Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US Bank adverse action

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2017, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Please quit disparaging US Bank in that way - my old alma mater (1980s PeoplesBank) has never beaten a customer senseless and dragged them out the door. They are kindler and gentler and prefer using cattle prods.
United didn't do that either
Old May 4, 2017, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by jk2
It seems I have to talk with Keith as well - my account under review. What should I expect from his call?
If you walk away without a complete shutdown, that'll be a victory.

It may resemble a grilling. Frankly he shouldn't be working in a customer-facing job (he doesn't come across as a nice guy). Be firm but polite.
Old May 4, 2017, 8:29 am
jk2

Originally Posted by missing_link
If you walk away without a complete shutdown, that'll be a victory.

It may resemble a grilling. Frankly he shouldn't be working in a customer-facing job (he doesn't come across as a nice guy). Be firm but polite.
Did anybody walk away without shutdown? Now, I wish I wouldn't apply for atltitude card...

Will he question purchases or talk about different things ?

update: I didn't walk out without shutdown. The lady came straight to the point, that I was purchasing GCs on my flexperks card and said everything is closed. bye bye points.
am I correct that usbank doesn't care about cfbp?

Last edited by jk2; May 4, 2017 at 8:37 am
Old May 4, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: DL, UA, AA, BA, AS, SPG, MR, IHG, PC
Would cashing out money orders at a US Bank teller window as opposed to depositing fly under the radar?

If contacted by US Bank about money order deposits, how would you respond in order to avoid a shut down?
Old May 4, 2017, 3:35 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Had all my accounts also canned by USB for VGC MS. People to contact in "Cardmember Investigations":

Christina:
Keith:

Anyone tried filling in small claims against USB? Their cardmember agreement doesn't enforce mandatory arbitration for small claims. Just had my attorney send off a demand letter to their "Office of the President."

Last edited by tcook052; May 7, 2017 at 9:37 am Reason: remove employee phone numbers
Old May 4, 2017, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by rbwpi
Would cashing out money orders at a US Bank teller window as opposed to depositing fly under the radar?

If contacted by US Bank about money order deposits, how would you respond in order to avoid a shut down?
cashing out MOs at USBank is the last thing you want to do UNLESS you want your acct flagged; when that happens, shutdown is coming...

once you get a call from them, expect the worse case scenario.

tread lightly doing MS with USBank.
Old May 5, 2017, 1:36 am

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by jk2
update: I didn't walk out without shutdown. The lady came straight to the point, that I was purchasing GCs on my flexperks card and said everything is closed. bye bye points.
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that. As noted in my post, they don't give a darn. I was told the same thing but I was eventually able to squeeze 2 cpp out of them so aim for that. This whole forfeiture thing is beyond the pale and has to end. Cf. Gao v. JPMorgan Chase & Co.

Originally Posted by xfisgsm
Had all my accounts also canned by USB for VGC MS. People to contact in "Cardmember Investigations":

Christina:
Keith:

Anyone tried filling in small claims against USB? Their cardmember agreement doesn't enforce mandatory arbitration for small claims. Just had my attorney send off a demand letter to their "Office of the President."
I was gonna file (even drafted a pleading) but my lawyer advised me not to. I read the T&C (but not closely enough, it seems). You're right! Arbitration is not mandatory for small claims. I suppose they could remove to regular court though... Please keep us updated on your progress

Last edited by tcook052; May 7, 2017 at 9:37 am Reason: edit quote
Old May 5, 2017, 3:21 am
jk2

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
Oh dear! Sorry to hear that. As noted in my post, they don't give a darn. I was told the same thing but I was eventually able to squeeze 2 cpp out of them so aim for that. This whole forfeiture thing is beyond the pale and has to end. Cf. Gao v. JPMorgan Chase & Co.

I was gonna file (even drafted a pleading) but my lawyer advised me not to. I read the T&C (but not closely enough, it seems). You're right! Arbitration is not mandatory for small claims. I suppose they could remove to regular court though... Please keep us updated on your progress
How did you get 2cpp from them? PM me if you want to keep it private. I lost large amounts of points.
Old May 5, 2017, 7:12 am

Programs: Several dozen
Meh - past interviews for risk closure positions at financial institutions have included questions like "Do you enjoy stealing candy from babies and torturing small animals?" Banking just is what it is.

Originally Posted by missing_link
...It may resemble a grilling. Frankly he shouldn't be working in a customer-facing job (he doesn't come across as a nice guy). Be firm but polite...
Old May 5, 2017, 7:51 am
jk2

Originally Posted by xfisgsm

Christina:
Keith:

Is there a difference between them? I talked to lady and she is a real b...h I wonder if it would make any difference if I call Keith. Because their point that purchasing GC is no go doesn't stand at all..

Last edited by tcook052; May 7, 2017 at 9:38 am Reason: edit quote
Old May 5, 2017, 2:55 pm

Programs: UA Premier 1K, *A Gold
Originally Posted by jk2
Is there a difference between them? I talked to lady and she is a real b...h I wonder if it would make any difference if I call Keith. Because their point that purchasing GC is no go doesn't stand at all..
No, he's just an office drone who will never see any growth in life.
Old May 6, 2017, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by jk2
How did you get 2cpp from them? PM me if you want to keep it private. I lost large amounts of points.
Oh dear! How many are we talking?

Sorry I don't have any special tips. I just wrote a ton of letters to put pressure on them. Say the seized points are worth 2 cpp and you would like to be reimbursed. I think showing persistence is important. Legally they have a pretty strong case IMO so it's hard to strategize.

My lawyer always advises to start with a nice letter, then an innocently confused letter, and so on. It makes you the company want to help you and makes you look sympathetic. After that you can go nuclear
Old May 6, 2017, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by jk2
Did anybody walk away without shutdown? Now, I wish I wouldn't apply for atltitude card

Will he question purchases or talk about different things ?

Hi, sorry about the shutdowns, if you don't mind, how were you buying GC's? website, simon mall, groceries/drug stores, all of the above?

Last edited by DjRocket; May 6, 2017 at 8:44 pm Reason: saw the answer
Old May 7, 2017, 7:01 am
jk2

Originally Posted by DjRocket
Hi, sorry about the shutdowns, if you don't mind, how were you buying GC's? website, simon mall, groceries/drug stores, all of the above?
Out of 5 cards I had with usbank, only flexperks was regularly used( in grocery stores).
Old May 7, 2017, 1:24 pm

Programs: HH D i a m o n d !!!
It would be very helpful if the folks who recently were shutdown by USB could please provide additional info regarding their MS:
  • How old were the Flexperks CCs?
  • What was your CL?
  • How much MS/month and for how many months?
  • How much organic spend?

FWIW I've been doing 2-6k /month at grocery stores on Flexperks for the last 8months without issue. But my card is ~5+ years old, CL is 22k (I've nevery even hit 33% of CL in a single month) and I typically use the card for a decent amount of organic spend in any month when I'm MSing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.