FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Chime Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1588159-chime-card.html)

bobunf May 5, 2015 9:34 am

I took advantage of the COX offer a few days ago. But now there's a 3% fee to load using Nationwide Visa Bxxx. Which means there's no good way to load the card. Then Friday, May 1, all the offers disappeared and are still gone.

Looks like it's bye-bye.

BillyBaloney Aug 3, 2015 10:06 pm

My experience with this card is that it has been quite useless for me. Does anyone know if there is a link to close the account? I've sent email to their "help" email and no reply.

sunspotzsz Nov 15, 2015 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney (Post 25217544)
My experience with this card is that it has been quite useless for me. Does anyone know if there is a link to close the account? I've sent email to their "help" email and no reply.

I have the same problem. I simply turned off the card online.

chrisremo Nov 16, 2015 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by sunspotzsz (Post 25716996)
I have the same problem. I simply turned off the card online.

How did you do this? Also, do you know if your method will avoid the following fee:

Account Maintenance Fee (assessed after 180 days of no purchases, withdrawals, or deposits): $5.00 (per month)

josephstern Nov 17, 2015 5:31 pm

I haven't used mine in more than a year. Balance is still zero. So it doesn't appear that it can go negative.

ILGfly Nov 17, 2015 10:27 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern (Post 25730912)
I haven't used mine in more than a year. Balance is still zero. So it doesn't appear that it can go negative.

Same here. Remove any funding sources you have attached to the account and it'll sit dormant with a zero balance. My last transaction of any type was July '14 when I zero'd it out with a 7-11 BP.

thisguyoverhere Nov 28, 2015 9:34 pm

Anyone ever find a use for this thing???

I used it for some debit card loads and had a little space left over on a Serve. Loaded it at WM for $100 at the machine, received a text that I earned a dollar. Then drained the remaining $101. Made a few bucks between the bank and that, but otherwise the card is just sitting there.

chaser123 Nov 29, 2015 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by thisguyoverhere (Post 25784546)
Anyone ever find a use for this thing???

I used it for some debit card loads and had a little space left over on a Serve. Loaded it at WM for $100 at the machine, received a text that I earned a dollar. Then drained the remaining $101. Made a few bucks between the bank and that, but otherwise the card is just sitting there.

I miss this card. I wwas using it hard ntis the DOC wrote about it. Then suddenly 3% funding for gift cards and I havent found a use yet.

ComputerSnack Feb 2, 2016 10:28 pm

I just paid my Verizon Wireless bill via my Chime card and used the spend $50, get $5 cash back. Really nice! The $5 showed up instantly in my balance.

Klwesner10 Aug 27, 2019 9:57 am

Do NOT use Chime

I urge you all to look at consumer reviews and the numerous complaints and lawsuits against this company. I am one of many many many victims. I never filed any disputes and have only used direct deposit to load from my employer. After 6 months, the closed my account with over $800 in it. It’s been a week and I still have no answers on receiving the remaining funds. I get the brush off and delay tactics. I should have read the reviews and complaints before using the card. I have even filed a complaint with the FBI, BBB, OCC and the FDIC. They are being investigated. The use enticement practices to get you to join with the early direct deposits. It appears to be a robbing Peter to pay Paul scheme and I suspect all these investigations will lead to changes there and higher regulations to prevent more victims.

DrunkAmexChick Sep 10, 2019 2:58 am

Egad, here I am rubbing my hands together ("someone's got a new angle with Chime cooking" why else would a 3 year old thread get a bump now?) But apparently you are lost. I'm sorry to hear about your problems. You are wasting your time with those other acronyms. File a CFPB complaint.

SideShowBob Sep 18, 2019 7:18 am

Do you hear a chime sound every time they take your money?

SkehGuy Sep 20, 2019 6:54 am

I use the chime card for ms

I use this to load gebits at the register at my local grocery store since it is on the GD network. 3.95 fee to load which works out to break even when they are running a $10 off vgc deal. May be worth a second look if you want to avoid WM

flyerduude Oct 28, 2019 3:41 pm

I tried to sign up for this but they dont like my mail.com emal address.
I have used them as my main email for years.
i dont think i even know my ISP email.