FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chime Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1588159-chime-card.html)

EL3V3N Sep 22, 2014 2:12 pm

back down to $100.... this is so weird.

brc01 Sep 24, 2014 5:31 pm

Seems like they have too many eyeballs looking over transactions for large purchases shortly after loading with MPs. Apparently not enough customers if they can scrutinize a $1495 and $475 grocery store purchase as grounds for suspension.

For those still using this card, probably best to let a low amount of funds sit for a while. I was told 3 weeks would be a "safe" time frame but I think some seasoning with everyday purchases may be most helpful.

JayTheBillionaire Oct 2, 2014 10:03 am

Update: Looks like they will be charging 3% for using PPBD MC.
Was going to load some funds and I saw this:

"Note: As of Oct 8th, 2014 there may be up to a 3% transfer fee for this card."

Why does this debit card have a transfer fee?

Over 80% of the debit cards out there can be used to load your Chime Card at no charge. Some debit cards (mostly smaller banks) can incur a fee up to 3%. We’ll always let you know if the fee will apply before you make the transfer."

Can you guys confirm? If this is true, another dead card.

jiffyjiff Oct 2, 2014 10:13 am

Originally Posted by JayTheBillionaire (Post 23615650)
Update: Looks like they will be charging 3% for using PPBD MC.
Was going to load some funds and I saw this:

"Note: As of Oct 8th, 2014 there may be up to a 3% transfer fee for this card."

Why does this debit card have a transfer fee?

Over 80% of the debit cards out there can be used to load your Chime Card at no charge. Some debit cards (mostly smaller banks) can incur a fee up to 3%. We’ll always let you know if the fee will apply before you make the transfer."

Can you guys confirm? If this is true, another dead card.

Did you bother to read ANY of this thread before asking a question that's been answered within the last 2 pages (of an only 9 page) thread?

JayTheBillionaire Oct 2, 2014 10:20 am

Originally Posted by jiffyjiff (Post 23615718)
Did you bother to read ANY of this thread before asking a question that's been answered within the last 2 pages (of an only 9 page) thread?

Read the wiki :D Nothing there.
But thanks for the answer. I'll take back a step

Cbass98 Oct 4, 2014 9:27 am

I couldn't load my Serve with Chime as a debit card this morning. Serve says to check with my Visa card bank. Anyone able to load Serve with Chime this month yet?

anagoree Oct 4, 2014 10:15 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 23625562)
I couldn't load my Serve with Chime as a debit card this morning. Serve says to check with my Visa card bank. Anyone able to load Serve with Chime this month yet?

I had the same issue. What are other ways to empty this card?

ftomasze Oct 4, 2014 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by anagoree (Post 23627906)
I had the same issue. What are other ways to empty this card?

MO/BP.

dboston1 Oct 5, 2014 12:00 pm

Hopefully just a temporary glitch. Did you try hitting change payment?

JudyJFLA Oct 5, 2014 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by jk2 (Post 23528972)
Did anybody get miles for load with DL ST?

Did you ever get an answer for ST? I just received my card yesterday.

JudyJFLA

deemkaa Oct 6, 2014 12:56 pm

Chime is useless, haven't used it once since applying, kind of regret it now.

BillyBaloney Oct 6, 2014 1:41 pm

+1. Useless. I too, have not used it once since I got it.

Yaoyao Oct 8, 2014 9:50 am

Added $100 from PP business debit, there is no $3 fee. Maybe it starts tomorrow?

Peridot83 Oct 8, 2014 10:29 am

I did a test load of just a buck from PPBD and din't see a fee. I didn't think it would hurt to call, as it was pretty legitimate question and my card is brand new so nothing is unusual about my account. CSR didn't sound like he was very definate, but said that a fee might be assesed within 24 hours, but he had no way of telling how much. I'm actually a bit suprsed if there is a delay as everything else with this card seems like it updates very fast. Fingers crossed this will wind up useful beyond to initial $10 bonus and free coffee I got.

jiffyjiff Oct 8, 2014 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Peridot83 (Post 23645288)
I did a test load of just a buck from PPBD and din't see a fee. I didn't think it would hurt to call, as it was pretty legitimate question and my card is brand new so nothing is unusual about my account. CSR didn't sound like he was very definate, but said that a fee might be assesed within 24 hours, but he had no way of telling how much. I'm actually a bit suprsed if there is a delay as everything else with this card seems like it updates very fast. Fingers crossed this will wind up useful beyond to initial $10 bonus and free coffee I got.

You called to alert them to the fact that their system may not be charging the fee correctly?