FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Serve - Another Paypal/Amazon payments (2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1644834-serve-another-paypal-amazon-payments-2015-a.html)

melymel Mar 23, 2015 10:57 am

Cannot load with DC/GC at FD (in NJ at least)

Well my bf went to another FD location (about an hour away from his usual one) and that store also said that you CAN NO LONGER LOAD WITH DC/GC, ONLY CASH.

Funny enough the manager at that store that policy was implemented in that store earlier than his usual store.

Mind you we live in NJ so maybe this is only happening in here. So he going to have to go to WM to get the GCs uploaded.

He is done being rejected so he is not going to look for another FD since those were the only 2 relatively close ones.

ANYONE ELSE HAVING ISSUES WITH USING DC/GC TO LOAD SERVE AT FD? In NJ?

Originally Posted by ttlmmky (Post 24526532)
Try a different FD, then report back. I loaded at FD just fine yesterday.

Originally Posted by melymel (Post 24529252)
He is going to another FD by his job to see if he has luck there using a VGC to upload. But he confirmed with me again that the manager stated it was corporate mandated. Fingers crossed but if he heard that, I wouldn't be surprise of another change to Serve. Will let everyone know what we find out.

ttlmmky Mar 23, 2015 11:23 am

Originally Posted by melymel (Post 24552300)
Well my bf went to another FD location (about an hour away from his usual one) and that store also said that you CAN NO LONGER LOAD WITH DC/GC, ONLY CASH.

Funny enough the manager at that store that policy was implemented in that store earlier than his usual store.

Mind you we live in NJ so maybe this is only happening in here. So he going to have to go to WM to get the GCs uploaded.

He is done being rejected so he is not going to look for another FD since those were the only 2 relatively close ones.

I've loaded at FD since your initial post. Doing MS means you have to have thick skin and take rejection in stride every now and then. A number of FD's in my area accept debit loads. A couple don't. There's no guarantee Walmarts in your area won't reject your bf as well. Keep at it!

rrgg Mar 23, 2015 11:35 am

Originally Posted by melymel (Post 24552300)

For me this started a year ago. A local store went to cash only, but other nearby stores did not. It seems to be a store policy issue not a franchise policy despite what the clerk will tell you.

Mattymess Mar 23, 2015 12:03 pm

What's everyone's strategy for loading the $200 VGCs from staples at WM?

If I have 5 $200 VGCs and want to load all 5 into my serve account, isn't it a little suspicious that I have to do 5 transactions even though the WM cashier thinks I'm using a debit card?

Just curious if there is another way that people are doing this.

Wonko Mar 23, 2015 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Mattymess (Post 24552647)

If I have 5 $200 VGCs and want to load all 5 into my serve account, isn't it a little suspicious that I have to do 5 transactions even though the WM cashier thinks I'm using a debit card?

I just tell them the truth - my debit card has a $200 swipe limit.

Mattymess Mar 23, 2015 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko (Post 24552700)
I just tell them the truth - my debit card has a $200 swipe limit.

Fair enough. I'll give that a try. Now I've just gotta master juggling 5 cards while getting eye punched by everyone behind me in line. :eek:

MauiKauaiOahu Mar 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by Mattymess (Post 24552748)
Fair enough. I'll give that a try. Now I've just gotta master juggling 5 cards while getting eye punched by everyone behind me in line. :eek:

Another option for me has been to load 2 cards and then go to another register. That way it isn't quite as long a wait for everyone behind you.

pointchaser93 Mar 23, 2015 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Mattymess (Post 24552647)

Check to see if any WMs in your area have a Kate. If so you can often load tons of cards with no line forming behind you. I've done 9 at a time before.

VegasGambler Mar 23, 2015 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Linda368 (Post 24547137)
I can't load my Barclays US Airways card to serve. As I understand it, the change is not supposed to go into effect until 4/15, other cards still load. Is anyone else having issues with Barclays?

I loaded from my USAir card on Sunday. Worked fine.

DrForce Mar 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by MauiKauaiOahu (Post 24552979)
Another option for me has been to load 2 cards and then go to another register. That way it isn't quite as long a wait for everyone behind you.

Do you normally suggest doing a split payment in a single transaction for 2 cards or do 2 separate transactions? What are best practices for this type of situation?

Preacher7 Mar 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce (Post 24554471)
Do you normally suggest doing a split payment in a single transaction for 2 cards or do 2 separate transactions? What are best practices for this type of situation?

I load dozens of these to my multiple Serve cards every month. I just loaded 9 more tonight.

If you can find a working Kate like I have, that's definitely the way to go. Figure on just under a minute a card. 9 cards, 9 minutes.

The register goes a bit faster on each load, and I never do split loads and only 2 back to back at the same register. I'll hit several registers, the Money Center and Customer Service if Kate is down. But never more than 2 cards back to back, and never split loads. Doing it this way never raises any eyebrows.

adamant628 Mar 24, 2015 1:29 pm

Is anyone else having issues with bill pay today? I saw that there were some issues on 3/20 that appeared to fix themselves.
I get this error online: "We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please call Customer Service at 1-800-954-0559."
and "Error Request failed: internal server error (500)" on the app.

MauiKauaiOahu Mar 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by DrForce (Post 24554471)

Originally Posted by Preacher7 (Post 24554999)
I load dozens of these to my multiple Serve cards every month. I just loaded 9 more tonight.

If you can find a working Kate like I have, that's definitely the way to go. Figure on just under a minute a card. 9 cards, 9 minutes.

The register goes a bit faster on each load, and I never do split loads and only 2 back to back at the same register. I'll hit several registers, the Money Center and Customer Service if Kate is down. But never more than 2 cards back to back, and never split loads. Doing it this way never raises any eyebrows.

Same as Preacher7. I do not do split loads. Just easier that way for me.

I carry my wife's bluebird, so I have a "legitimate" reason to do two loads.
Though that hasn't stopped some cashiers from telling me I can't load her card

CFFrost Mar 24, 2015 6:14 pm

Quick question for everyone.

I recently (just before the announcement of elimination of credit card loads) converted my wife from BB to Serve. Got the card yesterday. Did the first online CC load with a card that I am the primary on, but that she is an AU on. Today, when I went to do the CC load I got the expected fraud alert. Of course, at some point between yesterday and today, my wife appears to have misplaced her card. Therefore, I do not have the actual card to send in, and the statement (the back up option) is in my name not hers.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

VegasGambler Mar 24, 2015 6:24 pm

Originally Posted by CFFrost (Post 24560132)
Quick question for everyone.

I recently (just before the announcement of elimination of credit card loads) converted my wife from BB to Serve. Got the card yesterday. Did the first online CC load with a card that I am the primary on, but that she is an AU on. Today, when I went to do the CC load I got the expected fraud alert. Of course, at some point between yesterday and today, my wife appears to have misplaced her card. Therefore, I do not have the actual card to send in, and the statement (the back up option) is in my name not hers.

Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Option 1: Find the card.

Option 2. Call the CC company, report the AU card lost, and see if they can send you a new one and waive the fee for 2-day or overnight delivery. In my experience with every card I've ever had, you don't even need to ask -- the CSR will ask if you want to get the delivery expidited and offer to waive the fee. That will still get it to you in time to complete your March loads.