Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hotel Credit Cards are worth MSing?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Not having the RB available in your area is a huge plus. It probably won't be killed off quickly, unlike the New York area, where a couple of stores have implemented policies that no longer allow credit card loading.
I haven't seen restrictive reports posted from CA yet, but the card is hard to find there.
RB is not and has never been sold in NY targets.
Old Apr 5, 2015, 12:46 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by Domat
RB is not and has never been sold in NY targets.
That's a good thing. There are a ton of MSers in NYC so they must be getting RBs from somewhere close by. NJ? PA, MA, MD and VA sell them. That's a pretty quick trip for the MSers in NY where the lightweights there seem to have 30+ RBs. What's the count now - is it only one or have 2 NYC stores shut down RBs to CCs? How many limit daily loads?

I'm not east coast so it doesn't matter to me, but if/when RB gets shut down, it'll probably be NY and/or CA first. (Ignoring the inability to use them in NC).
Old Apr 5, 2015, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
That's a good thing. There are a ton of MSers in NYC so they must be getting RBs from somewhere close by. NJ? PA, MA, MD and VA sell them. That's a pretty quick trip for the MSers in NY where the lightweights there seem to have 30+ RBs. What's the count now - is it only one or have 2 NYC stores shut down RBs to CCs? How many limit daily loads?

I'm not east coast so it doesn't matter to me, but if/when RB gets shut down, it'll probably be NY and/or CA first. (Ignoring the inability to use them in NC).
NJ doesn't have them either. Some may drive the 5-6 hour round trip I suppose. Most probably get them from someone mailing it to them.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtraveler
The CC free night after $10k in spend is only good in the U.S. That stinks since I like to use it in Europe/Carribean.
Are you talking about the IHG card? I was thinking of using it for Bora Bora or something like that.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by sosamo
Are you talking about the IHG card? I was thinking of using it for Bora Bora or something like that.
I think they're referring to Club Carlson.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 2:23 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by sosamo
Club Carlson. It was part of the recent change from second night free.
Old Apr 6, 2015, 6:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Domat
NJ doesn't have them either. Some may drive the 5-6 hour round trip I suppose. Most probably get them from someone mailing it to them.
Ebay has a bunch

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.