FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

changger1 Jan 2, 2015 9:09 am

Originally Posted by jorbren (Post 24087749)
Does anyone have advice, or know first had how to get the $500 back that was taken off my one vanilla, but failed to load onto my Serve card. At family dollar i've had no problem in the past, but this last time it debited my one vanilla taking away 500, but the transaction failed and froze the computer when trying to load it to my serve, making the 500 disappear. The manager tried to credit it back but that didn't work. I know there is a limit to not load over $500, but this was my first load of the day. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

You need to have the manager talk to the corporate office and the corporate office will credit your $500 back to the One vanilla card. Give the manager a copy of the receipt and a copy of the One Vanilla Card so corporate gets a copy. This has happened a lot so the corporate office will know what to do. It took about 3 weeks and a lot of phone calls to get my $500 returned. Good luck.

cdmoye Jan 2, 2015 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Ritley572 (Post 24088213)
Make sure the phone number associated with the account is the full 10 digits (has an area code)

I tried that. I even changed it to a different number just in case there was, somehow, something wrong with the first one I used. Any other suggestions?

Mamibear Jan 2, 2015 9:50 am

Originally Posted by cdmoye (Post 24088380)
I tried that. I even changed it to a different number just in case there was, somehow, something wrong with the first one I used. Any other suggestions?

DH had similar issues and their CS was of no help so he just closed the account. Re-registered for Serve-SC and he never had problems again.

msp3 Jan 2, 2015 10:00 am

Can someone send me a softcard referral?

Bryant Leeds Jan 2, 2015 10:18 am

Originally Posted by msp3 (Post 24088493)
Can someone send me a softcard referral?

PM me with your e-mail address and I'll send you a Serve referral.

CasualGuy Jan 2, 2015 10:47 am

Originally Posted by jorbren (Post 24087742)
Does anyone have advice or know first had how to get the $500 back that was taken off my one vanilla, but failed to load onto my Serve card. At family dollar ive had no problem in the past, but this last time it debited my one vanilla taking away 500, but the transaction failed and froze the computer when trying to load it to my serve, making the 500 disappear. The manager tried to credit it back but that didnt work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I went thru this once.
At the suggestion of the Store Manager I sent Email to Family Dollar Corporate from their website. Received email from someone a day or two later asking for some info. Next day, received confirmation that they had submitted credit to my card. About seven days later, credit received!

cdmoye Jan 2, 2015 10:48 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24088420)
DH had similar issues and their CS was of no help so he just closed the account. Re-registered for Serve-SC and he never had problems again.

Would like to avoid that. I use the subaccounts for my kids' allowances. And I *just* switched all that from BB last month... Actually, maybe I'll do that anyhow. It would be better for them to have their allowances on a Redcard. Get them 5% off at Target.

I'm open to other suggestions, though. I'd much rather not close this account and go through the process again.

bob26 Jan 2, 2015 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by jorbren (Post 24087742)
Does anyone have advice or know first had how to get the $500 back that was taken off my one vanilla, but failed to load onto my Serve card. At family dollar ive had no problem in the past, but this last time it debited my one vanilla taking away 500, but the transaction failed and froze the computer when trying to load it to my serve, making the 500 disappear. The manager tried to credit it back but that didnt work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Happened to me today as well. I used that FD many times w/o any problems. Store manager could not do anything, so I sent an e-mail to FD corporate. Wondering if this is due to some changes introduced in 2015

tgienger Jan 2, 2015 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by bob26 (Post 24089749)
Happened to me today as well. I used that FD many times w/o any problems. Store manager could not do anything, so I sent an e-mail to FD corporate. Wondering if this is due to some changes introduced in 2015

I loaded $200 MCGCs at 2 different FD today at lunch. No problems at all here.

Adirondacker Jan 3, 2015 6:35 am

Originally Posted by cdmoye (Post 24088770)
Would like to avoid that. I use the subaccounts for my kids' allowances. And I *just* switched all that from BB last month... Actually, maybe I'll do that anyhow. It would be better for them to have their allowances on a Redcard. Get them 5% off at Target.

I'm open to other suggestions, though. I'd much rather not close this account and go through the process again.

I had this issue when I first opened my card it took a couple of weeks to sort it out. It ended up being that they needed to verify my credit card. This was when they did the three way call verification with the cc company. I think there is now a verification process you can do online?

Toboggan Jan 3, 2015 8:47 am

Anybody load with a Chase Ink Plus card this month already?

Cash advance balance return to normal as always?

SANTraveler Jan 3, 2015 3:15 pm

Could someone PM me a referral offer?

I mainly would like to pay my rent and my student loans via serve and the 1500 dollar CC limit would work just fine.

Thanks.

I already received the referral, thanks!

pjtravel22 Jan 4, 2015 5:01 am

Originally Posted by Toboggan (Post 24093551)
Anybody load with a Chase Ink Plus card this month already?

Cash advance balance return to normal as always?

Yep - loaded $200 each day on 1/1, 1/2, and 1/3. 1/1 load has posted as a purchase. Cash advance limit is only down $400 for pendings on 1/2 and 1/3.

Appears to be normal.

Toboggan Jan 4, 2015 9:21 am

Originally Posted by pjtravel22 (Post 24097676)
Yep - loaded $200 each day on 1/1, 1/2, and 1/3. 1/1 load has posted as a purchase. Cash advance limit is only down $400 for pendings on 1/2 and 1/3.

Appears to be normal.

Awesome.

Thanks a lot :D

4zuresky Jan 4, 2015 7:37 pm

Hello all! I made a new account just to get in the discussion! :) Been a long time lurker.

I plan to use a cc to just load online since there isn't any walmart near sf so the gc plan is out. How long do you guys usually wait before withdrawing out the loaded money from serve? And how much at a time? I do know there is a 200/day and 1000/month policy for loading cc online. Thanks for the help!