Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The 2017 thread is here
Print Wikipost

Simon mall gift cards(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:08 am

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
Originally Posted by NYCFLYER85
Sorry for being unclear. I have spent the full amount on the card, and that is reflected when I "check balance" online.

So, it's been since Friday (full funds used at CVS Friday and Saturday), and no cash back.

But the funds used on different cards Monday yielded cash back right away.
Needs to be here
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...gift-card.html
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:51 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Moderator Note:

Posts concerning the "Five Back" gift cards have been moved to the following thread: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...t-card-29.html

Please continue the discussion there and reserve this thread for the "regular" Simon VGC.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 8:59 am

Posts concerning the Five Back should be deleted and sent to a big black hole.

Back on track:

Are your local Simons not selling certain "regular" designs due to the holidays? I can't seem to find any Fashion and Silver cards so I've been using the full deep red ones...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 2:13 pm

First time buying visa gift card online. I was trying to get two $500 FB cards with my amex but I am getting the belowerror message even though it shows up under pending. Do I get banned my first time? Also, will simon charge as cash advance on my credit card?

"Your order could not be completed because the transcation was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by the card issuer. Please review your payment information for any necessary corrections"
Old Dec 21, 2016, 3:42 pm

Do I get banned my first time? Also, will simon charge as cash advance on my credit card?
Maybe and No.
The message you got might mean you were banned--but it might mean that your credit card didn't approve the transaction, suspecting fraud. Check with your credit card customer service and if they have a record of denying the transaction, confirm it was yours and ask that it be approved when you resubmit it. On the other hand, if it has no record of the transaction, it was gcm that presented you with the message for reasons of its own and you are likely toast. On the second question, I've never heard of these purchases ringing up as cash advances.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 4:40 am

Anyone know how chase categorizes gc purchases at Simon malls?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:42 am

Originally Posted by Johnm2
regular purchase
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:12 pm

In Chase's BLUEPRINT my mall shows up under "Wholesale Clubs and Discount Stores"
Old Dec 23, 2016, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mcsher
In Chase's BLUEPRINT my mall shows up under "Wholesale Clubs and Discount Stores"
Ditto.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Interesting, I wonder if Discover codes similarly. Wholesale clubs are a first quarter 2017 Discover bonus category.

Does anyone here know?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:41 pm

is there a daily limit with simon mall online gcs?
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:29 pm

Thanks. Is there a way for me to check this? I've looked all over but I can't see how a charge is categorized.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 5:19 pm

Thanks. Is there a way for me to check this? I've looked all over but I can't see how a charge is categorized.
Because of the new interface, only on the business card I can do since business ones are staying with the old interface. I looked but I don't know if it's possible to use blueprint on the consumer cards with the new interface. You might have to call to find out...

Majority of CC issuers don't categorize Simon as discount stores/wholesale but specialty or department stores or misc merchandise, etc anyway. So far only Chase...
Old Dec 24, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vagrants
Because of the new interface, only on the business card I can do since business ones are staying with the old interface. I looked but I don't know if it's possible to use blueprint on the consumer cards with the new interface. You might have to call to find out...

Majority of CC issuers don't categorize Simon as discount stores/wholesale but specialty or department stores or misc merchandise, etc anyway. So far only Chase...
AMEX classifies it as
Category: Other - Miscellaneous
Old Dec 24, 2016, 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by tigersgt
First time buying visa gift card online. I was trying to get two $500 FB cards with my amex but I am getting the belowerror message even though it shows up under pending. Do I get banned my first time? Also, will simon charge as cash advance on my credit card?

"Your order could not be completed because the transcation was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by the card issuer. Please review your payment information for any necessary corrections"
Go ask gift card mall not Simon physical stores thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.