FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chime Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1588159-chime-card.html)

sowhatwegetdrunk Jun 24, 2014 1:25 pm

Chime Card

https://www.chimecard.com/

Looks like it can be loaded with debit card, money pak (somewhere I read walmart as well).. No bill pay.. May be a good one to consolidate small dcs and BP at walmart..?

https://chimecard.helpscoutdocs.com/...d-money-to-my-
chime-card-account

Bankcorp product, that's a huge downside..

prasha11 Jun 24, 2014 1:37 pm

How do I add money to my Chime Card account?

You can load funds to your Chime Card from another of your personal bank debit cards. Just select Add Funds from your online account. Make sure you have that debit card handy – we’ll ask you for the 16 digit card number, expiration date, and CVV. You can transfer up to $100/day and the funds are posted within minutes to your Chime Card balance!

f0xx Jun 24, 2014 1:37 pm

Since OP pulled this right from SD's and didn't post any information.

http://puu.sh/9IruX/97db3a63e8.png

https://www.chimecard.com/cardholder-agreement

Adding money to your Chime Card is easy! Plus, we never charge you a fee to load funds to your account.

Direct Deposit: You can deposit all or part of your paycheck into your Chime Card. Simply provide your Chime Card account and routing information to your payroll or benefits provider to receive direct deposit. Direct deposits will be available on your payday. Your Chime Card account and routing number can be found in the Add Funds section of your online account or under Settings in your mobile app. You can load up to $9,999.99 through direct deposit.

Bank Transfer: Link your existing checking or savings account to your Chime Card. Just select Add Funds in your online account or from the mobile app. You’ll be asked to provide that bank's account and routing number which you can find on a personal check or may be provided on their website or a paper statement. Once you've verified this account with us, you can transfer up to $200/day*. Transfers can take up to 5 business days to post to your account.

NEW! Bank Debit Card: You can load funds to your Chime Card from another of your personal bank debit cards. Just select Add Funds from your online account. Make sure you have that debit card handy – we’ll ask you for the 16 digit card number, expiration date, and CVV. You can transfer up to $100/day and the funds are posted within minutes to your Chime Card balance!

Cash; through Green Dot MoneyPak: You can load cash to your Chime Card through thousands of retail outlets with Green Dot MoneyPak. You can find a location near you and instructions on how to load at moneypak.com. You can load up to $1,000 a day (with a max of $10,000 a month) and the funds will be available with 2 hours. A fee up to $4.95 applies.

In general, we will only post deposits that are sent under your name or sent from your personal account. All others will be returned to the sender.

NOTE: Many banks will also allow you to make transfers from their website. If your bank offers this service, just log in to your bank’s website and add your Chime Card account using the same routing and account information you would use for direct deposit**. Certain banks may charge a fee for this.

*$200/day with a maximum of $1,000/month applies to bank transfers made from the Chime mobile app or website.

**You can transfer up to $500/day with a maximum $2,000/month using your existing bank's website.
https://www.chimecard.com/support

hamhead Jun 24, 2014 1:40 pm

In general, we will only post deposits that are sent under your name or sent from your personal account. All others will be returned to the sender.
GCs ain't gonna cut it probably.

f0xx Jun 24, 2014 1:48 pm

You may add value or load your Card via:

Direct deposit of payroll or benefits: up to $9,999.99 each calendar day; posted on the payment date of the deposit

Bank transfer or PayPal transfer: up to $500.00 each calendar day with a maximum of $2,000 in a calendar month; posted on the payment date of the deposit

Account transfers initiated through Chime in a mobile application or website: up to $200.00 each calendar day with a maximum of $1,000 in a calendar month; posted within 5 business days of initial request

Bank debit card: up to $100/day; within minutes of approved transaction

Cash load partner: up to $1,000.00 each calendar day with a maximum of $9,999.99 in a calendar month; within two (2) hours after loading
The only thing good I see about this card. Liquidating PayPal cards.

Fuerza Jun 24, 2014 2:11 pm

Anyone getting a MVD vibe from this card?

brc01 Jun 24, 2014 2:15 pm

Interesting. Looks like it could be a good small-time play up to 2K. Of course, the heavy-hitters will complain how horrible this card is when they get shutdown loading 5K+ in a month.

Domat Jun 24, 2014 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 23089369)

Probably same as a bank transfer. I don't think there is an advantage of this card over your regular bank account at least for this.

sameoldme Jun 24, 2014 2:35 pm

The Paypal option in the terms doesn't actually exist on the site after you've applied for the card, at least as far as I can tell.

Domat Jun 24, 2014 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by sameoldme (Post 23089675)
The Paypal option in the terms doesn't actually exist on the site after you've applied for the card, at least as far as I can tell.

Direct deposit.

Eagle101 Jun 24, 2014 2:49 pm

All these bankcorp cards...

card.com

Lavenchi Jun 25, 2014 5:01 pm

Almost anything that pops up looking good for MS is usually a BankCorp card.... smh

GetawaysRus Jun 25, 2014 7:11 pm

Just curious, though fortunately I am not in this boat: let's say you had a bunch of OV gift/debit cards that you were planning to use at Wally's World. But now you are stuck with these cards because Wally no longer likes OV. Would it be possible to offload 100/day from OV cards to Chime, and then use Chime at Wally's place? Or am I missing something here, and perhaps Chime won't accept OV as a "bank debit card?"

f0xx Jun 25, 2014 7:20 pm

Originally Posted by GetawaysRus (Post 23097008)
Just curious, though fortunately I am not in this boat: let's say you had a bunch of OV gift/debit cards that you were planning to use at Wally's World. But now you are stuck with these cards because Wally no longer likes OV. Would it be possible to offload 100/day from OV cards to Chime, and then use Chime at Wally's place? Or am I missing something here, and perhaps Chime won't accept OV as a "bank debit card?"

There is probably a block set in place on prepaid/gift cards.
Seeing as this is a Bancorp product, you'd think they wouldn't allow their own product.

mariogio1 Jun 26, 2014 11:28 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 23089369)

This is what I am seeing too. I have a pending $100 load. We will see if I get 1% back in a couple of days.

flatseatlover Jun 26, 2014 12:18 pm

I too have my load pending, lets see what happens

lad2 Jun 26, 2014 1:13 pm

Tried looking in the cardholder agreement, but can't find if there's any weekly/monthly limit to the debit card load. Anybody else has any luck?

Edit: email response from support - no hard limit (yet).

Cbass98 Jun 26, 2014 7:22 pm

I was able to load $100 using my PP biz debit, but now it's got me thinking - how do I unload my money off of Chime? Seems like the only benefit right now are the offers.

Also added some data points to the wiki.

commdiver Jun 26, 2014 8:12 pm

The people at Chime are probably wondering why their card became so popular all of a sudden.

mariogio1 Jun 28, 2014 1:11 am

They are about to find out why their card got so popular!!!

payeco Jun 28, 2014 1:36 am

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 23102883)
I was able to load $100 using my PP biz debit, but now it's got me thinking - how do I unload my money off of Chime? Seems like the only benefit right now are the offers.

Also added some data points to the wiki.

You can unload half your PP Biz debit to it and unload it at a place that is fussy with MC products but doesn't mind prepaid Visa debit.

Doctor of Credit Jun 29, 2014 11:39 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 23102883)
how do I unload my money off of Chime? Seems like the only benefit right now are the offers.

They allow ATM withdrawals as well starting at $2.50 per $500 (plus owner/operator fees) which works out to be 0.5% fee. Another data point: Metabank VGC not working for me either, real shame. Was hoping this would be another 3k in unloads per month without much hassle.

Silverthunder Jul 2, 2014 7:21 pm

upside: paypal might like the smaller transactions instead of a swipe or two at the money center for larger amounts

downside: May code differently/ Paypal may not like it as much.

Cbass98 Jul 2, 2014 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit (Post 23118007)
They allow ATM withdrawals as well starting at $2.50 per $500 (plus owner/operator fees) which works out to be 0.5% fee. Another data point: Metabank VGC not working for me either, real shame. Was hoping this would be another 3k in unloads per month without much hassle.

Using a real debit like PP biz debit to load Chime is a waste unless you get 1% cb. But that is a good method to unload MP loads to Chime though; then again, may as well buy a 1K mo for $.7 at that point for an even better fee.

Ayase Jul 3, 2014 10:56 am

After Evolve bans PP debit, I want to see if it is possible to do PP debit->Chime->Evolve.

Hopefully Evolve allows Chime. I will see when my card arrives.

rrgg Jul 3, 2014 10:58 am

Originally Posted by Ayase (Post 23137688)
After Evolve bans PP debit, I want to see if it is possible to do PP debit->Chime->Evolve.

Hopefully Evolve allows Chime. I will see when my card arrives.

I think you mean, "Now that Evolve banned PP debit..." (See the Evolve thread.)

Ayase Jul 3, 2014 11:00 am

Originally Posted by rrgg (Post 23137698)
I think you mean, "Now that Evolve banned PP debit..." (See the Evolve thread.)

Yes that's what I mean.

Cbass98 Jul 3, 2014 3:05 pm

Looks like the $100 load from pp biz debit to chime resulted in 1% cb.

Doctor of Credit Jul 3, 2014 7:17 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 23139222)

Yup, seen multiple confirmations of this now.

lad2 Jul 4, 2014 6:49 am

Debit load changed to $200/day.

bensim Jul 4, 2014 9:47 am

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 23139222)

How does PP code the transaction? Thanks.

JohnnyCash Jul 6, 2014 11:37 pm

I just loaded 100 and tried loading another $100 but got message

Daily transfer limit exceeded. You may only transfer up to $100 every 24 hours.
So was it a glitch yesterday that you could load 200?

MountainManDuy Jul 7, 2014 12:15 am

I loaded chime with $200. However the limit was 200 but I could not load 200 at first. i tried in $100 in two installments and it worked.

lad2 Jul 7, 2014 8:45 am

Look like they changed their mind about the daily debit load limit. Wiki updated.

samwkchan Jul 7, 2014 10:47 am

It seems that I cannot even add a prepaid card to my Chime account.
I only have two cards linked while the limit is three. When I wanted to link one more just now, it told me that I could not link more than three cards.

sunspotzsz Jul 7, 2014 11:16 am

do we if you get skypesos with suntrust on this?

lad2 Jul 7, 2014 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz (Post 23156737)

Try it and report back.

jonnydoe1234 Jul 7, 2014 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz (Post 23156737)

If it works, you are getting 500 skypesos for $2.50, which is the ATM fee. Plus the hassle of dealing with the cash from the ATM withdrawals. I guess it might be worth it if you are low on skypesos.

samwkchan Jul 7, 2014 9:59 pm

The daily limit for debit card loading is restored to $200/day again.

f0xx Jul 7, 2014 10:03 pm

Originally Posted by jonnydoe1234 (Post 23158471)
If it works, you are getting 500 skypesos for $2.50, which is the ATM fee. Plus the hassle of dealing with the cash from the ATM withdrawals. I guess it might be worth it if you are low on skypesos.

Why not just liquidate via MO?
EDIT: Never mind. It's the fee to load.