FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift cards(2016)
View Single Post
Old Dec 16, 2016, 5:29 am
Travelz

Originally Posted by carlitos
Nop. Only problem is that here they only like to do single transactions in the CVSs I frequent, so I do $495 and buy the ones that have $4.95 fee instead of the ones that have $5.95 fee. That way I leave $0.05 cents in the card and run them as DEBIT, because they like PIN transactions for security purposes in my neck of the wood. So far, half of the cards have showed the 5% cash back and still waiting for the most recent ones to show it.
Thanks, I plan to do single transactions.

Originally Posted by cdog999
Did you get your Simon Five Backs? I put in 3 different orders on multiple days around Thanksgiving and have not received them. I called them today and they said if I have not received them by next Wenesday to call back and they would rush them to me. A month seems like a long time. GCM direct has been around 7-10 days for me.
That seems like a long time. I ordered from Simon online Dec 11 and 14 and received 2 emails today stating "Your recent order from Simon has been sent on 12/16/2016. Below are the details of your order:"

Originally Posted by dothemath
I know that some people can consolidate FBs into a new one, but can you generally buy a gc using another one? I am thinking to go for their AmEx promo and buy a $100 gc, but I would like to use smaller denomination gcs (MC/Visa) in order to get rid of them. Will that work?
That would be a good option. I was going to use the $25 on vacations at CVS to get some basic stuff like water, pop and snacks but I guess I might have a few of them.