FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

Mamibear Jan 8, 2015 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by chi-flyer (Post 24126435)
Is it possible to fund my significant others Serve account with my credit card? Or does the name of the credit card have to match the serve account?

possible? Yes BUT after you've added it and you get a random error message asking you to call, that means CPS wants to verify the card to check if name Serve customer is on the card and if card number is not attached to another customer. If not, it will be rejected.

There are AU cards with different numbers than the primary cardholder like CapOneQS. So if asked to upload the card, there'll be no problem. But if primary member's card number is already attached to his account and the same number and CCV is being linked to their SO, sometimes it goes through initially but sooner or later, it gets flagged and you get an error message when using it to load. Once you get the message, CPS will ask to upload the card for verification so it is best not to be caught having 2 people using the same CC to load their account.

Navybones Jan 8, 2015 1:49 pm

For those who want to change the card they use for loading. You can pre-emptively avoid the error asking you to call to confirm the ownership of the card by going to the following website, loggin in, and uploading a scan of a photo ID and the card you are trying to add.

https://secure.serve.com/user/SecureFileUpload

This may be something worthwhile to add to the wiki. I would do it myself, but I cannot figure out how to edit the wiki.

kst78 Jan 8, 2015 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by cozmohoot (Post 24124674)
yes i have used atm. i used the locator and it was listed on the machine

I used the money pass locator today and withdrew money from Serve. I was charged 2.75 for the ATM bank, but what irritates me is that it was was listed as a moneypass ATM on the money pass site and Serve charged 2.50 on top of that. I could also only get 300 out of ATM.
I tried calling Serve about it and of course the overseas person must have had a power failure and got hung up as she was looking into this.

I am wondering if this is a "pending charge" from Server or is it a done deal? If so, I am going to go back to money orders!

aceofcards Jan 8, 2015 2:42 pm

Originally Posted by Navybones (Post 24127252)
For those who want to change the card they use for loading. You can pre-emptively avoid the error asking you to call to confirm the ownership of the card by going to the following website, loggin in, and uploading a scan of a photo ID and the card you are trying to add.

This may be something worthwhile to add to the wiki. I would do it myself, but I cannot figure out how to edit the wiki.

Thanks, updated.

aceofcards Jan 8, 2015 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by cuthroat (Post 24126798)
I've added my significant other as a authorize user on my credit card account and have had no problems adding funds to her serve account.

Originally Posted by Ritley572 (Post 24127002)
You may get asked to verify the information from a Serve representative when dealing with adding AU card accounts to a Serve account with a matching name.

Are you guys also loading from that same card on your own accounts?

Ritley572 Jan 8, 2015 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by aceofcards (Post 24127599)

I am not as I do not have a Serve account for myself. I use REDcard instead and there is no online CC load option. I do however use that card to load at Target. I would be curious if the backend of the Serve platform does checks to make sure a particular credit card number isn't linked to multiple main accounts. That seems like a lot of overhead. I'd be surprised if they actually did.

cuthroat Jan 8, 2015 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by aceofcards (Post 24127599)

Yes, I am loading hers and my account with the same card. What I do is load $500 on the credit card on my account. Then I delete the card from my account, add the card to her account and load another $500.

roki Jan 8, 2015 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by cuthroat (Post 24127862)
Yes, I am loading hers and my account with the same card. What I do is load $500 on the credit card on my account. Then I delete the card from my account, add the card to her account and load another $500.

Oh what a pain. Why don't you just add her as an AU?

cuthroat Jan 8, 2015 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by roki (Post 24127881)
Oh what a pain. Why don't you just add her as an AU?

I did. But Cap One QS uses the same account number for all AUers. I get the error message "The card entered is not available for registration. Please enter a different card number"

PropClear Jan 8, 2015 3:54 pm

I know this has been answered somewhere in the 575 pages of this topic, but can you have both a Bluebird and Serve acct? Wiki seems to suggest you can't given their discussion on converting from one to the other.

roki Jan 8, 2015 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by PropClear (Post 24128067)
I know this has been answered somewhere in the 575 pages of this topic, but can you have both a Bluebird and Serve acct? Wiki seems to suggest you can't given their discussion on converting from one to the other.

You cannot. You can only have 1 of Serve, Bluebird, and Redbird. Per SSN/person.

Ritley572 Jan 8, 2015 5:05 pm

Originally Posted by cuthroat (Post 24128006)
I did. But Cap One QS uses the same account number for all AUers. I get the error message "The card entered is not available for registration. Please enter a different card number"

This might answer the original question then. Looks like Serve does indeed check if a particular CC account number is already linked to someone else's account.

Anyone else ever experienced this?

Iheartshopping Jan 8, 2015 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by Navybones (Post 24127252)

Am I the only one who has not been prompted to do this in a while? For the longest time I loaded with Fido Amex, then changed to Ink to meet minimum spend, then changed again to citi aa to meet minimum spend on that. Was not asked for documents for either the chase or the citi cards, they just went through

TerryK Jan 9, 2015 5:04 am

Daily Load Limit

Is Softserve daily load limit of $2,500 on calendar day basis or 24 hour day?:confused:

zjts Jan 9, 2015 5:17 am

Is it possible to get a serve softcard without having a serve account?

Is the method to get a serve account online is to clcik "get a card" on serve.com?