Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Discounts/rebates on Visa/MC gift cards at Office Depot/Office Max(2014-2017)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:12 am

i didn't see any signs up so I just walked out
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:22 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
anyone know if the PIN for $100 VISA gift cards from Officemax is the last 4 numbers like the $200 VISA gift cards?

The $100 VISA gift cards don't say anything about the PIN on the back, unlike the $200 ones that tells you last 4 is the PIN.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:49 am

Programs: UA, AA, Delta
Originally Posted by somdave2005
anyone know if the PIN for $100 VISA gift cards from Officemax is the last 4 numbers like the $200 VISA gift cards?

The $100 VISA gift cards don't say anything about the PIN on the back, unlike the $200 ones that tells you last 4 is the PIN.

Nevermind...found my answer. It's still the last 4 for $100. I just happen to get some $100 ones with old packaging that doesn't say anything about the PIN.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by mikeawesome
i didn't see any signs up so I just walked out
One store I went to had a sign up, but couldn't find the paper to scan in the binder. The manager went to his office, looked something up on the computer, and came back with the paper. The other OM I went to didn't have the sign up and couldn't find the paper to scan, but after a little prompting, he went back to his office and came out in a minute with the coupon to scan.

Lesson being, this is not a regional thing, but you may need to ask them to check to see if there is some offer that is not in their binder yet.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:04 am

for those of you buying 3 x $200 are you guys having them scan the coupon twice to get $40 off?
Old Dec 16, 2014, 7:15 am

Originally Posted by trubador
for those of you buying 3 x $200 are you guys having them scan the coupon twice to get $40 off?
Once is fine.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:18 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
For those who are having problems at stores where they aren't aware of the promotion, make sure you remain very friendly and not demanding. Many of the employees love to see customers get a good deal, but simply aren't able to verify this particular promotion. Yes, the promotion is everywere, but not all locations have verification unless they really take time to dig and even then some have come up empty handed at that moment. I've had success later by checking back with the store in person to see if they had located what they needed to make the deal work at their store, but only because one employee recalled a bit about this and he kept investigating (the store was not busy at all so they had time).

Also, some stores in possible problem areas unrelated to ms'ing are being very stringent on how many you can purchase and some even call Chase for approval on small amounts which is rediculous. Those stores I'm avoiding. When they do that, most are unwilling to get the temp authorization amount removed from your account (which they caused when they called Chase) which is taking away from your cl that day. That also seems to get the cc flagged more later that day when you try to purchase more at another location. For some locations in certain states, this promotion may not be worth your time and hassle. For others its a nice promotion if you haven't already gotten close to your 50k spend limit on your 5% cc. for the year.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by unkn0wns0ldier
Local store here in pdx area.... No sign and rep & manager couldn't verify the promotion either after looking thru the binder for 30 mins.... Going to try another location but any data points from those who got this to work at stores that don't have the sign up???
My store did not have any signs. Ive gotten over 4K worth so far (went back after my first "failed" attempt with a limit 1 cashier. I also know several others have been around the store as I get comments "we sure have had a lot of people buying these". Looking at the inventory, they have at least 6K more, so hoping for a bit more
Old Dec 16, 2014, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
For others its a nice promotion if you haven't already gotten close to your 50k spend limit on your 5% cc. for the year.
Given that its cardmember year, and not calendar year, Im sure there are a lot of people who havent reached 50K yet.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Given that its cardmember year, and not calendar year, Im sure there are a lot of people who havent reached 50K yet.
True. In other circles, most of the hh finished out their limits in quick fashion and some also got canned by Chase (spent too fast and too many supply stores per day according to their guesses).
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
True. In other circles, most of the hh finished out their limits in quick fashion and some also got canned by Chase (spent too fast and too many supply stores per day according to their guesses).
Well thats just not smart. Given theres a limit, theres no reason not to split it up each month.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 9:41 am

Went to one store did $2.4 K in 1 transaction, took $20 off at each $300 increment with one code scan, made me fill out a form with my ID info on it.

After 1 hour went to another store, did 1.2 K and code only took of one $20. Had to ring them up separately. Strange , but with a glance on code book , both codes labels looked little different. Need to check again to confirm.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:09 am

Programs: United, AFT, BB, UR
So Cal, visited two different stores, neither had signs and none of the employees knew of any promotion. Even went as far as talking to the manager. Since I had nothing to show for the promotion, and they can not find anything about it, there was nothing I can do. So I left with a rim of paper for my daughters xmas list
Old Dec 16, 2014, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Abflying
Went to one store did $2.4 K in 1 transaction, took $20 off at each $300 increment with one code scan, made me fill out a form with my ID info on it.

After 1 hour went to another store, did 1.2 K and code only took of one $20. Had to ring them up separately. Strange , but with a glance on code book , both codes labels looked little different. Need to check again to confirm.
There should be a coupon code on each receipt, check those and let us know.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
There should be a coupon code on each receipt, check those and let us know.
Mine is:
$40 off $300 purchase

Now I do think it is 20 off every 300 spent. If you do find a good shop, just clear the shelves.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.