Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The MS life...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by Anomalychick
You REALLY know you're an MSer when you get pulled over speeding because you're trying to squeeze in a quick trip to target before you bring your friend to the airport and when you open your purse to find your driver's license 20 money orders fall out while the cop stares at them.

This happened to me yesterday...
Seems like you need a bigger purse...
Old Apr 30, 2015, 9:29 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton
You REALLY know you're an MSer when you get pulled over speeding because you're trying to squeeze in a quick trip to target before you bring your friend to the airport and when you open your purse to find your driver's license 20 money orders fall out while the cop stares at them.

This happened to me yesterday...
What did the cop say???? (cue suspenseful music)
Old Apr 30, 2015, 12:33 pm

Programs: Spire Amb IHG, HH Gold, TR Diamond, Mlife Plat, National Exec, Avis Pref Plus
Yes, what did the cop say?

*Grabs the popcorn*
Old Apr 30, 2015, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA is all for now.
The cop said absolutely nothing. Not a word. I don't know why he said absolutely nothing, but he simply pretended he didn't see it even though I know for sure he did. I wish I had a better story, but I don't. he just wrote me a speeding ticket and and told me to hurry up and get to airport, but not to speed on the way there.

So here is a better one.... When I was 17 I was in a cemetary with some friends, looking to see if it was haunted. We had bought a pound of sage online, to burn in case a spirit followed us home. This was in Marlboro NJ. Maybe Manalapan, I don't remember. It turned out someone had vandalized that cemetary recently and they were watching it, so we were pulled over for tresspassing. When I reached into my glove compartment to get my registration, a gallon freezer bag completely stuffed with sage fell out and landed on the empty passenger seat. I will never forget the look on that woman's face... Things went downhill from there. She calls for backup, she goes to ID my friend sitting in the backseat. When he reaches into his pocket for his wallet shes sure he's going for a gun since we appear to have about 50K in drugs on us, so he is dragged from the car by two cops and pinned to the ground.
Pretty soon what im sure was the entire police department shows up, but nobody can positively determine what drug it is exactly that we have in that bag. (Since it's really just sage, but of course nobody is listening to me.) They decided they need to bring a K9 unit out before they can arrest us, but the township doesn't have one. Since they can't arrest us, but they sure can't let us go, someone finally wakes up the chief of police at 2am and asks him to come down there and figure out how to handle the situation.
We wait. We more or less get heckled and threatened with life in prison until almost 3 in the morning. The guy finally shows up. He's clearly irritated. He takes one look at the bag, one look at the group of cops scratching their heads, one more look at the bag... He walks up to me, gives me $5 and tells me to buy myself a cup of coffee so I don't fall asleep on the way home. We get in the car and I start to pull away. Behind us, I hear him shouting "DO YOU KNOW WHATS IN THAT BAG YOU MORON?!?!?! ITS SAGE!!! MY NEIGHBOR GROWS IT IN HER BACKYARD!!!! NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU CAN IDENTIFY SAGE? YOU WOKE ME UP AT 2AM AND TERRORIZED SOME KIDS BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL TOO STUPID TO IDENTIFY COMMON KITCHEN SPICES??!?!"
Old Apr 30, 2015, 3:09 pm

The cop said absolutely nothing. Not a word. I don't know why he said absolutely nothing, but he simply pretended he didn't see it even though I know for sure he did. I wish I had a better story, but I don't. he just wrote me a speeding ticket and and told me to hurry up and get to airport, but not to speed on the way there.

So here is a better one.... When I was 17 I was in a cemetary with some friends, looking to see if it was haunted. We had bought a pound of sage online, to burn in case a spirit followed us home. This was in Marlboro NJ. Maybe Manalapan, I don't remember. It turned out someone had vandalized that cemetary recently and they were watching it, so we were pulled over for tresspassing. When I reached into my glove compartment to get my registration, a gallon freezer bag completely stuffed with sage fell out and landed on the empty passenger seat. I will never forget the look on that woman's face... Things went downhill from there. She calls for backup, she goes to ID my friend sitting in the backseat. When he reaches into his pocket for his wallet shes sure he's going for a gun since we appear to have about 50K in drugs on us, so he is dragged from the car by two cops and pinned to the ground.
Pretty soon what im sure was the entire police department shows up, but nobody can positively determine what drug it is exactly that we have in that bag. (Since it's really just sage, but of course nobody is listening to me.) They decided they need to bring a K9 unit out before they can arrest us, but the township doesn't have one. Since they can't arrest us, but they sure can't let us go, someone finally wakes up the chief of police at 2am and asks him to come down there and figure out how to handle the situation.
We wait. We more or less get heckled and threatened with life in prison until almost 3 in the morning. The guy finally shows up. He's clearly irritated. He takes one look at the bag, one look at the group of cops scratching their heads, one more look at the bag... He walks up to me, gives me $5 and tells me to buy myself a cup of coffee so I don't fall asleep on the way home. We get in the car and I start to pull away. Behind us, I hear him shouting "DO YOU KNOW WHATS IN THAT BAG YOU MORON?!?!?! ITS SAGE!!! MY NEIGHBOR GROWS IT IN HER BACKYARD!!!! NOT A SINGLE ONE OF YOU CAN IDENTIFY SAGE? YOU WOKE ME UP AT 2AM AND TERRORIZED SOME KIDS BECAUSE YOU'RE ALL TOO STUPID TO IDENTIFY COMMON KITCHEN SPICES??!?!"
Now that's a story!

Manufactured Sage! From the neighbor's garden!
Old Apr 30, 2015, 5:01 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
Manufactured Sage!
I admit it, I snorted.
Old May 2, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: Chase Ultimate, Amex, Delta, AA, BA Avios, United, US Airways, Marriott, Hilton

AHHH...SATISFIED

^^^^ 4 THUMBS UP. Worth retelling to friends pretending this happened to you. lolz
Old May 2, 2015, 1:01 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, MR Plat, DM Silver, RR, AA, US, BA
You really know you're a MS'er when...

You carry two wallets.. one for cash, ids, and credit cards. The other to hold your money orders and gift cards!
Old May 2, 2015, 9:10 pm

This post gave me a good laugh and really brought back some memories (both good and bad). I can def identify myself with many fellows here.

So...you really know you're a MS'er when:

1) Cashiers and managers at Rite Aid, CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, Walmart etc., know you pretty well. And you're familiar with some cashiers' schedule BC they're easier to do business with...

2) when you travel to a new place, you can't help using Google map to locate the aforementioned stores nearby...

3) You have so many credit cards (primary and authorized), prepaid cards, gift cards, PayPal myCash cards, vanilla reloads, moneyPaks, different bank accounts, Amazon payment accounts (and thus many email addresses) that eventually you give up and make a spreadsheet to handle all of them...

4) You have STACKABLE amount of used visa/mastercard gift cards and money order receipts...

5) Most importantly, you've been shut down at least once by bancorp, greendot, or paypal.

Last edited by walkingingotham; May 2, 2015 at 9:21 pm
Old May 2, 2015, 11:53 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
You know you are a MS'er.....

When you wish winter never ends....so you can use that jacket of yours with gazillion pockets to hide your assortment stash of GC,MO,Pre Paid cards, multiple wallets, etc.....heck I wore my jacket today in a 75 degree weather driving to my favorite stores in an AC-less car (really great timing Audi!)...
Old May 3, 2015, 4:30 am

everyone at all your regular MS stores thinks you're either a drug dealer or money launderer.

you purposely don't get everything at the store because you have x more MS stops.
Old May 3, 2015, 3:30 pm

When you show up at OD a half hour after it opens today, the cashier tells you they don't have any vgc's left because, one guy just came in and, "bought all of em, including the ones in the back," and you don't know whether to be mad or impressed...
Old May 3, 2015, 4:08 pm

You know you are a MS'er.....

when you try to convince your highly educated spouse to consider a part time job at the WM customer service center so you can unload as many gift cards as you'd like
Old May 3, 2015, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA UA
I don't know if I'm a MS'er.....

BUT I am ashamed to show family members how many CC I carry in my wallet (four CC and one prepaid). And I can only talk about these on FT.

A family member spent about 1million on business trips past few years. Once I suggested to him to consider a new mileage CC and told him I applied for a new CC so I can earn some points. He regarded me as a criminal and told me I should not apply for so many cards. "It would ruin your credit", he said. He uses two CCs loyally which get him up to 1% of cash back on qualifying spending.

I can watch and learn a lot from this forum. But Shhh.. don't tell...
Old May 3, 2015, 7:59 pm

MS

1) Cashiers and managers at Rite Aid, CVS, Duane Reade, Walgreens, Walmart etc., know you pretty well. And you're familiar with some cashiers' schedule BC they're easier to do business with... which Duanne reades take CC for VGC and what RA do you use? They are no good anymore for MO and PPal cards are not my cup of tea, also all their GC are vanilla, hard to unload!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.