Wiki Posts
Search

The MS life...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
The MS life...

I think the vast majority of us on here treat MS as a second job rather than a hobby, so with that said I guess we can consider ourselves "coworkers". And since most of our friends and family don't understand what we do or go thru, I figured I'd create a thread for us coworkers to just to kind of banter back and forth about the awesomely wonderful (yet exhausting) MS life.

As I was at my 8th or 9th stop on my way home tonite I realized that I don't remember the last time I went to a Walmart, Target or even a grocery store where my main priority wasn't something MS related. It has to be at least a year. That's just crazy!

I also realized that I'm not as friendly to strangers while MS'ing. So to the poor kid that was desperately trying to get my attention in the Walmart parking lot tonite while I pretended to be deaf: I'm sorry. You probably just needed to use my phone or ask for a couple bucks so you could get home, and I just ignored you. But I have to assume you are a thief and/or a murderer when I have 4-5 figures worth of untraceable funds on me. I hope you understand... I also hope someone nicer than me was able to help you out
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
But I have to assume you are a thief and/or a murderer when I have 4-5 figures worth of untraceable funds on me. I hope you understand... I also hope someone nicer than me was able to help you out

LOOOOOL...here's another painfully awkward FTer who lacks self-awareness and basic common sense....
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:24 pm

I think you misread the post, captain.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by pillow25
LOOOOOL...here's another painfully awkward FTer who lacks self-awareness and basic common sense....
Good job describing yourself.. But, on the positive side, you dont lack self-awareness..
Old Apr 23, 2015, 9:57 pm

Programs: Several dozen
A mere pittance in the days of the mint.

...4-5 figures worth of untraceable funds...
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:13 pm

But I have to assume you are a thief and/or a murderer when I have 4-5 figures worth of untraceable funds on me
Walmart sells gun, ya know! You'll also earn 4% or 5% cash back when you buy it with MS cards...there you have it...MS and attain the protection you seek

On the other hand, I got so sick and tired of hauling my MS tools, I carry like ten or fifteen MS cards, Paypal, Amex Old, a bunch of gift cards, other stuff..I got so sick of that, I leave them in the car now. I don't give a $hit anymore.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:02 am

Programs: AA, Southwest
Yep. I always see the Boy Scouts out in front of Kroger. I bought their $5 fundraiser card but after I see them at 30 Kroger stops I just want them to get out of my way and let me do my MS.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 7:10 am

Programs: free agent
I tend to do MS after work, and def yes it feel like I'm heading for 2nd job at either target or Walmart or Simon Mall. I find it psychologically easier for workers to treat me like normal if I show up with nice work clothes instead of cozy weekend clothes.

Lastly, you know you are true MSer when you put Chase Freedom in front of the wallet or dining gift card purchase @ staples with Chase biz card and happily using them to cover dinners @ restaurants after TGT or WM runs (I rarely cook!)
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: AA is all for now.
We should totally make one of those "You know if you are an MSer when...." articles. Could be amusing.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: All of them
Who will be the first to tattoo "MS Life" in gothic letters across their stomach?
Old Apr 24, 2015, 9:57 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
The encounters that a MS'er experience everyday is worth a sitcom,movie, or even a video game...but again we don't need more exposure you know..
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: AA, DL, Hyatt, Hilton
Originally Posted by littlewinglet
Who will be the first to tattoo "MS Life" in gothic letters across their stomach?
I live in an area where WMs are fairly sparce, but there happened to be one close to where I work. The first time in my life that Ive ever stepped into a WM, ever, was last year to unload some VGCs. (Keep in mind I'm also foreign, so maybe thats another reason why). Since then, Ive gone back for that purpose many many times. However, on these trips, Ive also made some random purchases such as potting soil, pillow cases, and home improvement tools (minor things like nails etc). MS got me into WM and got me purchasing their products - I'm now a WM customer!

If they ever consider closing down their MS avenue, they should take a minute to think about how many new customers its brought to their stores!
Old Apr 24, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Anomalychick
We should totally make one of those "You know if you are an MSer when...." articles. Could be amusing.
Let's kick it off...

You know your an MSer when you peel the cardboard off VGCs at Staples while waiting in line because you know it will take the cashier a minute per card...
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pointchaser93
Let's kick it off...

You know your an MSer when you peel the cardboard off VGCs at Staples while waiting in line because you know it will take the cashier a minute per card...
..or when you can walk them through the cash register steps to complete your transaction efficiently, without it sounding strange that you know that.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Anomalychick
When you tell your wife to get her wallet because its time to circulate the cards she's going to carry .... this quarter

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.