Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for 2016. The previous megathread is here.

The 2017 thread is here
Print Wikipost

Simon mall gift cards(2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2016, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by tuphat
If you're going to buy a Vanilla product, why does anyone buy a Vanilla GC, if One Vanilla's are also available? OV's fee is a dollar less.

Added bonus: nowhere on a OV (most recent design) does the word "GIFT" appear.
the one and only time i bought OV (with the wave-like background, this one http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...OneVanilla.jpg) was from SC. but i couldnt liquidate it anywhere at all, even when i use it to purchase candy or lunch.

and i know this was not an isolated problem. bc others were complaining at the SC FT thread as well. so ever since then, i stayed away from the OV card.

i dont see the fee being cheaper. it is $4.95, isnt it? on par with the Vanilla black and white gift box, with a big GIFT word on the card
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by gnomey
the one and only time i bought OV (with the wave-like background, this one http://frequentmiler.boardingarea.co...OneVanilla.jpg) was from SC. but i couldnt liquidate it anywhere at all, even when i use it to purchase candy or lunch.

and i know this was not an isolated problem. bc others were complaining at the SC FT thread as well. so ever since then, i stayed away from the OV card.

i dont see the fee being cheaper. it is $4.95, isnt it? on par with the Vanilla black and white gift box, with a big GIFT word on the card
I have never had a problem liquidating the OV that you linked to.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by carlitos
Nop. Only problem is that here they only like to do single transactions in the CVSs I frequent, so I do $495 and buy the ones that have $4.95 fee instead of the ones that have $5.95 fee. That way I leave $0.05 cents in the card and run them as DEBIT, because they like PIN transactions for security purposes in my neck of the wood. So far, half of the cards have showed the 5% cash back and still waiting for the most recent ones to show it.
Thanks, I plan to do single transactions.

Originally Posted by cdog999
Did you get your Simon Five Backs? I put in 3 different orders on multiple days around Thanksgiving and have not received them. I called them today and they said if I have not received them by next Wenesday to call back and they would rush them to me. A month seems like a long time. GCM direct has been around 7-10 days for me.
That seems like a long time. I ordered from Simon online Dec 11 and 14 and received 2 emails today stating "Your recent order from Simon has been sent on 12/16/2016. Below are the details of your order:"

Originally Posted by dothemath
I know that some people can consolidate FBs into a new one, but can you generally buy a gc using another one? I am thinking to go for their AmEx promo and buy a $100 gc, but I would like to use smaller denomination gcs (MC/Visa) in order to get rid of them. Will that work?
That would be a good option. I was going to use the $25 on vacations at CVS to get some basic stuff like water, pop and snacks but I guess I might have a few of them.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by Travelz
That seems like a long time. I ordered from Simon online Dec 11 and 14 and received 2 emails today stating "Your recent order from Simon has been sent on 12/16/2016. Below are the details of your order:"
I got 3 emails that said:
Your recent order from Simon has been sent on 11/30/2016. Below are the details of your order:
still nothing in the mail from them. Really starting to get me mad. They said they would come in separate envelopes for the separate order. Definitely on them right now...
Old Dec 16, 2016, 3:55 pm

I got 3 emails that said:

still nothing in the mail from them. Really starting to get me mad. They said they would come in separate envelopes for the separate order. Definitely on them right now...
I see, well I might tell them to resend them now if you can. That is a long time. I will post when I get mine from SM.

I got the FB that I ordered from GCM today and I was able to buy vanillas at CVS as debit in separate transactions. I put 495 on each and I will get MO at PO for 988.40 and ask to split the payment.

The math on these FB are good even with fees.

BUY Simon FB (4x500) 2017.85 + Vanilla(4.95 x 4) + (PO MO 1.60 x 2) = Fees $40.85

GET $40 on 2% cc and $25 back on each card

Am I missing anything?
Old Dec 16, 2016, 4:15 pm

I see, well I might tell them to resend them now if you can. That is a long time. I will post when I get mine from SM.

I got the FB that I ordered from GCM today and I was able to buy vanillas at CVS as debit in separate transactions. I put 495 on each and I will get MO at PO for 988.40 and ask to split the payment.

The math on these FB are good even with fees.

BUY Simon FB (4x500) 2017.85 + Vanilla(4.95 x 4) + (PO MO 1.60 x 2) = Fees $40.85

GET $40 on 2% cc and $25 back on each card

Am I missing anything?
I called twice. Said i have to wait until Wednesday before they can resend. Ridiculous...

I got all 3 of my gcm orders very quickly.
Old Dec 16, 2016, 7:02 pm

I called twice. Said i have to wait until Wednesday before they can resend. Ridiculous...

I got all 3 of my gcm orders very quickly.
That is crazy. I suppose most people are going to SM to buy them.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 8:40 am

That is crazy. I suppose most people are going to SM to buy them.
Yeah. They escalated a ticket. Couldnt give me an SLA. Think i will call daily.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 1:37 pm

My SM order arrived today, so between 5 & 7 days for each order to arrive.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:24 pm

My SM order arrived today, so between 5 & 7 days for each order to arrive.
So it should come around same as a normal gcm purchase. I'm really wondering what happened to mine. Were they normal looking five backs or simon specific five backs?
Old Dec 19, 2016, 6:32 pm

So it should come around same as a normal gcm purchase. I'm really wondering what happened to mine. Were they normal looking five backs or simon specific five backs?
GCM and in-mall are red for $500s. In-mall has raised numbers, online do not.
Old Dec 19, 2016, 10:04 pm

For some reason all my orders via GCM or Simon not going through. It comes up as card declined or an error with the order. But the problem is GCM puts a pending charge on the card. Anyone had similar issues? Thanks.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by anubond005
For some reason all my orders via GCM or Simon not going through. It comes up as card declined or an error with the order. But the problem is GCM puts a pending charge on the card. Anyone had similar issues? Thanks.
Billing address matching the shipping? They wouldn't ship to me when I made this different. I had to use a different card and use the same address to get the order through.
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:08 am

Well, maybe I'll put in a new order since it appears to be a fluke that I didn't get mine from November. Any one know if Simon Mall online orders count toward the GCM monthly amount?
Old Dec 20, 2016, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Amex For Children Of Africa
Billing address matching the shipping? They wouldn't ship to me when I made this different. I had to use a different card and use the same address to get the order through.
Yes. U may be right. I was using my office as shipping address. Let me try again. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.