FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

cozmohoot Jan 7, 2015 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24117968)
Yes and yes

smokes your fast! thanks:)

cdancer20 Jan 7, 2015 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 24117972)
Interesting. They just made it official that you can't do a Cash Advance from your linked CC. Will be interesting to see if any enforcement action occurs to people who pay the CC that they load from.

Made what official? When and where?

Mamibear Jan 7, 2015 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76 (Post 24117972)
Interesting. They just made it official that you can't do a Cash Advance from your linked CC. Will be interesting to see if any enforcement action occurs to people who pay the CC that they load from.

as always, people are complacent with what they're getting away with until one day, mass shutdowns happen.

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 24117985)
Made what official? When and where?

see Serve's current Cardholder's member's agreement.

cdancer20 Jan 7, 2015 8:07 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24118000)
as always, people are complacent with what they're getting away with until one day, mass shutdowns happen.

see Serve's current Cardholder's member's agreement.

LMBO. Trying to see what's different about those rules than were there this time last year. It's always been against the TOS to pay the credit card that you use to upload...

Mamibear Jan 7, 2015 8:17 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 24118134)
LMBO. Trying to see what's different about those rules than were there this time last year. It's always been against the TOS to pay the credit card that you use to upload...

people were also laughing and mocking amex until those with OBC got the ax....everything goes a-ok with total disregard of rules until one day, one wakes up to find their account is closed. as long as one is willing to take the risk, they can continue laughing :p

cdancer20 Jan 7, 2015 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24118188)
people were also laughing and mocking amex until those with OBC got the ax....everything goes a-ok with total disregard of rules until one day, one wakes up to find their account is closed. as long as one is willing to take the risk, they can continue laughing :p

Hello. Welcome to the world of true MS. It's ALL a risk.

swy Jan 7, 2015 8:29 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 24117885)
Sometime in November, Serve sent out email notice regarding change in their TOS. See Serve's Cardholder's agreement under 5.b(2) where this is mentioned:

while many say they are getting way with it without AA, it is up for each one to decide.

What's AA?

roki Jan 7, 2015 8:44 am

Originally Posted by swy (Post 24118261)
What's AA?

Adverse Action.

I have always just done it this way:

My Serve > Wife's card
Wife's Serve > My card

Net zero.

zjts Jan 7, 2015 9:48 am

Am I correct that there is no 1K/mo CC deposit with bluebird like there is with Serve? So people are switching to Bluebird for paper checks & to save $ at Walmart, but losing the easy 1K/mo CC deposit?

swy Jan 7, 2015 10:23 am

Originally Posted by roki (Post 24118338)
Adverse Action.

I have always just done it this way:

My Serve > Wife's card
Wife's Serve > My card

Net zero.

brb, need to get a wife.

roki Jan 7, 2015 10:37 am

Originally Posted by swy (Post 24118934)
brb, need to get a wife.

Immediate family (if trustworthy) works too.

cozmohoot Jan 7, 2015 10:37 am

Originally Posted by zjts (Post 24118746)
Am I correct that there is no 1K/mo CC deposit with bluebird like there is with Serve? So people are switching to Bluebird for paper checks & to save $ at Walmart, but losing the easy 1K/mo CC deposit?

correct. serve can even be 1500 cc load with softcard signup

zjts Jan 7, 2015 11:14 am

Thank you. Thru hours of searching I have not found any current signup bonus for serve regular nor softcard, am I correct?

knowledgeispower Jan 7, 2015 2:43 pm

As far as I've seen there isn't any at the moment

cdancer20 Jan 7, 2015 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by zjts (Post 24119301)
Thank you. Thru hours of searching I have not found any current signup bonus for serve regular nor softcard, am I correct?

Your signup bonus will be the extra money in MS you make this month for using Serve/Softcard. :)