Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The MS life...

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2015, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by GrayAnderson
I regularly use an old Vietnam-era flak vest (the mag pockets are nice for all the cards I'd be carrying around, and the one sans cards is nicely positioned for me to stash sunglasses in).
Worn with or without armor plating?
Old May 7, 2015, 9:17 am

Maybe women have an edge at carrying tons of cards and Mo's. No one bats an eye at a purse with a bunch of zipper compartments inside.
Old May 7, 2015, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by tuphat
All those cards... is the armor plating.

Someone needs to post how many cards it takes to stop a .22
Old May 9, 2015, 5:36 am

Programs: straight cash homey
You know you are MSer when...

You load your GCs at Kate and after you check to make they loaded to your account you walk out of the store feeling like Jason Bourne.
Old May 9, 2015, 8:42 am

I was in the customer svc line at the grocery store to pay for my Reloadits, waiting behind other people buying/cashing out their scratch lottery tickets....

Now every time I scratch off the back of my Reloadits, I think to myself "I Win!"
Old May 9, 2015, 12:35 pm

Programs: Several dozen
Then there are Scott's travel boxers with two pockets! Hey, is that a big stack of gift cards in your shorts, or are you just glad to see me?

Originally Posted by AJollyLife
ScottEvests. So many pockets!!!
Old May 10, 2015, 9:42 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hilton Diamond Marriott Diamond Hyatt Diamond
You Know You Are MSer When...

You know you are an MS'er when.......

1. Your orders for AMEX gift cards are denied because you've exceeded the limit of $100K every 14 days.

2. The clerks at Wal-Mart schedule you to come at times separate from other MS'ers.

3. Your Kmart regular clerk for bill pays has your Name, Address, Phone and Credit card numbers all memorized.

4. You search (and find) a clerk at Kmart who can do bill pays $500 at a time faster than doing $2K bill pays at Wally.

5. Your wife and kids participate in gift card schucking on a daily basis.

6. Your CVS orders *extra* Vanilla GC to make sure they have enough on hand for your purchases.

7. You've given up on telling friends / relatives about MS because they either think you are doing something illegal or are just too lazy to make money.

8. You take your extended family on vacation for free to Europe or Hawaii all with manufactured points.

9. You, your spouse, adult children, and extended family haven't paid for gas in a couple of years. You no longer think about fuel economy since gasoline is free.

10. You get giddy when TCB has a sale on AGC.

11. You laugh at the travel bloggers because you earned your Southwest Companion pass in 2 or 3 statement cycles.

12. 15K liquidation is a low volume day.

13. You feel naked when you aren't carrying around 10K of some sort of gift card.

14. You manage your credit score and make sure you make your bill pays before 7PM Eastern.

More to come....
Old May 11, 2015, 8:33 pm

You know you are a MSer

When you are shutting down bridges to protect your stash of cards from lousy New Yorkers.

http://watchdog.org/217942/christie-nj-expense-account/

"Christie did most of his serious food shopping at Wegmans Food Markets, where he spent $76,373 during 53 shopping runs. He patronized ShopRite supermarkets 51 times for $11,971 in purchases plus another $6,536 in seven visits to ShopRites liquor stores."

Later in the article it mentions he got into a shouting match with Kate.
Old May 12, 2015, 1:22 am

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards (SE), Virgin America Elevate, Hyatt Gold Passport (Platinum), VIA Preference
Originally Posted by tuphat
Only has the soft "technically only for fragmentation" stuff in it (the hard stuff was exceedingly rare then). From what I can tell, the frag vest really only looks out of place if someone knows what they're looking at whereas the plated stuff would look exceedingly out of place regardless.
Old May 12, 2015, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, HH Diamond
Smile

Originally Posted by tag1979
You know you are MSer when...

You load your GCs at Kate and after you check to make they loaded to your account you walk out of the store feeling like Jason Bourne.
+1
Old May 12, 2015, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
That your mourn the loss of an amex blue card more than your last pet...
Old May 13, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by zeppoloveskafka
When you are shutting down bridges to protect your stash of cards from lousy New Yorkers.

http://watchdog.org/217942/christie-nj-expense-account/

"Christie did most of his serious food shopping at Wegmans Food Markets, where he spent $76,373 during 53 shopping runs. He patronized ShopRite supermarkets 51 times for $11,971 in purchases plus another $6,536 in seven visits to ShopRites liquor stores."

Later in the article it mentions he got into a shouting match with Kate.
^ that explains it.
Old May 13, 2015, 11:44 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by skitch23
Good grief. I saw an MS'er today that could have used one of those vests. She was in front of me in line to buy MO's at Fry's. She had no purse or wallet and in her hands were her DL, a personalized AXGC, at least 4 paypal debit cards, 4 or 5 vgc's that she was buying MO's with (even tho she showed the clerk the paypal cards), and 4 more vgc's that she hadn't paid for yet. She wasn't even remotely concerned about buying 3x750 MO's split across 5 cards even as she was fumbling with the paypal cards trying to figure out which one had enough money on it to cover the remaining balance.

As I was leaving I saw her in line to purchase the other vgc's so I waited outside for her to give her some friendly advice. But sadly she went the other way when she left the store and I didn't feel like chasing her thru the parking lot especially considering how much "cash" she had with her. I halfway expected to see her at the next Fry's a mile down the street, but judging by the entries for $750 on the log, it looked like she stopped there first.

I hope she is reading this and realizes she needs to do a better job of flying under the radar.

To all the newbies out there, please look up the word INCONSPICUOUS. Memorize the definition and then replicate the description when participating in MS activities. SMH!!
Geez man, stop talking about my mom like that. LOL
Old May 16, 2015, 3:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
The MS life...

So I stopped by WM today to top off my parents' BB cards for the month. As the courteous Kate user that I am, I glance over my shoulder to make sure nobody is waiting to use her. My Kate is away from the money center and every time I looked around an old man sitting in the money center was glaring at me. As I was getting ready to load the twelfth and final $100 vgc I was approached by two police officers.

cop: ma'am?
cop: ma'am?
me: yes?
cop: is everything OK?
me: yes?
cop: we received a call that you were using like 10 cards at this machine.
me: oh. I'm just loading my bluebird account.
cop: you're sure every thing is OK?
me: yes.
cop: ok thank you.
me: thank you officers.

Lucky for me I looked like a normal law abiding citizen and not a sketchy criminal. Now I realize I was doing nothing illegal, but total fear raced thru my body as I thought about the $8k in non-personalized axgc's were in my purse... along with a few thousand in mo's, scores of drained vgc's, and bluebird & T-Mobile cards that had names other than my own on them.

I would like to thank the old man in the money center for putting a little excitement into my monotonous MS activities. I would also like to thank the managers at office max for not ordering enough $200 vgc's to last the entire promotional period and forcing me to spend additional time with my dear friend Kate
Old May 17, 2015, 12:08 am

You know you're a MS'er when...

...when you go to checkout with a stack of GCs...you begin psychologically profiling the cashier to see if this employee will complete the large purchase without escalating it to a manager

...then immediately psychoanalyze the manager and attempt to gauge the situation to see if this manager can be convinced to offer the rest of the entire stack of GCs

...get to know your favorite Walmart CS rep who will let you load bluebird at $49.99 per load for an hour straight with no issues

...when you enter any WM your head swivles to one side to verify if there is a Kate working

...can quickly in your head add and subtract odd MO fees ($0.46, $0.71) from the total balance of $X00 GCs

...feel an adrenaline rush when you finish buying up all GCs at OD with another MS'er right behind you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.