstrip with the CC info on the package and anyone can buy a pocket CC skimmer off Ebay or Amazon and get that info before you even buy the cards.
That's almost certainly not correct. The mag stripe has a code to charge the card, but not the # of the card itself. It's probably a form of public key encryption, just like when you have to rip the back of some GCs to read the barcode to load them, but that bar code gives no info that can be used to clone the card.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:28 pm

What's the fee and max load for FB cards sold at Simon's?
Old Nov 16, 2016, 3:42 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
Originally Posted by MaxVO
What's the fee and max load for FB cards sold at Simon's?
$3.95 and $500 unless you have a corporate account or something like that

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.