FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chime Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1588159-chime-card.html)

Aleriem Jul 16, 2014 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Cbass98 (Post 23205296)
It took me 7 days to get the card, but I signed up a day or two after this was posted. I tried to sign my wife up when I got my card and it's been almost 10 days and no card for her. Maybe they are extremely backlogged. ;)

Must be backlog. I signed up for Chime on 7/3, and as of 7/16, no card. But lots of email encouraging me to add money to the card.:)

bobloblaw Jul 19, 2014 1:01 am

Is the only limit for the debit load the daily limit? There's no monthly cap like bluebird? The T&Cs don't specify

prokopon Jul 19, 2014 10:19 am

If the PP Biz card is the only debit that folks are successfully using to load this card, what advantage does it give over just using the PP Biz to buy MO/BP in the first place?

JohnnyCash Jul 19, 2014 9:55 pm

Anyone have a problem adding funds with debit? For the last 2 days when i put $200 in i get error of a $100 daily limit. After changing to a $100, I get message that this load will exceed daily limit of $200. LOL Obviously some inconsistency there. But it's been probably 48 hours since my last load. So I'm not sure what the problem is.

Cbass98 Jul 20, 2014 11:23 am

I had that problem yesterday. Today, I was able to load $100.

Ayase Jul 21, 2014 3:57 pm

Contacted them because I have not received my card after signing up on 7/3. Here is their response:

"There was a delay at our card production facility. There was a mix-up on inventory levels, so the vast majority of the cards were not mailed until last Friday. Here's the options:

Since the cards were mailed last Friday, you will definitely receive it this week. You can wait for the card to come, or:
I can send one out to you via UPS. It will probably not be there until Wednesday or Thursday."

JohnnyCash Jul 21, 2014 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ayase (Post 23233470)
Contacted them because I have not received my card after signing up on 7/3. Here is their response:

"There was a delay at our card production facility. There was a mix-up on inventory levels, so the vast majority of the cards were not mailed until last Friday. Here's the options:

Since the cards were mailed last Friday, you will definitely receive it this week. You can wait for the card to come, or:
I can send one out to you via UPS. It will probably not be there until Wednesday or Thursday."

Thanks. My spouse signed up on 7/3 so I guess we're in the same boat.

JohnnyCash Jul 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I called and emailed about problems adding funds and the load limit. Both answered the max was lowered down to $100. I can't change wiki so someone who can please update.
Here's the email I got:
Hey Johnny,

The limit is $100; right now the system is looking at everyone on UTC/GMT time (we are going to change that, since none of our customers are in that time zone), so it's showing that you already loaded today (even though it was really yesterday according to your time zone). You should be good to try on 7/22.

Sorry about this!

--
Beth Vogelsang
[email protected]

unkinected Jul 22, 2014 8:39 am

Originally Posted by prokopon (Post 23222626)
If the PP Biz card is the only debit that folks are successfully using to load this card, what advantage does it give over just using the PP Biz to buy MO/BP in the first place?

Agreed. I'm trying to find a sneaky way into this.

payeco Jul 22, 2014 9:51 am

Originally Posted by prokopon (Post 23222626)

It posts as a signature transaction so you get 1% CB. MO/BP are pin transactions.

raenye Jul 23, 2014 9:12 pm

Another use is to hit the "12 debit swipe" requirements of rewards checking accounts.
Good if you don't spend $6/month in Amazon :)

coolblues Jul 24, 2014 11:41 am

blocked....bah. Called them and it' was tough explaining the GD loads and ATM withdrawal...
I'll see if they restore access. Was told that it may not happen.

EDIT: account was closed by them. Gave me 10 hrs to withdraw funds. Was bumped to 48 hours when I threatened to FDIC them.
3k load/withdraw in a month. Minor spending mixed in. Mainly GD loads.

wiseonewill Jul 24, 2014 11:54 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyCash (Post 23234562)
Thanks. My spouse signed up on 7/3 so I guess we're in the same boat.

I'm in the same boat. Still no card yet though.
They didn't offer to UPS one to me! Man, you must have winked at her or something.

samwkchan Jul 25, 2014 12:05 am

Originally Posted by wiseonewill (Post 23250378)
I'm in the same boat. Still no card yet though.
They didn't offer to UPS one to me! Man, you must have winked at her or something.

My spouse applied on 7/8 and the card arrived earlier. It was sent with USPS.

ZzzzX Jul 25, 2014 6:55 am

Looks like the card is for teens or those with very, very limited spending. Either they will need to change the model and lift the restrictions/limits or die on the vine. Might be a good time to get in but also looks like a lot of bookkeeping for very small returns...and fast shutdowns. (Seriously? 3k? Geeez.)